$100 per hour? I don't know, what do you think?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
I think it's time I teach myself database development. A recruiter read my wife's resume' wrong and thought she was a database programmer, she works with specific databases but doesn't program them. To make a long story short the contract was offering $100 per hour. The hour commute might, just might be worth it, not sure though her last job was training people on Microsoft Office 2007 at $160 per hour. Uuummmmmm............

I think it's time I teach myself database development. A recruiter read my wife's resume' wrong and thought she was a database programmer, she works with specific databases but doesn't program them. To make a long story short the contract was offering $100 per hour. The hour commute might, just might be worth it, not sure though her last job was training people on Microsoft Office 2007 at $160 per hour. Uuummmmmm............

Which database? Oracle perhaps?

Probably.

I paid a lady $100.00 an hour once. She was well trained. She couldn't type worth a damn but she knew her way around a ....., ah, file cabinet. That's it. She really knew how to file.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Probably.

I think once you can turn on a computer and reach USMB, you are probably qualified to be a programer. LMAO!! :booze::rock:

A database "programmer"? Oracle Administrators make a good dollar..but be prepared to get calls 24 hours a day. This sounds a little sketchy. Are they creating a new database?

In any case..it's always a good idea to acclimate yourself to the latest technology. Oracle is widely used. She's probably well versed in SQL, correct?

A database "programmer"? Oracle Administrators make a good dollar..but be prepared to get calls 24 hours a day. This sounds a little sketchy. Are they creating a new database?

In any case..it's always a good idea to acclimate yourself to the latest technology. Oracle is widely used. She's probably well versed in SQL, correct?

Like I said, she works with databases but does not program them and has no clue how. That was the funny part, nothing on her resume' says she is a programmer.

Like I said, she works with databases but does not program them and has no clue how. That was the funny part, nothing on her resume' says she is a programmer.

Doesn't know how to program them? Or doesn't know how to make her programs interface with them? Like I said SQL, is a language that interfaces with relational databases. You can write little routines that do queries or gather information from the database. I've used it in POSIX and PERL scripts..but I am no expert on it. Oracle is one relation database that SQL can interface with.

SQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oracle Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just be careful this is not some sort of scam to lure her into taking classes.

Actually, $100/hr is closer to the bottom of the scale for DBAs than the top.

Doesn't know how to program them? Or doesn't know how to make her programs interface with them? Like I said SQL, is a language that interfaces with relational databases. You can write little routines that do queries or gather information from the database. I've used it in POSIX and PERL scripts..but I am no expert on it. Oracle is one relation database that SQL can interface with.

SQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oracle Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just be careful this is not some sort of scam to lure her into taking classes.

She's an analyst, not a programmer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back