2 Studies: Marijuana raises risk of heart attack, heart failure and stroke by up to a THIRD

My point is that I have never seen where pot was linked to cancer.
You can argue my snarky comment about Willie if you like.
But, you not addressing the link between pot and cancer didn't go unnoticed. :smoke:
It’s most telling that most people don’t know marijuana is linked to cancer. They want people dumb and medicated to keep them in control.

Leftard California:
1699375617393.png

Water consumption kills too.

Doesn’t change the fact Marijuana causes cancer, schizophrenia, and heart failure.
ok so what?.....what can we eat or use these days that dont seem to come with a warning notice?...do you see all the maybe side effects that legal prescription drugs come with?...some are worse than the condition you are taking the drug for............

Plus pot is a carcinogen.
There’s reasons users want to call it a drug but avoid the drug approval process.

Using marijuana regularly is ‘strongly’ linked to heart failure and stroke, two major studies suggest.

One paper that tracked 160,000 adults over 54 years old for four years found those who smoked marijuana daily had a 34 percent higher risk of heart failure.

And in a second, researchers found hospitalized people over 65 years old who had used marijuana — but not cigarettes — were 20 percent more likely to suffer a major heart event or stroke.

In case they question your source, here is another one:

I have a family member addicted to chain smoking cannabis and who has never smoked tobacco. She is still in her 50's but has developed COPD, has scarring on her lungs and observable cognitive impairment.

As more and more states legalize cannabis for recreational use I suspect we will see more of this kind of damage. Is smoking cannabis less likely to cause irreversible harm to the body than tobacco? I don't know. I think the studies show cannabis to be less addictive than tobacco but it definitely can be addictive. But for sure we cannot say it is harmless and it certainly isn't healthy. And unlike tobacco, cannabis can impair judgment, reaction time, coordination, ability to concentrate or focus.

Note: A direct link between marijuana use and lung cancer has been elusive. But there is a direct link between marijuana use and lung scarring. And scarring of the lungs is definitely linked to a higher risk of developing lung cancer.

Last edited:
California says there is.
And hardly a source to attack as being anti drug use.
I looked at the Mayo Clinic study, they say there needs to be a long term study.
I am not really arguing the point of it being bad, just that there hasn't been a definitive
link to it.
Sorry, I just can't take the state of Ca. word on anything....they are just too political.

In case they question your source, here is another one:

I have a family member addicted to chain smoking cannabis and who has never smoked tobacco. She is still in her 50's but has developed COPD, has scarring on her lungs and observable cognitive impairment.

As more and more states legalize cannabis for recreational use I suspect we will see more of this kind of damage. Is smoking cannabis less likely to cause irreversible harm to the body than tobacco? I don't know. I think the studies show cannabis to be less addictive than tobacco but it definitely can be addictive. But for sure we cannot say it is harmless and it certainly isn't healthy. And unlike tobacco, cannabis can impair judgment, reaction time, coordination, ability to concentrate or focus.

Note: A direct link between marijuana use and lung cancer has been elusive. But there is a direct link between marijuana use and lung scarring. And scarring of the lungs is definitely linked to a higher risk of developing lung cancer.
nicotine is way more addicting than pot.....

I looked at the Mayo Clinic study, they say there needs to be a long term study.
I am not really arguing the point of it being bad, just that there hasn't been a definitive
link to it.
Sorry, I just can't take the state of Ca. word on anything....they are just too political.

It is such a simple thing, if you are worried about the risk of pot use, don't use it.

Just do not force your views on everyone else

are you not one who used to live in Cal and then moved out?.....if you are that person you never had anything good to say about it,why would you now listen to their over bearing EPA?....
Most respected medical sources say a link between cannabis smoking and lung cancer has been elusive. But Weatherman2020 cites a scientific study that happened to be conducted in California that concluded that cannabis smoking increases the risks for lung cancer. It was a fairly small study and therefore should not be regarded as conclusive, but neither should it be dismissed out of hand.

It is such a simple thing, if you are worried about the risk of pot use, don't use it.

Just do not force your views on everyone else
I don't use it.
I am neutral, if someone wants to use it, feel free.

I quit years ago, I just had never heard that there was a link to cancer.
I would think that there would be enough time to have linked the two
if there was a one.

I don't use it.
I am neutral, if someone wants to use it, feel free.

I quit years ago, I just had never heard that there was a link to cancer.
I would think that there would be enough time to have linked the two
if there was a one.

Seems there is very little in our world these days that is not linked to cancer

Back in the early 20th century when factory made cigarettes became popular they actually managed to promote the lie that cigarettes are healthy and good for you. We laughed at that lie for the better part of 100 years. I guess what goes around comes around because here we are in the 21st century and the lie is back. They tell us that smoking the nefarious weed is good for you and pot heads actually believe it. Cheech and Chong isn't a comedy, it's a documentary.

Most respected medical sources say a link between cannabis smoking and lung cancer has been elusive. But Weatherman2020 cites a scientific study that happened to be conducted in California that concluded that cannabis smoking increases the risks for lung cancer. It was a fairly small study and therefore should not be regarded as conclusive, but neither should it be dismissed out of hand.

Yep. Simple fix...eat a gummy and don't smoke it.

the California EPA says a lot of shit.....

Forum List

Back