56 Unit Low-Income Housing Project Sparks Outrage in Billionaire Democrat Playground

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
As many of us are already aware, Nantucket is the redoubt of many a Democrat donor/politician. We're talking the big players.

They don't like illegal immigrants. (How dare Desantis! Back to the red states with that riff raff.)

They don't like wind farms. ("Saving the environment ruins the breathtaking views doncha know...)

And now, surprise - surprise, they don't like low income housing.

As usual with the Leftists, "rules for thee, but not for me!"

Now shut up you stinking racist elitists, while they preach to you about their moral high ground.

It's so plain as day these people are absolutely full of shit, and don't believe a damn word that comes out of their deceitful mouths.

This is gone on for a long time. Republicans do the same thing but they don't pretend that they care about the rights of the poor and minorities the way democrats do.

A large portion of the NIMBY movement, Which opposes projects like this being Built-in their neighborhoods are democrats. This is a prime example of liberal hypocrisy where they will Proclaim that they support helping the poor And talk about building low income housing, But the moment something actually is Built-in their neighborhood they will be up in arms.

This is gone on for a long time. Republicans do the same thing but they don't pretend that they care about the rights of the poor and minorities the way democrats do.

A large portion of the NIMBY movement, Which opposes projects like this being Built-in their neighborhoods are democrats. This is a prime example of liberal hypocrisy where they will Proclaim that they support helping the poor And talk about building low income housing, But the moment something actually is Built-in their neighborhood they will be up in arms.
Democrats care so much, they've enslaved poor and minority groups to be over-dependent on government with nearly zero incentive to better themselves. Is that a good thing?

As many of us are already aware, Nantucket is the redoubt of many a Democrat donor/politician. We're talking the big players.

They don't like illegal immigrants. (How dare Desantis! Back to the red states with that riff raff.)

They don't like wind farms. ("Saving the environment ruins the breathtaking views doncha know...)

And now, surprise - surprise, they don't like low income housing.

1674449421934.png

It's a 156 unit development and the whole thing about the "poors" is disingenuous....We are not talking section 8 here.

They said that 15 of the homes and 24 of the condos would be sold for between $261,000 and $373,000, and none of the 156 properties would be more than $1 million.

Sounds more like they just don't want 156 dwellings on 14 acres.....Makes perfect sense to me.

It's a 156 unit development and the whole thing about the "poors" is disingenuous....We are not talking section 8 here.

They said that 15 of the homes and 24 of the condos would be sold for between $261,000 and $373,000, and none of the 156 properties would be more than $1 million.

Sounds more like they just don't want 156 dwellings on 14 acres.....Makes perfect sense to me.
But it's OK for 156 units on every lot along A1A, amirite?

Dude, have you ever been to Natucket?

That is their version of "the poors"!

Just like a mere 50 or so illegals is their version of an unsustainable invasion.

Dude, have you ever been to Natucket?

That is their version of "the poors"!

Just like a mere 50 or so illegals is their version of an unsustainable invasion.
I'm not buying it. If anything they might be skeered right-leaners would move in. ;)

We just nixed a 142 home development on 42 acres in my town. Mainly because we did not want anymore NOtVA transplants liberal-ing up the place. ;)

I'm not buying it. If anything they might be skeered right-leaners would move in. ;)

We just nixed a 142 home development on 42 acres in my town. Mainly because we did not want anymore NOtVA transplants liberal-ing up the place. ;)

If anything, the fact that most of us might not consider these developments "low income" only buttresses my argument.

But, hey, if you wanna defend the globalist scum on Nantucket, that's your business.

They sure as shit won't return the favor, that I guarantee ya.

If anything, the fact that most of us might not consider these developments "low income" only buttresses my argument.

But, hey, if you wanna defend the globalist scum on Nantucket, that's your business.

They sure as shit won't return the favor, that I guarantee ya.
Meh, there's nothing there that I'm interested in anyway.....It may as well be on the surface of the fuckin' moon.

Meh, there's nothing there that I'm interested in anyway.....It may as well be on the surface of the fuckin' moon.

I'd agree with you.....were it not for Cisco Brewery and Distillery.

Move those over to the mainland and then let the place sink into the sea thanks to merciful "Climate Change"! (tm)

Looking at homes for sale on Nantucket, for context, a 1020 sq ft, 2 bedroom house with a 1/4 acre lot is on the market for $1.8M .. even a $400K investment in real estate doesn't get you much on Nantucket ..

Looking at homes for sale on Nantucket, for context, a 1020 sq ft, 2 bedroom house with a 1/4 acre lot is on the market for $1.8M .. even a $400K investment in real estate doesn't get you much on Nantucket ..
The .25 acre lot is the key.....The small dwelling will be torn down and something else bigger built on the lot.....It happens all the time in NOtVA in the 60s era subdivisions.....A 1000+/- sq. ft. Rancher on a .25 acre lot is bought, torn down, and a million dollar Mc Mansion takes it place.....Looks weird at first but eventually the neighborhood is transformed.

I'm very middle class and I don't want low rent housing near me either. But I know the upper class doesn't care about what I want.

But low rent housing sucks because once it starts it begins to grow. Then next thing you know you have a bunch of dirty, inconsiderate, loud, obnoxious people in your area and boost mobile stores and check cashing stores start popping up.

Forum List

Back