14-Year-Old Football Player Who Wears Size 23 Shoes Gets Great News From Under Armour, Puma

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Here's a feel good story.....Looks like corporations stepped-up for a change. :)

Imagine trying to buy shoes for your 14-year-old son when he wears a size bigger than what Shaq wears.

That's exactly the predicament Michigan mom Rebecca Kilburn found herself in as her son, Eric Jr., saw his growing foot expand to a size 23. The 6-foot-10 teenager, who is still growing, now has a foot that is one size bigger than the size 22s that Shaq famously wore throughout his NBA career.

You don't exactly get on the Internet and find many shoe brands that are making size 23s. "I have spent hours crying feeling like I've failed my child because I'm not able to find what he needs," Rebecca Kilburn told Today.com.

14-Year-Old Football Player Who Wears Size 23 Shoes Gets Great News From Under Armour, Puma

Teen-Size-23-shoes_jpg-2759369.JPG

Last edited:
14 years old! That boy may have some kind of disease.

The article says that he does not have an endocrine disorder, and points out that both his parents and a brother are also of above-average height, though not nearly as tall as this kid.

But I have to wonder. 6ʹ10ʺ isn't normal, especially at 14, and especially still growing. I hope they've got doctors paying careful attention. Even if there's no endocrine or other disorder, even if this is just an outlier on the normal bell curve, he's already at a height that is creating problems, and he will likely have worse problems as he gets taller. The human body just isn't engineered to scale up to that size.

Forum List

Back