5.7 replace the 9mm??

It's not finding ammo with me it'finding the firearm I want. There seems to be a shortage of western revolvers in .357 and lever-action rifles in 30.30

It's not finding ammo with me it'finding the firearm I want. There seems to be a shortage of western revolvers in .357 and lever-action rifles in 30.30
Wanting a 357 peacemaker and 357 lever,,, 357 desert eagle too. Had them all in 357 and 44 I like the 357. Yes they are very hard to find. Saw one rev 6 mo ago, thought about it, went back, gonzo. Just the other day I was in a LGS asking, he said very hard to find or get in stock.

I have loads recently bought and almost none I "bought off the shelf". Don't go to the big box stores, they are the first to run out, everyone goes there. Go to your local gun stores or just order it online, they have tons available unless you're looking for boutique rounds. You can always check AmmoSeek.com to find the best prices.
Online is the way to go. Right to your door in my state. Brownells or cheaper than dirt

Some guy on another forum was postulating that the 5.7 round could eventually replace the 9mm Luger......... In who's lifetime..........?

While there are some advantages to the 5.7 round the disadvantages in comparison to the 9mm outweigh them by a wide margin.

57_vs_9mm_cover.jpg
More garbage. 45 win mag is the correct semi auto option

You're not going to hit shit at 50 yards with a pistol

The typical self defense shooting is from less than 30 feet
It is possible to have a self defense shooting at 50 yards but it would be rare.

Forum List

Back