1990’s Was the Pinnacle of Civilization. Change My Mind

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Decades long Cold War was over, nuclear WW3 was no longer a top concern.

Economy was doing well in the post Reagan/Thatcher world.

The government at least appeared to care for citizens.

You could still buy muscle cars at a reasonable price.

Internet was not there destroying lives.

Your family could say goodbye to you at the airport gate.

All 50 States had electricity.

You could watch a Disney movie and know it was family oriented.

You could go to Disneyland and not be thinking about a terrorist attack.

Least we forget 80’s rock is still the best. I’ve been blessed to travel the world. Everybody still plays it.

Last edited:
Yea we kind of peaked in the 90s.
It started going downhill under Clinton.
Then Obama started politicizing federal government.
Biden has started arresting the dissenters.
Biden saying that the Republicans are a threat to "democracy" is incalculable irony.

I've always considered the mid-60s to be America's peak.
but by the 90's racial integration was happening more naturally among the younger generation. Democrats have worked hard ever since to turn it around, pointing out that little white boys are racist and can't naturally coexist with others. The prospect of a harmonious America was a growing threat to them and probably terrifying to their power structure during the 90's... if I think of MAGA, I think of yeah, lets just go back to the 90's and move forward from there.

Decades long Cold War was over, nuclear WW3 was no longer a top concern.

Economy was doing well in the post Reagan/Thatcher world.

The government at least appeared to care for citizens.

You could still buy muscle cars at a reasonable price.

Internet was not there destroying lives.

Your family could say goodbye to you at the airport gate.

All 50 States had electricity.

You could watch a Disney movie and know it was family oriented.

You could go to Disneyland and not be thinking about a terrorist attack.

Least we forget 80’s rock is still the best. I’ve been blessed to travel the world. Everybody still plays it.
Ha
I saw Def Lep and Monley Crue last nite

every single Seinfeld episode (from the show's peak years) had higher ratings than the finale of Game Of Thrones

so i agree with the title, the 90's DOMINATES the present day

“Starved for affection, terrified of abandonment, I began to wonder if sex was really just an excuse to look deeply into another human being's eyes.” -Douglas Copeland, Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture (1990's book)

I once bought a used copy of Generation X by Douglas Copeland and found this inside

Fb2YaeUaUAAYbVy

The 1960's were our peak with actual foundation. We built things because we dared to. The government than started its mass size increase and interference with people. Our economy slowed after the go go 1960's and growth has been on average low since then. The peak spending by citizens was in the 1990's as the baby boomer started to slow down early in the 21st Century as they started to show concern for their retirement.

Forum List

Back