2nd Federal Execution Occurs

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Wesley Purkey executed after Supreme Court cleared the way for second federal execution since 2003

Wesley Purkey was executed Thursday morning after the Supreme Court cleared the way for the second federal execution since 2003.
Purkey, 68, was originally scheduled to be executed on Wednesday evening, but a flurry of last minute legal filings delayed his death.

Typical criminal, can't just come out and said he did it, talks about the "pain he caused" and whines about his punishment.

Also, the claims about him having dementia after all this time is comical to me, because they stretched out the appeals process on technicalities unrelated to his guilt regarding the crime.

You can't stretch out the process until the guy is an old feeble man and say "you can't execute him because he is old and feeble"

Once again, America displays its Barbarism to the world

Wesley Purkey executed after Supreme Court cleared the way for second federal execution since 2003

Wesley Purkey was executed Thursday morning after the Supreme Court cleared the way for the second federal execution since 2003.
Purkey, 68, was originally scheduled to be executed on Wednesday evening, but a flurry of last minute legal filings delayed his death.

Typical criminal, can't just come out and said he did it, talks about the "pain he caused" and whines about his punishment.

Also, the claims about him having dementia after all this time is comical to me, because they stretched out the appeals process on technicalities unrelated to his guilt regarding the crime.

You can't stretch out the process until the guy is an old feeble man and say "you can't execute him because he is old and feeble"
All the fewer people we will need to let out now for fear of spreading Covid.

Was the 2003 one McVeigh?
Yes...and the first one a few days ago was a white-nationalist who murdered a family in Arkansas is his bid to being his white nation into being! Ironic, eh?
Should have been Chevie Kehoe right next to him

The Justice Department on Tuesday morning put to death convicted killer Daniel Lewis Lee in the first execution of a federal inmate in the United States in 17 years.
Lee was executed by lethal injection at the federal prison facility in Terre Haute, Indiana, following a 5-4 overnight ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that lifted a temporary injunction initially put in place by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. A separate appeal from Lee's attorney following the ruling was also rejected by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, clearing the way for Lee's execution after another short delay.
A former white supremacist, Lee and his accomplice, Chevie Kehoe, were convicted of killing and torturing William Frederick Mueller, Nancy Ann Mueller and their eight-year-old stepdaughter, Sarah Elizabeth Powell, in Tilly, Arkansas, in 1996. While Kehoe was the primary suspect, he was not sentenced to death, and instead is serving life in prison without parole.
"Today, Lee finally faced the justice he deserved," Attorney General William Barr said in a statement following the execution. "The American people have made the considered choice to permit capital punishment for the most egregious federal crimes, and justice was done today in implementing the sentence for Lee’s horrific offenses.”
According to an AP reporter who attended Lee's execution, he was placed on a gurney and when asked if he had any final words, answered, “I didn’t do it. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life but I’m not a murderer.”
Lee’s last words, according to the reporter, were “You’re killing an innocent man."

Forum List

Back