$20/Oil?

Yeah ... and only those on the inside can get rich, eh:
"A frugal former gas station attendant and janitor who died last year surprised his hometown after leaving the bulk of an $8 million fortune to his local library and hospital.

Residents of Brattleboro, Vermont, only discovered Ronald Read's secret last week after the town facilities received the bulk of his estate, built up over the years with savvy stock picks."

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBJSBGOtxU11wAyYTQtDMD/RV=2/RE=1423747783/RO=10/RU=http://feeds.nbcnews.com/c/35002/f/663306/s/431cd051/sc/1/l/0L0Snbcnews0N0Cnews0Cus0Enews0Cvermont0Eex0Ejanitor0Ebequeaths0Esecret0Emillions0Elibrary0Ehospital0En30A1396/story01.htm/RK=0/RS=TlvnshwRQykqP_9KoLACAvLjgTY-

I never wrote 'inside', I wrote positioned correctly.

Stop parsing words. You wrote: "the game is fixed," yet a janitor managed to amass an $8,000,000 nest egg by astutely investing in OTHER PEOPLE'S COMPANIES. That's money he made from the sweat of other people's labor and that is the real beauty of capitalism.

" If you expect a rally in oil prices, now is the time to buy oil companies

Where do you think the price of oil is headed?

There's quite a difference of opinion among investors, analysts and pundits. On Monday, Citigroup analyst Edward Morse said the recent rally for oil looked more like a "head-fake than a sustainable turning point," and said oil could drop to as low as $20 a barrel before it turns around. "
UPDATE 10 cheap energy stocks that could soar up to 202

Eventually of course oil only goes up as global supplies tap out, so the real question is when to buy, when to short, and when to dive for cover. :)

Here's the thing ... some oil companies are diversified enough to cushion the blow. Buy into those that are and that pay strong dividends and you'll do fine. While profits from their extraction units will suffer they will still make as much (or more) from refining and transport and the real beauty is we all will "make money" - even those without the stomach for gaming the market - from lower fossil fuel prices when we buy them. I'll be the guy at the gas pump ... smiling.
:beer:

Yeah, I already said you're full of shit.

Quit wasting my time. I have more important things to do than discuss this stuff with a moron.

Says the guy who lied about owning a million in gold. LOL!

Get back to cleaning the floors with yer Hoover.
The office needs to look good in the morning.
Don't forget to mop the bathroom.

I did. I just said above that I moved it to oil. What drug are you on. I want some.

No you didn't.

YES I DID!!!!!! Go fucking read. You horny little shit. I'm fucking done. You are queering me out.

Yes, I read your old lie about gold and your new lie about oil.
So what?

There's quite a difference of opinion among investors, analysts and pundits. On Monday, Citigroup analyst Edward Morse said the recent rally for oil looked more like a "head-fake than a sustainable turning point," and said oil could drop to as low as $20 a barrel before it turns around. "

Eventually of course oil only goes up as global supplies tap out, so the real question is when to buy, when to short, and when to dive for cover. :)

Global supplies of oil are huge, have been for many decades. An adjustment has occurred and won't be going up anytime soon. Oil companies are attempting to gain through manipulation of the market but it isn't working. Hopefully Obama will executive order to keep it that way.

Oil Prices Drop as U.S. Supplies Rise to Fresh Record - WSJ

Global supplies of oil are huge, have been for many decades. An adjustment has occurred and won't be going up anytime soon. Oil companies are attempting to gain through manipulation of the market but it isn't working. Hopefully Obama will executive order to keep it that way.

Oil Prices Drop as U.S. Supplies Rise to Fresh Record - WSJ

Hopefully Obama will executive order to keep it that way.

What executive order are you hoping for?

I find threads like this confusing. Is there anybody on this thread who knows diddly about the energy market? Unless there is and that person knows what to do with the information what difference does it make in how the person should trade or invest whether oil/gold is X or 30X?

So he writes an executive order, they laugh and ignore him.

The people that work at the pleasure of the President are going to laugh and ignore him?

A better idea is for commodities traders to take delivery of their commodity which is what the market is about. Worked well for SWA.

So he writes an executive order, they laugh and ignore him.

The people that work at the pleasure of the President are going to laugh and ignore him?

A better idea is for commodities traders to take delivery of their commodity which is what the market is about. Worked well for SWA.

The people who trade oil and gas are going to laugh and ignore him.

A better idea is for commodities traders to take delivery of their commodity which is what the market is about.

Yeah, much wider spreads and illiquid markets would be awesome.

Worked well for SWA

Really? Explain further.

A better idea is for commodities traders to take delivery of their commodity which is what the market is about.

Worked well for SWA

Really? Explain further.

If the feds nixed oil and gas trading on commodities, where would they trade?

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, America's largest discount carrier (and its second-largest domestic airline in market share, just behind Delta Air Lines) has long been a subject of interest for business travellers. What's the secret to the carrier's continued success? Last July, The Economist speculated that Southwest's secret is that its "staff... affect a madcap jollity reminiscent of British holiday camps in the 1970s."

That's part of the story. But Southwest is also innovative and nimble, and willing to go against the grain. As the print paper noted last year, Southwest doesn't charge baggage fees. The airline was an early adopter of jet fuel price-hedging. And, as Seth Stevenson argues convincingly in Slate, Southwest's commitment to a single type of plane—the Boeing 737—has played a big part in its success.

Southwest Airlines The secrets of Southwest s continued success The Economist

If oil went to $20 a barrel - what happens to the OPEC nations whose main source of wealth is from oil? Anyone?

Worked well for SWA

Really? Explain further.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, America's largest discount carrier (and its second-largest domestic airline in market share, just behind Delta Air Lines) has long been a subject of interest for business travellers. What's the secret to the carrier's continued success? Last July, The Economist speculated that Southwest's secret is that its "staff... affect a madcap jollity reminiscent of British holiday camps in the 1970s."

That's part of the story. But Southwest is also innovative and nimble, and willing to go against the grain. As the print paper noted last year, Southwest doesn't charge baggage fees. The airline was an early adopter of jet fuel price-hedging. And, as Seth Stevenson argues convincingly in Slate, Southwest's commitment to a single type of plane—the Boeing 737—has played a big part in its success.

Southwest Airlines The secrets of Southwest s continued success The Economist

Obama can't nix anything with an EO.

The airline was an early adopter of jet fuel price-hedging.

Excellent, I'm glad I could help you see the error in your claim.

I take it you have the data on how much of the ghost tanker fleets are still available to act as warehouses in the futures market? You do realize that those warehouse receipts acting as collateral in the futures market will eventually run out of either useful idiots to cover the contracts or useful tankers to continue to prop up the spot market?

I care. How dya think I"m on here for hours at a time. Work 8 hours a day? Ya maybe if you're stupid and not invested. :)

I'm not going to invest in a market that it a ticking time bomb just like it was prior to 2008. You know how quickly people lost everything? Hours. I have million in Gold and in a huge bank of reserves.
The same gold that was at $1,700 last year and now is at $1,200?? You don't have million anymore, do you? Anyone that puts their monies on precious metals is nuts. 5-10% max of one's portfolio is for precious metals. Please answer this- How has the stock market been doing since 2009? You have lost out on a stupendous surge that have padded the stock investors portfolios like a 10 pound ball in a 5 pound bag-bursting at the seems and still going strong

Guy on CNBC yesterday mentioned the possibility. Was just a guest but still.
It is anyone's guess but the vast majority has it holding between 45-55 for the next 1-3 years. If it holds for three years we will get our noses a little bent but that is a sustainable price. Halliburton, FMC, Baker Hughes, Cameron, Schlumberger and others in the industry are starting workforce reductions.

Forum List

Back