2 Huge Underwater Cities Found in India

I suspect you will find the cities are submerged due to the subsidence of land, not the rise of oceans.

But it's fun to make Asshats out of the AGW cult on here with pictures undunderwater cities..and they don't even know what I really am taking about. :)

I suspect you will find the cities are submerged due to the subsidence of land, not the rise of oceans.

And if we look deep enough we will probably find those cities were the inspiration for the first 3 laws of real estate.

Perhaps because you yourself do not know.

First, it is as likely that the cities are where they are at because of tectonic forces. Second, even if it is due to sea level rise, then that is due to Milankovic Cycles, not AGW. Our primary influence for the first few thousand years of civilization was deforestration, not GHGs. And that influence was locally strong enough to end some civilizations, such as the Mayan.

First, it is as likely that the cities are where they are at because of tectonic forces. Second, even if it is due to sea level rise, then that is due to Milankovic Cycles, not AGW. Our primary influence for the first few thousand years of civilization was deforestration, not GHGs. And that influence was locally strong enough to end some civilizations, such as the Mayan.

Huh ,Milankovic Cycles Ended the Mayan?.. Give me a link no way that is a dumb theory

There is another grid shaped city too in India that is reported high up in the Himalayas. That one is also said to be the dwelling place of a god. What happened to that one is that it exploded in a nuclear blast some 10000 years ago. The theory says that the same aliens built that too as the ones that built the pyramids in Egypt, and used it for some microwave energy transfer or some other charging station. The attracted lots of humans, because they provided floor heating, public water, separate sewage, and general modern comfort.

Frankie boi, what the fuck do most of your posts have to do with anything?

If the dating is correct, then this does push the earliest cities back to not long after we were emerging from the Younger Dryas. That would also push back the date for intensive farming, as it would take that to support such cities. Don't have time right now to look at the rise and fall of the land in the area of those ruins. That could be a factor in their submergence.

So how does China's commitment to renewables factor into this submerged city?

Sounds like I was right about that 3 mm/yr rise for the past 6000 years after all.

My God.....you read through some of the posts in this thread and you really do start to realize that some people around us a indeed human racists.:bye1: The fascinating question is........how the hell does one get there?:disbelief:

Huh ,Milankovic Cycles Ended the Mayan?.. Give me a link no way that is a dumb theory
No, deforestration. Try to read with comprehension.
Why Did the Mayan Civilization Collapse? A New Study Points to Deforestation and Climate Change
A severe drought, exacerbated by widespread logging, appears to have triggered the mysterious Mayan demise

Read more: Why Did the Mayan Civilization Collapse? A New Study Points to Deforestation and Climate Change | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Yeah... yeah... sure you were.
How else do you explain it?
Well, first we have to determine what there is to explain. When the dating is pinned down for sure, then is the time to work on explanations. And one would have to get with the Indian Geological Society and see if they have records of tectonic movement in that area.

Yeah... yeah... sure you were.
How else do you explain it?
Well, first we have to determine what there is to explain. When the dating is pinned down for sure, then is the time to work on explanations. And one would have to get with the Indian Geological Society and see if they have records of tectonic movement in that area.
I see. Have you done that? Because until you do, I think the simplest answer is that we don't know diddly squat about sea level rise. Jut like we don't know diddly squat about the global average annual temperature for the entire planet.

Geography[edit]
The Gulf of Khambhat was formed by a major rift that resulted in a down sliding of the Khambhat region. The area is very tectonically active today, and several faults can be found in the gulf. Periodic earthquakes also occur here.[5] This knowledge has led several archeologists to state that the site is not in a secure enough context to be reliably dated. Because of the tectonic activity and strong currents, these archeologists claim that there is not sufficient stratification to be sure the recovered artifacts can be associated with the site.[2][6]

Marine archeology in the Gulf of Khambhat - Wikipedia

OK, this for now.

Noticed the date of the article...

... Saturday, 19 January, 2002...

... any update since then?
Gulf of Cambay: Cradle of Ancient Civilization
In the southern township or palaeochannel area six samples suitable for dating were identified. Of these 3 are carbonized wooden samples, one was a sediment sample, one was a fired pottery piece and one was a hearth material. Sample from the same carbonized wood was sent to National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad, India and Geowissenschaftlicte Gemeinschaftsaulguben, Hannover, Germany for Carbon dating. This was the first sample (Location 21o 03.08’ N; 72 o30.83 E) from near the southern palaeochannel. This first gave a clue to the age and environment of the civilization. The calibrated age as per NGRI was 9580-9190 BP and as per Hannover Institute it was 9545-9490 BP. It means the age is about 9500 BP and this takes the age by more than 4000 years older than the oldest city civilization of Mesopotomia and a forerunner to ‘Harappan’ civilization. But this occurred near the top of the stratigraphic column. Because of this it was expected that at the lower levels the age would be much older and make the civilization really an ancient one. The wooden piece tested at Birpal Sani Institute at Lucknow, U.P. state gave a calibrated age of 8450 BP.

Forum List

Back