$2 Billion more to Ukraine. Thank goodness we are doing so well here that we can give away billions.

Yes it was. He gave the world and Ukraine every opportunity to back away from the desire to make Ukraine a member of NATO.

Too late. We had already agreed.

We shouldn't give them money.
Putin claimed he was "taking out the Nazis" -- then he claimed that Russia had some sacred right to Ukraine and that Ukraine didnt' even exist...but if you want to cape up for Putin to seem edgy, have at it...

And no, we are not at war with Russia.....if at the end of the whole Iraq debacle, all that was lost was some money, and not American lives coupled with lifelong suffering and trauma from surviving solidiers and families, I will take that over ACTUALLY GOING TO WAR with a country...all day long...

If Biden stopped giving money to Israel tomorrow -- the same folks you are caping up for now over Ukraine -- do you think that will be standing with you in support of Biden doing it.....nope...

I deal with what is reality, not fantasy world......and fantasy world is thinking we will magically stop giving money to Israel...ever...

In the early 1960's Russia was in the process of putting nuclear missiles on the island country of Cuba which is located just 90 miles from the U.S. border.
We almost went to nuclear war with Russia over the situation. ... :cool:
That's half the story and many Americans don't know the other half in which America caused the problem and Kruachev defused it. The truth is a bitter pill for Americans to swallow.

So you're already there on understanding that it's a proxy war between America and Russia. You just contend that it's Russia trying to rebuild the Soviet Union.

That's a step forward from accepting the lie that it's Ukraine's war, etc., blah, blah.
Putin has been obsessed with restoring the glory of the Soviet Union his entire life. Do you read at all or do you just make knee jerk Liberal responses?

Putin knows his days on the Earth are numbered. He sized up Biden and decided it's now or never. NATO memberships had nothing to do with Putin going all in on his mad ambition to restore the former Soviet Union.
You're safely 'with' Biden on the question of being prowar. I wonder if that's the position of the Trump supporting right?

Putin has been obsessed with restoring the glory of the Soviet Union his entire life. Do you read at all or do you just make knee jerk Liberal responses?
I reject the notion that Putin was or is trying to restore the S.U.

And I cease to discuss anything with people who resort to flinging insults.

I reject the notion that Putin was or is trying to restore the S.U.

And I cease to discuss anything with people who resort to flinging insults.
But he is....always wanted to......the problem was, could he......Putin is the one who said the greatest tragedy in the last 100 years of world history was the collapse of the Soviet Union....

So he had to settle for reclaiming Crimea, Odessa, etc......he would like to be able to reclaim a lot more than that.....

Then you have the internal problems that almost half the country has no desire to restore the Soviet Union...but they may change their mind if they are being told that all of the neighboring countries are out to get them...

......Putin is the one who said the greatest tragedy in the last 100 years of world history was the collapse of the Soviet Union....
I'll give you that, but none of the rest.
Any notion that Russia would take on the US/Nato is quite ridiculous!l

And of course my position is that America has consistently been the aggressor ever since the end of WW2, when the spoils of war were divided between the victor nations.

What I'm trying to understand is how the president can just wave his hand and give billions of our tax dollars to a foreign nation without Congressional legislation.
The money was already approved by Congress. Biden decides how it is allocated. There is $2.8 billion of "untapped drawdown authority" which has not yet been allocated until now.

Biden has to spend it before the end of the fiscal year, October 1.

Maybe he'll hold it up until Zelensky gives him dirt on Trump...

Putin knows his days on the Earth are numbered. He sized up Biden and decided it's now or never. NATO memberships had nothing to do with Putin going all in on his mad ambition to restore the former Soviet Union.

It's none of our business.

Putin claimed he was "taking out the Nazis" -- then he claimed that Russia had some sacred right to Ukraine and that Ukraine didnt' even exist...but if you want to cape up for Putin to seem edgy, have at it...

And no, we are not at war with Russia.....if at the end of the whole Iraq debacle, all that was lost was some money, and not American lives coupled with lifelong suffering and trauma from surviving solidiers and families, I will take that over ACTUALLY GOING TO WAR with a country...all day long...

If Biden stopped giving money to Israel tomorrow -- the same folks you are caping up for now over Ukraine -- do you think that will be standing with you in support of Biden doing it.....nope...

I deal with what is reality, not fantasy world......and fantasy world is thinking we will magically stop giving money to Israel...ever...

You can argue that Putin would have invaded anyway but the fact is, whether or not he would have the world failed to live up to it's earlier agreements and gave him the perfect opportunity to invade. We would have done the same.

Forum List

Back