19-year-old facing black woman facing life in prison for murdering her sex trafficker, was freed from a Wisconsin jail after 2 years awaiting trial

Our law does not recognize a right to retribution murder. Simple as that. Understand that the time kept is totally inconsistent with a right to a speedy trial to be judged by a jury of her peers. But, make no mistake, murder in retribution and grand theft are just as illegal as what was done to her by her victim. Not something you will easily walk away from.

I recall the case many years ago where a man ambushed the man who had molested his son. The man was in custody and was being led through the airport. The father stepped out and shot the man. All planned.

He didn't go to prison. I'm not sure I see a difference here.

Our law does not recognize a right to retribution murder. Simple as that. Understand that the time kept is totally inconsistent with a right to a speedy trial to be judged by a jury of her peers. But, make no mistake, murder in retribution and grand theft are just as illegal as what was done to her by her victim. Not something you will easily walk away from.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

I get you, but that was after a jury trial in the presence of a judge in good standing, listening to the public exhibition of pertinent facts of the situation, after being found guilty or admission of guilt under extenuating circumstance at a sentencing hearing. A jury is sometime nullified by circumstance and refuse to render guilty verdicts, but murder calls for public trial whether found guilty or innocent, whether justified or not. Kind of doubt the case you sighted involved grand theft and flight to avoid prosecution. We must be a country that operates under the rule of law or we are as bad as the countries and people we despise. I don't want to go there. Doubt you do either.

Are you sure?

I get you, but that was after a jury trial in the presence of a judge in good standing, listening to the public exhibition of pertinent facts of the situation, after being found guilty or admission of guilt under extenuating circumstance at a sentencing hearing. A jury is sometime nullified by circumstance and refuse to render guilty verdicts, but murder calls for public trial whether found guilty or innocent, whether justified or not. Kind of doubt the case you sighted involved grand theft and flight to avoid prosecution. We must be a country that operates under the rule of law or we are as bad as the countries and people we despise. I don't want to go there. Doubt you do either.

He never spent any time in jail. She has been there two years. Should she be tried? Yes but if this was a blonde white girl I doubt she would have been treated the same.

Retribution or not, one has no duty to retreat from people who are a threat to you. And for minor children, any sex offender is a automatically a threat. Only a truly evil fuck would have even considered bringing charges.

Are you sure?

He never spent any time in jail. She has been there two years. Should she be tried? Yes but if this was a blonde white girl I doubt she would have been treated the same.
If he spent no time in jail, he undoubtedly made bail. She was already a danger of flight as she fled to a different city after stealing her murdered victim's luxury car and bail was probably set, taking that into account. Biggest deficit here was her right to a speedy trial (glad she found somebody to pay her bail bond and guarantee her presence in court for the trial) and have the opportunity to plead her case and try to fall on the sympathies of the jury, if that is how it went down. Being black and poor and young and lacking self control is not a "get out of jail free" card and it never will be. Making poor choices sucks in any country on the planet.

Are you sure?

If he spent no time in jail, he undoubtedly made bail. She was already a danger of flight as she fled to a different city after stealing her murdered victim's luxury car and bail was probably set, taking that into account. Biggest deficit here was her right to a speedy trial (glad she found somebody to pay her bail bond and guarantee her presence in court for the trial) and have the opportunity to plead her case and try to fall on the sympathies of the jury, if that is how it went down. Being black and poor and young and lacking self control is not a "get out of jail free" card and it never will be. Making poor choices sucks in any country on the planet.

It really wasn't a poor choice. I thought people had a right to defend themselves?

The fact she has spent two years in prison already is a crime in of itself.

Are you sure?

It really wasn't a poor choice. I thought people had a right to defend themselves?
I don't know all the events of that night past her inviting him there and having pizza, but not staying and calling the police to the scene, standing on a self defense plea, but instead, stealing the dead guy's car and fleeing to another city looks like pretty bad choices that are highly prejudicial that defense.

The fact she has spent two years in prison already is a crime in of itself.
Agreed and mentioned as wrong in two of my posts on this thread. If the same group that posted her bond also makes sure she is represent competently, the jury will be aware of it. Still does not make the case for retribution killing or self defense in light of her actions after the fact.

Are you sure?

I don't know all the events of that night past her inviting him there and having pizza, but not staying and calling the police to the scene, standing on a self defense plea, but instead, stealing the dead guy's car and fleeing to another city looks like pretty bad choices that are highly prejudicial that defense.

I don't think you've ever been in her shoes.

Are you sure?

Of course not. Was raised better, made better decisions, have better values, better educated, not a thief, etc. I am just one of the type people who might have been on the jury of her peers in society, as I have been on juries before and I have a firm understanding of right and wrong. May sound like a tough viewpoint, but once you are supposed to be an adult, you are supposed to make decisions and take actions that way, no matter how screwed up your situation or childhood was or at least be prepared to live with the consequences of the actions you take. Sucks, don't it?

Are you sure?

Of course not. Was raised better, made better decisions, have better values, better educated, not a thief, etc. I am just one of the type people who might have been on the jury of her peers in society, as I have been on juries before and I have a firm understanding of right and wrong. May sound like a tough viewpoint, but once you are supposed to be an adult, you are supposed to make decisions and take actions that way, no matter how screwed up your situation or childhood was or at least be prepared to live with the consequences of the actions you take. Sucks, don't it?

In the example I posted of the man who killed the man who molested his son, he doesn't go to prison.

In this example she has been in prison for two years without a trial.

She understood what calling the police would lead to.

To me, if the killing was in self defense, there should be some form of compensation for the two years that she has lost because it never should've even been two seconds.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back