$20,000,000,000,000.00 Decit...What is Hillary's Plan to REDUCE it?

I get a kick out of what people do not understand about trade. For example. I buy Gentleman Jack, which is a single barrel bourbon made by Jack Daniels in Kentucky. However, the federal government taxes it so much, that I buy it in Mexico, 35 miles from my house, for 25% less, and am allowed to bring it back across the border, one liter at a time, at Mexico's price.

It is even more bizarre that the Jack Daniels distillery is located in a dry county in Kentucky, and the people who live there can't buy it at all!

My brother wanted to buy a Mercedes Benz back in the 1960's, but the tariff from Germany for a new one was hundreds of dollars. So, when a friend of his went to Europe, he bought a new one and drove it all summer. That made it a used car, with no tariff, so he shipped it to my brother who bought it from him without having to pay a tariff.

I have all my dental work done in Mexico for 60% of what it costs in AZ.

But Trump is going to wave his magic comb, and all that will change.....

I get a kick out of what people do not understand about trade. For example. I buy Gentleman Jack, which is a single barrel bourbon made by Jack Daniels in Kentucky. However, the federal government taxes it so much, that I buy it in Mexico, 35 miles from my house, for 25% less, and am allowed to bring it back across the border, one liter at a time, at Mexico's price.

It is even more bizarre that the Jack Daniels distillery is located in a dry county in Kentucky, and the people who live there can't buy it at all!

My brother wanted to buy a Mercedes Benz back in the 1960's, but the tariff from Germany for a new one was hundreds of dollars. So, when a friend of his went to Europe, he bought a new one and drove it all summer. That made it a used car, with no tariff, so he shipped it to my brother who bought it from him without having to pay a tariff.

I'm so glad I'm supporting people on welfare so you can save a little bit of money.
No one's saying you don't have a point but we have lots of taxes supporting lots of businesses that use Trespassers and a Tariff should be based on Comparative Advantage.

I'm so glad I'm supporting people on welfare so you can save a little bit of money.
No one's saying you don't have a point but we have lots of taxes supporting lots of businesses that use Trespassers and a Tariff should be based on Comparative Advantage.

I wouldn't know about that. I'm smart, so I don't pay taxes. I heard that from somebody recently, but I don't remember who. Nevertheless, it is true. I'm retired.

I wouldn't know about that. I'm smart, so I don't pay taxes. I heard that from somebody recently, but I don't remember who. nevertheless, it is true. I'm retired.
Good for you.
But are YOU smart or is your ACCOUNTANT smart?
Or are you smart for USING an accountant?

I wouldn't know about that. I'm smart, so I don't pay taxes. I heard that from somebody recently, but I don't remember who. nevertheless, it is true. I'm retired.
Good for you.

I don't have an accountant. I am a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC). People like Trump paid me to make sure that they don't pay taxes.

Good for you.

I don't have an accountant. I am a Chartered financial Consultant (ChFC). People like Trump paid me to make sure that they don't pay taxes.
Good for you!

Hillary Clinton on the issues

All tried and failed.
No tariffs to diminish the profits gained by leaving America.
Job training but not forcing companies in any way whatever to hire Americans.
Raising taxes on the rich...so they'll leave the US even sooner.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.
The deficit isn't 20 trillion. The debt is.

Facts. Doy!

I stand corrected.
It's been a LOOOOOOOOOONG day.
Now please explain how Hillary's plan will reduce or eliminate it.

The National Debt or the Deficit? They are related but aren't the same thing. The debt will not go down for one very big reason. The reason is that it would shrink the economy which would cause the economy to shrink which would in turn cause the economy to shrink and then that would cause the economy to shrink. Stopping a force like that is almost impossible. Stabilizing the currency is paramount. It is an insane balancing act. Going too far the other way causes hyperinflation. When you have hyperinflation then that causes the currency to lose even more value which in turn causes the currency to lose even more value. A dollar that is too strong is way more destructive than a dollar that is too weak. Deficit spending prevents the dollar from becoming too strong. Deficit spending also increases the national debt. It builds upon previous deficits over the last 239 years.

It's a lot more complicated then the way I put it but increasing the debt a little bit each year is preferable to keeping the debt constant or reducing it. This isn't a state government, a local government, a business or a household. The federal government's fiscal activity impacts the value of the currency. It is nothing to experiment with. Stick with what works and avoid the thinks that didn't work. Small steady increases in the national debt are necessary for stabilizing a national economy. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are both smart enough to understand this. Neither of them are irresponsible enough to try to reduce the national debt. The ultra conservatives out there that think we should reduce the national debt never run for office. Even the ones who firmly advocate reducing the national debt know that reducing the national debt is complete lunacy. That's why these people never run for office. They just join watch dog groups or make angry blogs. No legitimate politician will ever pursue reducing or eliminating the national debt. Sorry! Every single human being that participates in politics knows that it doesn't work. This includes the people who advocate it.

Us ChFC's love to work for people like Trump! Our hero was a guy in Germany who made Adolf Hitler rich. He came up with the idea (after hitler became a dictator) to have him put his likeness on every postage stamp in Germany, and then required the post office to pay him a royalty for using his image. Requiring every married couple be given a copy of his book at the marriage ceremony, by the state, was pretty smart, too. That is the sort of thing that Trump would have loved! Didn't work out too well for Martin Bormann in the end, though...

Hillary's plan has been scored by Independent think tanks, and over 10 years, will add $200 billion to the national debt. Trump's plan over 10 years will add $10 Trillion MORE to the National debt, making it $30 Trillion....

If you take the National Debt seriously, then you would HAVE to support Hillary and Hillary's plan, over the Donald's plan which ADDS nearly $10 Trillion more to the National Debt than her plan.

Have you ever considered that Trump's plan expresses an extreme view so that it leaves a massive amount of room for negotiation?

For example when you go to buy a car the Car Dealership has a ridiculous price on the windshield. They know that nobody will pay that much for the car. It's just a tool to start the conversation. Then you come back with a ridiculous counter offer that you know they won't accept. Eventually the two of you work out a deal that is good for both of you but also bad for both of you. They didn't sell the $12,000 car to you for $18,000 but you didn't get the $12,000 car for $7,000 either. Trump's plan are deliberately unrealistic. He is leaving room to make a deal.

Last night the Republican candidate wore a blue tie which is a Democratic color. The Democratic candidate wore a red dress which is a Republican color. Both of them are ready to wheel and deal. Trump doesn't really want to implement tariffs. He has already started the negotiation. Even if he does implement tariffs they will be short lived. The offending nation would comply with our demands within a short period of time. Trump talks in extremes because that gets people's attention. That is deliberate. He does that on purpose.

You imply that trump will drop the debt.

How? By more military spending? By building giant walls? By lowering taxes on corporations ? By throwing all illegals into jail?
Employment generates taxes.

Really? So trump will cut taxes and then generate super jobs that will not only make up for big biz tax cuts, they will surpass all his extra spending and lower the debt!!!!

Are you that stupid .

Some people are.

All tried and failed.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.
The debt is far too large to be ever paid off, this country is been in debt more than It can pay back for over 100 years..
us-federal-debt-by-president-political-party.jpg

Eh...

What if I told you that both Donald and Clinton are going to butcher the economy even further? You are pretty much having a debate on who is going to fuck you over the global economy the least.

Let's chose the one that will do it least. Please!

All tried and failed.

Facts. Doy!

I stand corrected.

The National Debt or the Deficit? They are related but aren't the same thing. The debt will not go down for one very big reason. The reason is that it would shrink the economy which would cause the economy to shrink which would in turn cause the economy to shrink and then that would cause the economy to shrink. Stopping a force like that is almost impossible. Stabilizing the currency is paramount. It is an insane balancing act. Going too far the other way causes hyperinflation. When you have hyperinflation then that causes the currency to lose even more value which in turn causes the currency to lose even more value. A dollar that is too strong is way more destructive than a dollar that is too weak. Deficit spending prevents the dollar from becoming too strong. Deficit spending also increases the national debt. It builds upon previous deficits over the last 239 years.

It's a lot more complicated then the way I put it but increasing the debt a little bit each year is preferable to keeping the debt constant or reducing it. This isn't a state government, a local government, a business or a household. The federal government's fiscal activity impacts the value of the currency. It is nothing to experiment with. Stick with what works and avoid the thinks that didn't work. Small steady increases in the national debt are necessary for stabilizing a national economy. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are both smart enough to understand this. Neither of them are irresponsible enough to try to reduce the national debt. The ultra conservatives out there that think we should reduce the national debt never run for office. Even the ones who firmly advocate reducing the national debt know that reducing the national debt is complete lunacy. That's why these people never run for office. They just join watch dog groups or make angry blogs. No legitimate politician will ever pursue reducing or eliminating the national debt. Sorry! Every single human being that participates in politics knows that it doesn't work. This includes the people who advocate it.

I may be wrong but I'm not concerned about inflation because the cost of living is already too high for those earning 20K/year or less.
So you are of the professional opinion that our debt is of no real concern.

I only know of one nation that has totally rejected globalization, and insists on no significant trade deals with anyone. I'll give you a hint. It is located north of South Korea.

Taxing fermented beverages to such an extent is stupid.

All tried and failed.

Facts. Doy!

I stand corrected.

I may be wrong but I'm not concerned about inflation because the cost of living is already too high for those earning 20K/year or less.
So you are of the professional opinion that our debt is of no real concern.

Yep.

Forum List

Back