6.0 Earthquake in Napa

Here in Marin City it was shaking for something like 15-Seconds. The cats were mostly quiet which is surprising. T.V. showed a lot of damage to Napa. Those old brick and mortar buildings do not stand up well.

The Miwok who lived there for thousands of years before the arrival of Europeans would have told you that Turtle who holds up the world got tired and needed to move. :omg:

Turtle?

My dear young man, it's Turtles All The Way Down.

I live 55 miles south in Mountain View and felt it while in bed early this morning. It was like going over 3 quick good-sized bumps in the road and sort of fun, but they are always very scary no matter how small because you never know just how big the shaking will get until it is over.

Funny...we didn't feel it in Oaklandtown. I'm crediting the fact that the house is built on bedrock.

The gang bangers of Oakland now have someplace to go!

Let me guess, your one of "Right To Life" Assholes
worse....she is someone who thinks they know what they are talking about....

I just love how all these so-called "Right to Life" types are the first to jump on people who are sick and injured, and then make their own brand sick quips about it.

Napa California and American Canyon California have suffered a massive earthquake and the sick as shit Cons make light of it.

People are without food, water and electrical power. So what do the ConJobs/NeoNuts/RePugs/TeaHadists do? Do they decided to help their fellow citizens in need, volunteer for blood drives and send food?

Of course not. They of the great "Compassionate Republican" calling make sick and disgusting remarks about.

I am ever so fucking glad NOT to be a Conservative.

They check their hearts, their compassion and caring for others at the door and make snide comments while fellow humans beings suffer.

I just love how all these so-called "Right to Life" types are the first to jump on people who are sick and injured, and then make their own brand sick quips about it.

Napa California and American Canyon California have suffered a massive earthquake and the sick as shit Cons make light of it.

People are without food, water and electrical power. So what do the ConJobs/NeoNuts/RePugs/TeaHadists do? Do they decided to help their fellow citizens in need, volunteer for blood drives and send food?

Of course not. They of the great "Compassionate Republican" calling make sick and disgusting remarks about.

They check their hearts, their compassion and caring for others at the door and make snide comments while fellow humans beings suffer.

I will not lump these sick people with regular sane Republicans but I see your point though. Some of these psychopaths think that their duty to be a good American begins and ends with wishing harm to US leaders from Democratic party. This is insane. Napa/American Canyon was the epicenter of this earthquake which means houses were rocking left and right. It was pretty scary.

I will not lump these sick people with regular sane Republicans but I see your point though. Some of these psychopaths think that their duty to be a good American begins and ends with wishing harm to US leaders from Democratic party. This is insane. Napa/American Canyon was the epicenter of this earthquake which means houses were rocking left and right. It was pretty scary.

I was living out on 35th. & Balboa in San Francisco during the Loma Preita Earthquake.

I was alright with the house moving back and forth, which it did. When it started to move up and down I got the hell out of there.

The Conservative posts that I've read show a distinct and clear lack of care, compassion or cocern.

People are hurt.

People are injured.

Homes are destroyed.

Livelihoods destroyed.

People are LIVING IN SHELTERS.

There is no running water.

Food is scarce.

Medical Care is available, but stressed to the breaking point.

And what do the Cons do?

Snide Comments and Sick Remarks.

Compassionate my ass.

Wine prices will rise. Invest on Monday in groups associated with wine industry. Big $$$$$.

To bad it didnt open up under Pelosi's house and sucked her in .. just saying lol

Breaking: 6.0 earthquake centered in American Canyon in Napa early this morning. The news is showing a lot of damage...but these could be isolated. Developing.

A magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck Napa County early Sunday, injuring dozens of people, sparking a fire at a mobile home park in Napa and causing extensive damage to buildings in and around downtown Napa, authorities said.

The quake, the largest in the Bay Area since the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989, struck 3 miles northwest of American Canyon at 3:20 a.m., the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was felt as far away as Chico and Fresno, the USGS said.

The tremor was followed by several aftershocks, the largest of which was a magnitude 3.6 that struck 5 miles southwest of Napa at 5:47 a.m....

Fire injuries after 6.0-magnitude Northern California quake - SFGate

Aren't you the classy one.

I'd gone to bed at 2:30 (after work, not fun things) and this thing gave me quite the scare at 3:20! I'm on bedrock in SF, so there was a lot of shaking but no damage. Coming out of that deep a sleep by the time I figured out what was going on it was almost over. Crazy to see some of the damage in Napa though. Thinking good thoughts for the people who are injured and all the rebuilding that area has ahead of it.

That was a crazy and wild earthquake, it felt like I was on a ship. I live in a tall building and it sway really good. I am ok and nothing broke. I had a normal today shooting my bow at the archery range.

My wife is from Chile, S.A., and she told me a little earlier that there was also a big quake in her home country 6PM yesterday.

Magnitude 6.6 quake hits central Chile no damage reported Reuters

(Reuters) - A strong, magnitude 6.6 quake hit central Chile on Saturday afternoon, shaking buildings and causing power outages in the capital, Santiago, but there were no reports of damage.

The epicenter was 31 miles (50 km) north-northeast of the port city of Valparaiso, the U.S. Geological Survey said...

About 100,000 people in Santiago lost electricity, and there were also partial cuts to the power supply in the cities of Temuco and Valparaiso, said Chilean emergency service Onemi.

My wife was born in Temuco.

Breaking: 6.0 earthquake centered in American Canyon in Napa early this morning. The news is showing a lot of damage...but these could be isolated. Developing.

A magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck Napa County early Sunday, injuring dozens of people, sparking a fire at a mobile home park in Napa and causing extensive damage to buildings in and around downtown Napa, authorities said.

The quake, the largest in the Bay Area since the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989, struck 3 miles northwest of American Canyon at 3:20 a.m., the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was felt as far away as Chico and Fresno, the USGS said.

The tremor was followed by several aftershocks, the largest of which was a magnitude 3.6 that struck 5 miles southwest of Napa at 5:47 a.m....

Fire injuries after 6.0-magnitude Northern California quake - SFGate

I read about that earlier today. I didn't feel a durn thing and I am 4.5 hours south of Napa. Used to live there at one time. Nice, but hot. It's like Bakersfield...with hills.

Did you feel it Boedicca?

I live 55 miles south in Mountain View and felt it while in bed early this morning. It was like going over 3 quick good-sized bumps in the road and sort of fun, but they are always very scary no matter how small because you never know just how big the shaking will get until it is over.

Funny...we didn't feel it in Oaklandtown. I'm crediting the fact that the house is built on bedrock.

We felt it, and we're in Oakland now too.

No damage or anything, but it scared the shit out of my cats.

And me, a little.

One day out from the earthquake and yes there were barrels of wine lost. But seeing as I no longer partake of alcohol this means very little if any thing to me.

No lives were lost, one 13-year old boy was choppered to Oakland's Children's Hospital. The morning Chronicle has some pretty good coverage of the aftermath.

SFGate San Francisco Bay Area - News Bay Area news Sports Business Entertainment Classifieds - SFGate

No school today (Monday) in Napa, don't know about Tuesday. I will go to Kaiser today and donate blood.

[

I read about that earlier today. I didn't feel a durn thing and I am 4.5 hours south of Napa. Used to live there at one time. Nice, but hot. It's like Bakersfield...with hills.

Did you feel it Boedicca?

No, I didn't. Some friend in Marin and down on the peninsula did. Either we were very sound asleep (unlikely), or our bedrock did a good job of keeping us secure. I'd rather think it's the latter.

I did hear on the news that landfill and alluvial soil were shakiest.

Let me guess, your one of "Right To Life" Assholes
worse....she is someone who thinks they know what they are talking about....[/QUOTE]

They check their hearts, their compassion and caring for others at the door and make snide comments while fellow humans beings suffer.[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious. How many church organizations - usually comprised of conservatives - do you think have sent and are sending aid to the people of the area?

Name one single liberal organization doing the same.

Forum List

Back