25% Of Millennials Claim They Have PTSD From 2016 Election, Study Says

You better be nice to millennials or they wont change your diaper or fix your little rascal power chair.
If I have to wear a diaper as an adult I'm done. I'll get a shit ton of life insurance, tape $100 dollar bill to my chest and drive my rascal chair to the ghetto.
lmao dude. Look at it a different way, that rascal power chair can be modified. For speed, but wheelies are more important.

They should visit a VA hospital or talk to a child who experienced sexual assault and they will understand what PTSD really is. It's not being disappointed because they didn't get their way. Who in the hell raised these snowflakes?

I've been teaching since the early 90s. And I've told this story a lot but I find, looking back, it's very enlightening.

So long about 2000, I remember reading advice that teachers in my content area should no longer play "getting out" games. I'm talking just simple random, eeney meeny miney moe type games that are based on luck. That children who have been playing games like this for---I don't know, probably since children can talk--could all of the sudden NOT HANDLE being "out", that being out was MEAN. Even if by the end of the game, every child was out save one.

I rejected this advice out of hand. I immediately recognized it for hooey. I had been watching my students handle the momentary disappointment of being "out" for years already and the whiny ones, if they started to cry, would watch their friends look at them like, "What are you doing?" That is GOOD peer pressure.

But other teachers AND PARENTS--believe me--this became the new norm. Any momentary hurt feeling, any tiny disappointment was not to be borne.

Hence, 15 years later....snowflakes.

No wonder there are public cry rooms and random dog and pony shows with balloons

-Geaux
------------------------------

1b8nc8.jpg

A new psychological study from San Francisco State University claims that a full quarter of millennials are suffering from bouts of post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, because of the 2016 elections.

The study is by no means comprehensive - the research pool was limited to 769 students studying psychology at Arizona State University - but of those millennials chosen for the test, 25% reported experiencing “clinically significant” levels of stress, along with other symptoms of PTSD.

Students were evaluated using an “Impact of Event” scale, which measures stress levels at various times following a major traumatic event, typically a tragedy or a personal illness or injury. The results, the Washington Examiner reports, "indicated that students’ average stress score was similar to those of witnesses of a mass shooting seven months after the incident."

when_everyone_gets_a_trophy_11-10-16-1.jpg

25% Of Millennials Claim They Have PTSD From 2016 Election, Study Says
It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

They should visit a VA hospital or talk to a child who experienced sexual assault and they will understand what PTSD really is. It's not being disappointed because they didn't get their way. Who in the hell raised these snowflakes?
The state.

Forum List

Back