2023: The truth about mass shootings and the AR-15

Even with a class three license, you can only own automatic firearms built before 1986.
Your beating a dead horse. Being qualified doesn’t mean any Tom Dick and Harry can buy any firearm they want even if you have the money. . You want posses a machine gun after 1986 ? It gets even harder. Get a dealers license, join the military or police forces or move to Israel.
Bottom line is, not everyone is qualified for ANY FIREARM you want. How is this so hard to understand ?

M-4s are banned. Only automatic weapons built before 1986 are legal under ANY circumstances. No M-4s were built before 1986.
“You can purchase post 1986 machine guns if you are a Class 3 Firearms Dealer. Or, you can build machine guns if you are a Class 2 Firearms Manufacturer.”

How to Become a Firearms Dealer

• Federal Gun and Ammunition Vendor License The ATF lists nine different types of federal licenses and several for dealing in explosives. ...
  • Getting Your License Unless you're applying for a collector's license, you'll have to send in fingerprints and photographs for yourself and any partners you have, the agency says. ...
  • Firearms Dealer: State Licensing ...

Your beating a dead horse. Being qualified doesn’t mean any Tom Dick and Harry can buy any firearm they want even if you have the money. . You want posses a machine gun after 1986 ? It gets even harder. Get a dealers license, join the military or police forces or move to Israel.
Bottom line is, not everyone is qualified for ANY FIREARM you want. How is this so hard to understand ?
Being in the military or police only allows you to carry the firearms the GOVERNMENT provides for you. A cop can no more carry his own fully automatic weapon than joe citizen can. And the military only carries weapons of any kind on duty and even then only what their chain of command allows and often with miniscule amounts of ammo. When I stood guard duty, I was issued FIVE ROUNDS of 5.56mm ammo in a magazine with tape over the mouth so it couldn't be inserted in the magazine well without leaving evidence. Among other things I was guarding a small arms repair and storage facility containing thousands of M-16s, M-60s and M-2s.

Being in the military or police only allows you to carry the firearms the GOVERNMENT provides for you. A cop can no more carry his own fully automatic weapon than joe citizen can. And the military only carries weapons of any kind on duty and even then only what their chain of command allows and often with miniscule amounts of ammo. When I stood guard duty, I was issued FIVE ROUNDS of 5.56mm ammo in a magazine with tape over the mouth so it couldn't be inserted in the magazine well without leaving evidence. Among other things I was guarding a small arms repair and storage facility containing thousands of M-16s, M-60s and M-2s.
Wrong bubba. A cop can and should be able to respond to terrorism and be better armed than the average citizen.
We need the best armed military in the world. Arms that should never be in the hands of the criminals and average citizens.

Wrong bubba. A cop can and should be able to respond to terrorism and be better armed than the average citizen.
We need the best armed military in the world. Arms that should never be in the hands of the criminals and average citizens.
That’s not responding to my post.

That’s not responding to my post.
Most police departments that issue self defense firearms, still make available other more offensive weapons when needed. Like the military, they should be allowed to respond in kind. And...BTW, police seldom carry their issued firearms for self defense when off duty. They idea you civilians should be able to carry what a cop or military does when on duty is ignorant.

Most police departments that issue self defense firearms, still make available other more offensive weapons when needed. Like the military, they should be allowed to respond in kind. And...BTW, police seldom carry their issued firearms for self defense when off duty. They idea you civilians should be able to carry what a cop or military does when on duty is ignorant.
In almost all cases off duty cops are REQUIRED to carry firearms. Most opt to carry something smaller than their duty weapons for comfort and ease of concealment, but the duty weapon is perfectly permissible. In the few departments that don't require off duty cops to carry, they permit it.

A real Military Contract M4 Upper will fit nicely on a 1964 Full Auto AR15 / 601 Legally transferable Lower Receiver . And it would be a legal weapon if you have Class 3 / Tax Stamp ...

AZrailwhale
In almost all cases off duty cops are REQUIRED to carry firearms. Most opt to carry something smaller than their duty weapons for comfort and ease of concealment, but the duty weapon is perfectly permissible. In the few departments that don't require off duty cops to carry, they permit it.
So you agree that even police who carry duty weapons feel the need for ease of carry and concealment far out ways. the need to be armed like police for citizens.

BTW, carrying off duty is a big responsibility as police officers view themselves as law enforcement 24/7….and yet, even they don’t feel the need to carry duty weapons.

Last edited:
In the few departments that don't require off duty cops to carry, they permit it.
Of course they do. They are required to be permitted to carry to whatever extent is necessary in the state they reside. Unless there is reciprocity, they are no more legal across state lines than a civilian. So, it isn’t like they can carry at will. They have to obey carry permitted laws just like they were a civilian.

Unless there is reciprocity, [LEOs] are no more legal across state lines than a civilian.
Federal law says otherwise:

Specifically:
The new Federal law exempts qualified off-duty police officers from the application of
state law. For example, a qualified off-duty officer is allowed to carry a concealed
weapon in a public area but must follow the regulations imposed at federal buildings,
schools, airports, etc

So....
Did you lie, or speak from ignorance?

Don't worry - I don't expect meaningful response.

Federal law says otherwise:

Specifically:
The new Federal law exempts qualified off-duty police officers from the application of
state law. For example, a qualified off-duty officer is allowed to carry a concealed
weapon in a public area but must follow the regulations imposed at federal buildings,
schools, airports, etc

So....
Did you lie, or speak from ignorance?

Don't worry - I don't expect meaningful response.
You didn’t even read you’re own post did you read the exceptions. The officer still has to be qualified as any civilian would IN HIS OWN STATE, before he’s allowed to carry across state lines as an off duty police . ALSO , the state has its own regulations for concealed off duty police. An out of state officer still has to be aware if those restrictions .

You’re under this illiterate idea that any off duty cop can conceal carry anywhere…..but you fail to read the restrictions . It’s a federal mandated reciprocity…

Look at this one too….even though he has freedom in his own state, it’s incomplete in others. It’s exactly as I posted…you just can’t read.

For example..However, private citizens are allowed to prohibit the possession of a concealed firearm on their property. A State can restrict the possession of a concealed weapon on its property (i.e. park, school, building, etc.

You are obviously wrong, again. These restrictions apply to conceal carry for any out of state cop regardless of what is allowed in his own state. Read my post again….

Last edited:
So there you you go….you can have an M4, even though it’s so called banned.
It’s banned to have a Military Grade FA complete M4 ( not a 40-60 year old FA Lower Receiver That is Legally transferable upgraded with Parts ( M4 Upper Receiver )

Mass shootings as defined by:
Mass Shootings in 2023 | Gun Violence Archive
Supplemental / detailed information from:
US mass shootings, 1982–2023: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Total mass shootings: 651
Total killed, mass shootings: 706
Average killed per mass shooting: 1.08

% mass shootings with 0 people killed: 43.78
% mass shootings with 3 or fewer killed: 93.54

AR15s:
Total shootings: 6
Total killed: 42
% of total mass shooting incidents: 0.921
% of total killed in mass shootings: 5.94

Summary:
Of the more than 20,000,000 AR15s in the US; 6 were used in mass shootings to kill 42 people

Conclusion:
It is impossible to soundly demonstrate the necessity for, and the efficacy of, a ban on the AR15.
Never mind the constitutionality.
It would be just regulating the AR15 gunaholic. It would be regulating all firearms. Of which, there are 48,000 plus firearm deaths each year, and the second leading cause of death for kids.

It would be just regulating AR15 gunaholic. It would be regulating all firearms. Of which, there are 48,000 plus each year, and the leading cause of death for kids.
Fentanyl kills more Americans than non Accident / Non Suicide Firearms Deaths

Forum List

Back