6.0 Earthquake hits Peru

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
A 6.0 earthquake was reported to have hit Peru (breaking news) and now a second one was reported by another news source. Pray for these people in Peru!

6.0 magnitude earthquake near Iquitos, Loreto, Peru and Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador : April 18, 2017 17:49

TWO Mag. 6.0 Earthquakes Strike; Peru Hit Hard

Post by Newsroom
- Apr 18, 2017
Two STRONG Magnitude 6.0 earthquakes struck opposite sides of the earth today. The first, near Fiji, was very deep at more than 600km, and was NOT felt widely. The second, SLAMMED Peru from a shallow depth of only 10km.

According to the US Geological Survey (USGS) the Peru quake registered as an "8" on the Mercali Shake Scale, meaning the "Perceived Shaking" was "Severe" and the potential for damage is "Heavy."

The shallow depth of the Peru quake meant it was felt over a VERY wide area, and the USGS shake models show it was felt not only in Peru, but also in Ecaudor, Columbia and western Brazil!
Superstation95

Last edited:
Hmmm I suppose I'll make sure my stuffs away from the edges for GP, we usually get a rumble after the other end gets shook. We had a rash of 4s and 5s at the beginning of the month (7th I think it was) though typically something that small is no biggie, we kind of don't really note them until around 7.

Ya'll send some prayers down for anyone caught in the roil.

Forum List

Back