5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

look jackazz,, I said that with sarcasm.. you don't hear a hue and cry from the left when a cop dies.. hell, the last time a cop died they marched down the street cheering.
uh huh...jesus you're an asshole.

Yep.

The same ignorant bitch who was trying to blame illegals for the death of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart within hours of his death. She was wrong about that, BTW.

thank you very much kind sir.. now that will answer TINKTANKS questions about name calling..

Seems people would rather the cops go back to shooting people. Well, I'm all for that, fewer criminals ultimately.

:eusa_eh:

Just a tad of hyperbole there ...

How about reasonable force, KK?

Is it reasonable for two cops to have to tazer a little kid like that?

What knee-jerk donkeys like sweet willy don't understand is that incidents like this raise questions about the use of tasers in general rather than the judgement exercised by the officers involved. There is nothing in the article that suggests these officers didn't follow their training to the letter.
No, there isn't, but cops are actually trained to avoid killing the innocent. Bad judgment on their part.

Yup,, that's what them thar cops went and done alright.. they says "we gonna pull our tazer out and kill us an innocent tonight'' yup!
This is why I know you're an asshole. There is a huge difference between bad judgment and purposefully killing someone. Damn, you make RGS look logical.

Seems people would rather the cops go back to shooting people. Well, I'm all for that, fewer criminals ultimately.

I havent seen anyone mention that yet.

Not saying I havent missed a few posts, but you cant be serious.

No what they want, is for the cop to stand there with his thumb up his azz and try to figure out who is "innocent" and who is not and then end up a dead cop! that's what it''s shaking out to be.. just take an extra second or two to try and second guess the situation and end up dead.

No, there isn't, but cops are actually trained to avoid killing the innocent. Bad judgment on their part.

Yup,, that's what them thar cops went and done alright.. they says "we gonna pull our tazer out and kill us an innocent tonight'' yup!
This is why I know you're an asshole. There is a huge difference between bad judgment and purposefully killing someone. Damn, you make RGS look logical.

well? and so?

and the use of tasers is the question. They are killing more and more people as their use is more accepted. What is an acceptable death rate for you? We can pretty much pinpoint what the rate is.

0.1%

Hmm ... tasers are killing only .0001% of those hit by them, so there's a long way to go.

Link?

I've been googling like mad looking for some stats since I posted that and I've come up empty.

You really are a moron. I can't argue with morons because your minds are not big enough to grasp more than a few talking points. As I said, become a cop for a year then come back and try again, otherwise you have no idea what they go through.

Says the electrocuted one. Don't you have a grave to be in somewhere?

Become vaguely familiar with electric shock and then come back and try again.

I am very familiar with electricity .. very. I was about 10 when I first got electrocuted, brother thought it would be funny to plug something I was working on in. It's the wattage that kills, voltage can go pretty high before it becomes a real danger, static shocks you feel are about 1000 volts, but almost no watts, thus you only feel a slight sting. Tasers are built on that formula, high volts low watts. There are also several hundred people alive today who have been struck by lightening, which has a VERY high wattage, but are just fine, some are called "lightening rods" because their high iron content makes them attract it better than even real lightening rods and have been struck several times. I have only been electrocuted by wall sockets, usually because I make a mistake or two. Yes, it hurts, but my heart is strong so I haven't had any problems. That's the problem, only the few people who's hearts are weak will die from tasers, they hurt and make you twitch a bit, but that's it. In training most cops are tasered as part of their training, so they know what it's like before they use it. Here our mayor even voluntarily got tasered on live TV (funny as hell). Seriously, learn about electricity before you open your damned mouth moron.

Let me say this real slow.....YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ELECTROCUTED.

Dumb ass.

It is used all over the world and accepted as reasonable force.

Again ... yes it is ... depending on the situation.

Shooting and killing a suspect is also reasonable force in certain situations.

Tasers can kill??? News to me folks. I had no idea. Seriously.

Sorry, my son is just about 16 is about 5'2" and weighs right around the 110 mark. A big kid he is not. If a short, middle-aged mom in good shape can handle this kid, two cops - regardless of gender or height - certainly should have been able to handle this kid. No excuses.

Aren't cops trained to assess situations? If he was learning disabled - and that can mean many things - this may very well have been apparent by his response to the cop's questions. If my son were confronted by anyone, they would know within 5 seconds after he answered a question that he was special needs. Not saying the same is true for this kid but . . . . it may be.

People on drugs sound just like the learning disabled ... too close to call in most situations and with all the cops killed by junkies because they didn't think they were, meh, tasers are the least harmful. Only those with heart problems are at risk of dying from them, and you can't expect a cop to ask for medical history in the field.

A learning disabled kid may very well present as a drug addict . . . but he wasn't. He wasn't armed, he wasn't big and he was learning disabled. Since the kid had no weapon you mean to tell me they couldn't have gotten a pair of cuffs on him without using a taser? If two cops cannot handle a kid this size then maybe they should be on desk duty.

:eusa_eh:

Just a tad of hyperbole there ...

How about reasonable force, KK?

Is it reasonable for two cops to have to tazer a little kid like that?

Taser is reasonable force.

In certain situations, it sure is. I'm not convinced that it was reasonable force in this situation.

As I said, many who are on drugs will look and sound "developmentally disabled" ... that is until you touch them, then they kinda hurt you really bad. The cops used the taser because that's the one thing that keeps them safe to. Tasers don't just stop the criminal, they prevent harm to both the criminals and cops in almost all instances, period. Just looking at one or two per year that die ... that's dishonesty at best.

Yep.

The same ignorant bitch who was trying to blame illegals for the death of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart within hours of his death. She was wrong about that, BTW.

thank you very much kind sir.. now that will answer TINKTANKS questions about name calling..

Just calling a spade a spade. I could give a shit what that other dude asked.

go for it! I don't give a shit.. I made a mistake and you get to spend the rest of your life hating me for it.. Whatever makes your pecker pucker!

Forum List

Back