2020 In Memoriam

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
In Memoriam: Country Music’s Fallen Greats of 2020

As bad as 2020 has been for just about everything, believe it or not, country music got it worse than just about every other segment of music, entertainment, sports, etc. when it came to both the amount, and the major names that passed away in the last 12 months. From major superstars like Kenny Rogers and Charley Pride, to songwriters like John Prine, to a massive list of musicians and side players, and members of the greater country music family, 2020 was nothing short of merciless.

Especially hit hard was the Texas music scene. Appreciate that in the span of one month, Mac Davis, Jerry Jeff Walker, Billy Joe Shaver, and Johnny Bush all died. Then the next month, Doug Supernaw and Hal Ketchum died. And let’s not forget James Hand, or that Kenny Rogers was born in Houston, and how Charley Pride called Dallas home.

Even more than most years, it helps to sit back and reflect on who we lost, to be thankful for their contributions, and cherish the country music greats we still have around. Major portions of an entire generation of country stars passed away in 2020, and it’s up to us to carry their legacy and music forward.

Below find a list of the country music greats who passed away in 2020 arranged by date.

Yanno.....................I watched the "In Memoriam" segment on the news the other day, and there were more famous people lost in this year alone than any other I've seen.

Yes, we lost a lot of good people this year, some from natural causes, some from accidents, and some from the virus.

I'm gonna miss them all. Especially Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island.

Forum List

Back