Zone1 13 Percent, 4.2 Percent, 60 Percent and 86 Percent

It doesn't matter what that 13 year old knew. The fact is you grew up during Jim Crow and there were benefits you had because of it. These excuses really have got to stop coming from thte right because that's what keeps division going. No, I'm not the ignorant one. I could take you to a debate stage anywhere and you'd lose the argument if you trried arguing what you are now. And it would be a sound defeat. You can only argue your garbage in here.

You can continue to make excuses or you can recognize what the wrong has done. Man up.
You "man up" first, IM2. Quit being a victim and wanting free money.
Apply your skills and make it a better world for you and your family.

Without the reparations.

I see the 72 year old who was a teenager when the Civil Rights Act was passed who claimed not to know what was going on thinks his ignorance is funny. I grew up dduring tthe Civil Rights Movement, I was 7 when King was murdered and I was fully aware of how things were. But Meister grew up during Jim Crow and says he wasn't aware. Lol!

You "man up" first, IM2. Quit being a victim and wanting free money.
Apply your skills and make it a better world for you and your family.

Without the reparations.
White men have been whining since 1776 and the money is not free. Learn that and quit repeating dumb white racist rhetoric. Man up, because whites don't have what they do only because they applied their skills. Unless you call creating racially exclusionary policy and law a skill. We deserve the same 8 handouts from the government whites have been given. Learn your history old man, you have the time to educate yourself.

I see the 72 year old who was a teenager when the Civil Rights Act was passed who claimed not to know what was going on thinks his ignorance is funny. I grew up dduring tthe Civil Rights Movement, I was 7 when King was murdered and I was fully aware of how things were. But Meister grew up during Jim Crow and says he wasn't aware. Lol!
I was aware of Jim Crow. At the time I opposed it. Now I think it was based on sound instinct. There is often wisdom in tradition.

White men have been whining since 1776 and the money is not free. Learn that and quit repeating dumb white racist rhetoric. Man up, because whites don't have what they do only because they applied their skills. Unless you call creating racially exclusionary policy and law a skill. We deserve the same 8 handouts from the government whites have been given. Learn your history old man, you have the time to educate yourself.
So you have issues with age I see.....perhaps in the next few years you will attain "Common Sense" and "Wisdom", but
you can't buy them, IM2. That might leave you on the short end of the stick.
While you have been whining and crying your entire life, I've been enjoying mine. I'm not ashamed of being white.
I'm proud of being white. I really don't think about racism, as it doesn't play any part in my life. I just appreciate
what the good Lord has done for me.
Now, why don't you stick that pathetic head of yours up that pathetic ass of yours and roll down the side walk.
You're not going to shame me, IM2, you have no sway over my life.
But, your racism and your hatred is duly noted.

I'm less interested in the racism issue - which is obvious and unfortunate - than the general premise that the government is there to make sure everyone gets their cut. I don't think that's what we want government preoccupied with.

So you have issues with age I see.....perhaps in the next few years you will attain "Common Sense" and "Wisdom", but
you can't buy them, IM2. That might leave you on the short end of the stick.
While you have been whining and crying your entire life, I've been enjoying mine. I'm not ashamed of being white.
I'm proud of being white. I really don't think about racism, as it doesn't play any part in my life. I just appreciate
what the good Lord has done for me.
Now, why don't you stick that pathetic head of yours up that pathetic ass of yours and roll down the side walk.
You're not going to shame me, IM2, you have no sway over my life.
But, your racism and your hatred is duly noted.
I don't have issues with anything but your racism. At your age, you should be more knowledgeable about things. No one cares about how proud you are to be white, this is about how aware are you about how whites have what they have. You preach to me about how I should do things but whites didn't do things in the manner you tell me I should. Say that is not racist and running to claim racism every time a black person points out what whites have done IS perpetual white victimhood and you, along with many others here who call tthemselves "conservatives"( and I put the word in quotation marks because you are no real conservative) practice this victimhood every single day.

My life is great and it is satisfying to take on white racists like you. Why people like you think doing this means I have to be miserable is another delusion. If I was one of those soft blacks chumps like you love, then I would be miserable. Learn your history because your argument is idiotic when examined by tthe facts.

You've lived in a lie your entire life. I refuse to live in it.

I'm less interested in the racism issue - which is obvious and unfortunate - than the general premise that the government is there to make sure everyone gets their cut. I don't think that's what we want government preoccupied with.
I think it's about fairness. Those who have been given the most by government while excluding others from the same talking about how the government shouldn't do things is kind of rich.

One goes to work everyday and receives a paycheck for his efforts. One sits on a stoop and wishes he had a paycheck.

If both went to work and received a paycheck the result would be equality...

Much has been written on the costs of slavery to enslaved people, who were torn away from their families by sales and subjected to increasingly harsh violence as cotton growers sought to extract more work in order to meet expanding demand. Those who survived slavery left the institution with “nothing but freedom” and little prospect of gaining wealth. Because slavery functioned by stealing the labor of enslaved people and denying them ownership of resources, it makes sense that scholars would understand it as an economic system—one that left African Americans at a deep disadvantage in their efforts to gain wealth. But Jim Crow did these things, too.

Historians tend to treat Jim Crow almost exclusively as a legal, political, and cultural system—shaping where African Americans were allowed to go, whether they voted, and how they acted in public. Let us pause to consider another important aspect of Jim Crow—to think of it as an economic system that imposed financial burdens on African Americans. I will not attempt to tally these costs, but to point to some of their shadows. Rather than focusing on isolated examples, these are elements of a broad system of economic confiscation and exclusion—a system that contributed to the depth and width of America’s racial wealth gap.

While African Americans were underpaid, they still paid their share of taxes. Segregated public spaces excluded Black people from institutions and amenities that they helped to fund through tax dollars. As contemporary observer Stetson Kennedy pointed out, “virtually all of the public swimming areas in the segregated territory have been reserved for whites only, including those which have been purchased and operated with tax money”—money coming from both white and Black taxpayers. More significantly, Black would-be college students who were denied education at public universities were also robbed of the education their families funded through taxes. African Americans wishing to use public libraries were also confronted with roadblocks. In order to give himself an education using his local public library, Richard Wright borrowed a library card from a white man, then pretended that the books he checked out were requested by this white man. In all of these examples, money was taken from African Americans and funneled into “public” resources reserved for the use of white people.

I think it's about fairness. Those who have been given the most by government while excluding others from the same talking about how the government shouldn't do things is kind of rich.
The government shouldn't be in the business of granting favors. Period. If you think they are, point out how and let's push back against that kind of favoritism.

How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare​

Whites, angered at blacks and immigrants receiving “government handouts,” forget they were lifted out of poverty through racially exclusive welfare programs in the 30s.

Between 2001 and 2010, Westmoreland County, Pa., lost at least 8,000 manufacturing jobs. That’s one explanation for why this once-blue region gave more votes to Donald Trump than did any other Pennsylvania county, helping swing the state in his favor and propelling him to a surprise victory.

Today, the federal government’s role in building and subsidizing the homestead communities—and the larger government programs to subsidize construction of white suburbs across the nation—is all but erased from history.
“We want our jobs back,” John Golomb, a retired steelworker in Westmoreland County and lifelong Democrat who voted for Trump, told the Wall Street Journal, adding that previous presidents from both parties “forgot us.”

A form of historical amnesia also afflicts Westmoreland County. Largely absent from discussions of its decline are the ambitious social welfare programs that once helped its residents climb out of poverty. Two generations ago, this area of rural Pennsylvania was the site of a sweeping — and successful — federal housing program. The New Deal subsistence homestead program, launched in 1933 with $25 million, built modern homes for low-wage industrial workers and gave them plots of land for subsistence farming. In this corner of coal country devastated by dangerous labor practices and low wages, federal officials constructed a new community that gave poor white families a stepping-stone to home ownership and the middle class.

Norvelt, one of 34 communities in 18 states completed under the Roosevelt administration’s subsistence homestead program, remains today as a village of more than 1,000 residents in Westmoreland County. The median household income in Norvelt is more than $56,000, just above the state median. Fewer than three percent of residents live in poverty, a lower rate than any of the surrounding communities. It’s a monument to the potential for “an ambitious and innovative federal government” to “work positively in people’s lives,” the authors write. But it is also a reminder of the federal government’s inability — or refusal— to address the unyielding racial segregation in America’s housing markets. The authors can document just one African-American family living in Norvelt in the late 1930s, and the community is still largely white today.

Most of the community’s first residents were the children or grandchildren of immigrants from southern or eastern Europe....

How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare​

Whites, angered at blacks and immigrants receiving “government handouts,” forget they were lifted out of poverty through racially exclusive welfare programs in the 30s.

Between 2001 and 2010, Westmoreland County, Pa., lost at least 8,000 manufacturing jobs. That’s one explanation for why this once-blue region gave more votes to Donald Trump than did any other Pennsylvania county, helping swing the state in his favor and propelling him to a surprise victory.

Today, the federal government’s role in building and subsidizing the homestead communities—and the larger government programs to subsidize construction of white suburbs across the nation—is all but erased from history.
“We want our jobs back,” John Golomb, a retired steelworker in Westmoreland County and lifelong Democrat who voted for Trump, told the Wall Street Journal, adding that previous presidents from both parties “forgot us.”

A form of historical amnesia also afflicts Westmoreland County. Largely absent from discussions of its decline are the ambitious social welfare programs that once helped its residents climb out of poverty. Two generations ago, this area of rural Pennsylvania was the site of a sweeping — and successful — federal housing program. The New Deal subsistence homestead program, launched in 1933 with $25 million, built modern homes for low-wage industrial workers and gave them plots of land for subsistence farming. In this corner of coal country devastated by dangerous labor practices and low wages, federal officials constructed a new community that gave poor white families a stepping-stone to home ownership and the middle class.

Norvelt, one of 34 communities in 18 states completed under the Roosevelt administration’s subsistence homestead program, remains today as a village of more than 1,000 residents in Westmoreland County. The median household income in Norvelt is more than $56,000, just above the state median. Fewer than three percent of residents live in poverty, a lower rate than any of the surrounding communities. It’s a monument to the potential for “an ambitious and innovative federal government” to “work positively in people’s lives,” the authors write. But it is also a reminder of the federal government’s inability — or refusal— to address the unyielding racial segregation in America’s housing markets. The authors can document just one African-American family living in Norvelt in the late 1930s, and the community is still largely white today.

Most of the community’s first residents were the children or grandchildren of immigrants from southern or eastern Europe....
What kind of current policies do you see as racially biased?

The government shouldn't be in the business of granting favors. Period. If you think they are, point out how and let's push back against that kind of favoritism.
The government has granted whites favor from the vert begginning to this very second. Until the damage created is fixed, pushback doesn't do anything but maintain white advantage. Read the links please.

The government has granted whites favor from the vert begginning to this very second. Until the damage created is fixed, pushback doesn't do anything but maintain white advantage. Read the links please.
Hmmm... well, reparations is one issue. But the first thing we should do, in my view, is address what causes the damage and ensure it isn't still happening.

What kind of current policies do you see as racially biased?
Past policies are the cause of current problems so read the links and stop pretending that past actions have no effect on life today.

Past policies are the cause of current problems so read the links and stop pretending that past actions have no effect on life today.
I'm not "pretending" anything. I'm asking if you think the problem still exists. Because we should correct that as a first priority. Unless you just don't give a shit about bad policies and are just looking to score some benes.

Past policies are not responsible for low average black intelligence and high rates of black crime and illegitimacy.

These problems are caused by the fact that human evolution has not prepared most Negroes for the intellectual and social demands of civilization.

Forum List

Back