60 Teens Storm and Loot/Vandalize Wallgreens

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Second time in city in one week. Same people.
There is a problem. But likely not be addressed, because it would be too upsetting.
Police worry this kind of thing could go national...

When my wife went on a ten day medical mission to Nicaragua (it being the first time she was ever outside the US) one of the things she was very surprised at were the armed men patrolling along city streets provide, for a fee, security to the businesses.

This kind of stupidity keeps up and we may see that in this country.

Why Walgreens? :dunno:

Pain meds I would think. Many pills sell for $5-$10 each on the street... you snag a container of 500... that's $2,500 - $5,000.
They didn't hit the pharmacy, looks like. If they had, the cops would have had every one of them rounded up by now. They are on video!

You know, every checkout counter in every store I ever worked in had a panic button under the counter that was connected directly to the police station in case the store was robbed. I realize the kids aren't in there very long, but if only whoever was in the office could remotely lock the front doors and push the panic button, the kids would be caught inside until the police arrived. Yeah, they might break a few things while they were waiting, but it would sure send a message to kids who think this is all funny and shit.

My family ran a small general store for about seventy years, and when high school let out each afternoon, something of a flash mob (a WHITE one, btw) descended and managed to pocket quite a few Twinkies and Clark bars. Retail businesses do not operate on a high profit margin. Especially little Mom&Pops are hurt with shoplifting. And in a chain store like Walgreens? We all pay, in higher prices to make up for the loss.

Why Walgreens? :dunno:

Pain meds I would think. Many pills sell for $5-$10 each on the street... you snag a container of 500... that's $2,500 - $5,000.
They didn't hit the pharmacy, looks like. If they had, the cops would have had every one of them rounded up by now. They are on video!

You know, every checkout counter in every store I ever worked in had a panic button under the counter that was connected directly to the police station in case the store was robbed. I realize the kids aren't in there very long, but if only whoever was in the office could remotely lock the front doors and push the panic button, the kids would be caught inside until the police arrived. Yeah, they might break a few things while they were waiting, but it would sure send a message to kids who think this is all funny and shit.

My family ran a small general store for about seventy years, and when high school let out each afternoon, something of a flash mob (a WHITE one, btw) descended and managed to pocket quite a few Twinkies and Clark bars. Retail businesses do not operate on a high profit margin. Especially little Mom&Pops are hurt with shoplifting. And in a chain store like Walgreens? We all pay, in higher prices to make up for the loss.
White, black...the demographic is most likely determined by the general population of the neighborhood.
I think a lot of businesses prone to shoplifting automatically calculate those losses into their prices. Flash mobs like these are a relatively new phenomenon, though.

Second time in city in one week. Same people.
There is a problem. But likely not be addressed, because it would be too upsetting.
Police worry this kind of thing could go national...

Can't criticize those po', unnerprivveged yoots! You'd be racist if you did. Dey jes be needin' Pampers fo' dey babies' mammas...

Nice goofy warrior, a real knee slapper.

Forum List

Back