What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100-year-old Man Completes Marathon

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Reaction score
I am inspired. My wife and I joined a gym today and have started working out.

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
I wonder if they gave him a medal for it. You're not supposed to get a medal if you go over the time limit. Marathons are six to six and a half hours.

techieny

Conservative
Reaction score
that is so unbelievably awe inspiring. what an incredible achievement. BRAVO!!!

OP
freedombecki

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
Reaction score
I wonder if they gave him a medal for it. You're not supposed to get a medal if you go over the time limit. Marathons are six to six and a half hours.
He got world press and inspired a lot of people to think about working out a little more. In the long run, that should lengthen lives considerably.

OP
freedombecki

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
Reaction score
It's true. It happened in Toronto! :)

Are you inspired? He didn't start until he was 89 years old! Whoa!

so it took him 11 years to finish the marathon?

Point well taken. lol. He did some marathon training for 11 years. 26 miles in 8 hours is more than most people could do and still survive. It is highly unusual for 1 100-year old person to even think about doing a marathon when most people cannot walk 10 miles, much less 26.1 miles.

caela

Reaction score

Dude, at 100 years old the man deserves a medal just for finishing and not dropping dead in the process! Most people in their prime can't actually finish a marathon but he did...FANTASTIC!!!

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score

Dude, at 100 years old the man deserves a medal just for finishing and not dropping dead in the process! Most people in their prime can't actually finish a marathon but he did...FANTASTIC!!!

I never said he deserved it or didn't.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$260.01
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List