450 million dollar recycling factory.

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
Don't know if this post belongs here, but I'll post it anyway. At work we were talking about what an individual could do to help the world/nation/state/community if you won the big powerball lottery, say 450 million.

Being the type of guy I am, I would live on a million or two, then I would start an industry leading recycling plant. I know, I would probably lose the entire 450 million in 5 years and the plant would shut down. But in that 5 years, we, as in the "world" would learn a little bit about recycling and help the human race down the road. Maybe 50 years down the road, but it would be better than me spending 450 million on mansions, private jets, boats, hookers, bud light, and norcos. hahaha

I would build it out in the desert, next to a rail road and highway system to transport the insane amount of shit it would take in/put out. Work a deal with the prison systems to hire "slave" labor. (I think if you are rotting away in prison, please make yourself useful.)
Or hire homeless people and street corner beggars to sort the endless amount of trash that comes in.

What are your thoughts?

Just remember, government legally steals far more than they deserve..

I would give 1/2 of it to the "Wounded Warrior Project" and "Saint Jude".

There's no point to starting a business in America anymore..

I would probably start an off-line greenhouse sorta farm.

I've always wanted to fabricate huge (car size) faceted crystals, so, I'd probably buy the equipment, raw materials and such to do that as a hobby.

Last edited:
The only bad thing about donating to charities is the amount the charities "charge". From the tiny bit of research if read online (it's a fact if it's on the internet you know), sometimes for every dollar you donate, only .15 to .20 goes to the charity! The rest to the fund raiser, insane! Some are worse than others, but myself, I never thought too much about the cost of charity.

Like you said with the crystal fab company, I would like to do it as a hobby. If I lost the money, that's fine. Another thought, instead of giving ONE person 300 million dollars, they should give 300 people a million dollars each. POW! That idea solves all the worlds problems. haha

Don't know if this post belongs here, but I'll post it anyway. At work we were talking about what an individual could do to help the world/nation/state/community if you won the big powerball lottery, say 450 million.

Being the type of guy I am, I would live on a million or two, then I would start an industry leading recycling plant. I know, I would probably lose the entire 450 million in 5 years and the plant would shut down. But in that 5 years, we, as in the "world" would learn a little bit about recycling and help the human race down the road. Maybe 50 years down the road, but it would be better than me spending 450 million on mansions, private jets, boats, hookers, bud light, and norcos. hahaha

I would build it out in the desert, next to a rail road and highway system to transport the insane amount of shit it would take in/put out. Work a deal with the prison systems to hire "slave" labor. (I think if you are rotting away in prison, please make yourself useful.)
Or hire homeless people and street corner beggars to sort the endless amount of trash that comes in.

What are your thoughts?

no you could do rather well

there is big money in recycling

the solar panels they want to tack up everywhere

need lots of precious metal (silver)

iron is always in demand

copper too

cardboard is 65-75 dollars a ton or more

just have to have some good contracts

both in and out

And you stated "theres no point in starting a business in America anymore", I have to disagree on that one. I started my own business (motorcycle parts and accessories) about 10 years ago after learning the trade from my old greedy slave driver boss. It has provided a decent, yet solid income for my family and my 3 good buddies for years. I'm thinking my buddies and I should be able to work here until we reitire, or die. Small business in America is not as bad as most would think. Yes, the government bends me over every month, but that's the price I pay to live and work in the best country in the world. Small business for my employees and my family works out ok, but I still dream about winning the lottery!

What are your thoughts?

iron is always in demand

copper too

both in and out

This would be a "new" facility, no more separate cans for trash, glass, paper, cardboard, metal, ect. Just throw everything in a bin and let the prisoners sort it out. Or homeless, or needy. It would provide some jobs, although not 120,000 dollar a year jobs, but jobs nonetheless. I believe in recycling, but it is somewhat of a pain in the ass. I do my best to recycle, but my family, people I work with, and people I see in public don't share the same views. I would like it to be easier. I would even blow my 450 million dollar wad on trying it.

What are your thoughts?

iron is always in demand

copper too

both in and out

This would be a "new" facility, no more separate cans for trash, glass, paper, cardboard, metal, ect. Just throw everything in a bin and let the prisoners sort it out. Or homeless, or needy. It would provide some jobs, although not 120,000 dollar a year jobs, but jobs nonetheless. I believe in recycling, but it is somewhat of a pain in the ass. I do my best to recycle, but my family, people I work with, and people I see in public don't share the same views. I would like it to be easier. I would even blow my 450 million dollar wad on trying it.

This would be a "new" facility, no more separate cans for trash, glass, paper, cardboard, metal, ect. Just throw everything in a bin and let the prisoners sort it out.

that is not really new that is the way it is out here without the prisoners

there might be some but more like work release

i do a little recycling on the side have for years

mostly copper brass and iron

And you stated "theres no point in starting a business in America anymore", I have to disagree on that one. I started my own business (motorcycle parts and accessories) about 10 years ago after learning the trade from my old greedy slave driver boss. It has provided a decent, yet solid income for my family and my 3 good buddies for years. I'm thinking my buddies and I should be able to work here until we reitire, or die. Small business in America is not as bad as most would think. Yes, the government bends me over every month, but that's the price I pay to live and work in the best country in the world. Small business for my employees and my family works out ok, but I still dream about winning the lottery!

I should have added that I live in California, I wouldn't start a company in California or any state where Democrats are too seriously dug in, they're just not business friendly.

I should have added that I live in California, I wouldn't start a company in California or any state where Democrats are too seriously dug in, they're just not business friendly.

i have a couple of buddies that have their own rigs

they will not haul anything no matter what

to California just too much of a hassle

they say

i have a couple of buddies that have their own rigs

they will not haul anything no matter what

to California just too much of a hassle

they say

Many of my clients of the past just gave up and sold out, too many new regulations, too much time wasted dealing with them and the stress made them lose heart and health.

Forum List

Back