3 urine pregnancy tests ...

Congratulations!

As for names, I always liked Portia. My wife refused to consider it though.

Nadia is nice too, since you were in Czeck republic at the time.

I've always loved Ester....it means star. The old names are coming back. I've seen a lot of Helen's lately and that was my mother's name. Waiting to see some Edith's, my grandmother's name.

Is the baby a boy or a girl? Or do we know or care?

Got a first ultrasound picture :) Tiny little thingy - it's got a pulse!!! :)

I still remember the double blinky hearts on the monitor when I found out I was expecting twins. Amazing, isn't it? :)

Congrats on your good news. Take good care of that "Tiny Little Thingy".....it's your CHILD. :D

I remember that. The techs started throwing those letters around like I had no idea what they were saying. I wasn't quite sure at that moment whether to laugh or cry. :lol::eek:

And as for names....anything that passes the playground test and doesn't have to be shortened too badly to be yelled at the top of your lungs over and over again for 18 years or so is a good choice. :D

... say I'm pregnant. I found out during our vacation in the Czech Republic. I found out in a hotel in Prague. Had to immediately stop drinking ... shite :tongue: Now I'm really hopeful. Tomorrow, I will go to see the midwife. I guess a bloodtest will be in order and I hope to talk to a doctor about the symptoms I'm having. Wow. This doesn't feel even real. But I'm so psyched ... I also know that I shouldn't be getting my hopes up too high as it's too early in the pregnancy, but ... man, the 'estimated birth date' of my future child would be on my late great-grandma's birthday, plus it would be a kickass birthdate: 3.21.2011 :tongue: How can I not be happy as hell when that is what I've been dreaming of for almost a year now? :)

I'm all giddy and I need to share, so bear with me :redface:

That is awesome! :clap2:

Congrats! And I had to laugh at the comment about the name not having to be shortened too much to be shouted at the top of your lungs. When I had my youngest, I was convinced he was a girl, until the doc pulled him out and said "It's a boy!" I had NO boy names at all. So, I was trying to pick a name, and I sat in my hospital room, randomly shouting names to see how they went together. All my nurses thought I was crazy or something. lol

Pregnancy and kids are both a lot of fun. I'm so happy for you, to finally see your dream come true.

Good Luck and congrats!

ps, I hear "Shogun" makes a killer middle name... just sayin..

I don't recall that we've ever been through a pregnancy with a member....have we?

I love babies! How exciting! My sister is insanely jealous because I already have a granddaughter.

I'm insanely jealous because my granddaughter lives in her house (my son and his family live in the bottom half of th e house. AKA the Basement. But it's a really super nice basement. And they have a pool.)

Got a first ultrasound picture :) Tiny little thingy - it's got a pulse!!! :)

I still remember the double blinky hearts on the monitor when I found out I was expecting twins. Amazing, isn't it? :)

Congrats on your good news. Take good care of that "Tiny Little Thingy".....it's your CHILD. :D

I remember that. The techs started throwing those letters around like I had no idea what they were saying. I wasn't quite sure at that moment whether to laugh or cry. :lol::eek:

And as for names....anything that passes the playground test and doesn't have to be shortened too badly to be yelled at the top of your lungs over and over again for 18 years or so is a good choice. :D

Pretty much a perfect post!

And yeah...loved the letters. My two were born at 32 weeks, one was 4.10 and the other 3.13. We spent sometime in the NICU. :(

Baby A is now 6'3", shy, handsome, intelligent and a sophomore in HS (starting next week)

Baby B is now 5'6, gorgeous, stubborn, headstrong and also a sophomore in HS (starting next week). :) :)

Yes, we have one of each. Perfect way to have your family in one pregnancy. The first year was really tough, but it just gets better and better with the years. It's hard to believe in just 3 school years they'll be heading to college (just as I graduate myself). ;)

I have NO idea what I will do with myself once they leave home. I used to dream of the day when they'd fly the coop--and now time is flying so fast, I hate that I wished away all the wonderful days of their childhood. I want my babies back.

Time to make a little update :)

Everything's going fine. I'm 9 weeks 4 days along now. My symptoms have gotten crazy. I feel nauseous a lot and tired as hell ... I'm pretty much useless during the day and feel like I need multiple naps, which is not always possible, unfortunately. Today I didn't go to work because I started feeling dizzy every time I got up, not to mention the nausea and tiredness ... I read that this week is the worst HCG hormone-wise as the levels are at their highest. I really hope it's going to start getting better soon because I can't lead an active lifestyle like this.

But I'm as excited as ever :) On Monday I'm going to a doctor and maybe I'll get to see my baby again. I can't wait for the next ultrasound!

Yay!

Last edited:

Everything's going fine. I'm 9 weeks 4 days along now. My symptoms have gotten crazy. I feel nauseous a lot and tired as hell ... I'm pretty much useless during the day and feel like I need multiple naps, which is not always possible, unfortunately. Today I didn't go to work because I started feeling dizzy every time I got up, not to mention the nausea and tiredness ... I read that this week is the worst HCG hormone-wise as the levels are at their highest. I really hope it's going to start getting better soon because I can't lead an active lifestyle like this.

But I'm as excited as ever :) On Monday I'm going to a doctor and maybe I'll get to see my baby again. I can't wait for the next ultrasound!

Yay!

Congrats NB. Well wishes for your pregnancy and delivery.

Yay!

لحمد لله :)

The two of you will be included in my supplications.

Yay!

Sounds wonderfully normal to me!

I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear the answer is GOOD.

Yay!

From someone who has 20/20 hindsight...don't let them give you any shots, try not to get any ultrasounds unless they are needed, and when the baby is born, wait until he or she is at least three and then get the vaccines one at a time.

I'll be praying for you and your baby.

Forum List

Back