10 Stories From The Cold, Hard Streets Of America That Will Break Your Heart

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Michael Snyder, London Independent, February 24, 2014 [I never heard of this newspaper] @ Prison Planet.com » 10 Stories From The Cold, Hard Streets Of America That Will Break Your Heart

article-0-1BAF8CAA00000578-514_964x440.jpg

If the economy is really “getting better”, then why have millions upon millions of formerly middle class Americans been pushed to the point of utter despair? The stories that you are about to read are absolutely heartbreaking.
:evil:

This link really blew me away @ Baltimore's people of the woods: Inside the hidden homeless camps made of milk crates, wooden doors and tarps on the outskirts of town | Mail Online what must it be like now in the midst of winter?

I really don't know which was the saddest story. And, I'm certain there are tens of thousands more. Truly sad in a nation that used to be the Lamp to the World.

If the economy is really “getting better”, then why have millions upon millions of formerly middle class Americans been pushed to the point of utter despair?
We've always had homeless in this country, and always will. In both boom times and bust.

The existence of them isn't an checkmark that precludes any improvement in the economy, and any attempt at quantifying "millions and millions" who were formerly middle class is pointless speculation.

That may be my situation some day. Which is why I am glad we have the truck and camper shell and my little car. Park 'em together and we have space. Get a tent, and we have a small den :)

However, I will wander about in California since all my docs are here..and we ge cold weather, but not snow.

No one cried for me or our family in the 70's. But my siblings and I cried in silence, night after hunger-filled night. Seven youngsters aged 3 to 17 without a father, without hope, without Obama.

Jesus Christ, if only Obama were there.

He could have un-made me the person I'm ain't today.

Fuck that shit . I went it alone. And alone I survived.

Hubby has 6 brothers and 2 sisters. During hard times, they ate out of gargage cans, bunked in whatever abandoned shack they could find and to this day he will not eat anything with tobasco sauce in it because one day that was all they had. A few bottles of it, which they spread on rotten bread just to fill their bellies.

I am lucky that I didn't have to live that way as a child. I did when I was a single mother, but I still made it..along with my kid. We survived. But in California...it is easier than in Kentucky and Arizona, where Hubby lived with his family.

I feel for those who lost everything. But I admire their spunk to keep on keeping on.

Every situation is unique. My heart goes out to those who cannot work due to real medical issues, who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, and especially to women with families who were abandoned by the childrens' fathers.

One can only hope that in each case, the people are playing by the rules (not abusing drugs, etc), availing themselves of whatever public benefits are rightly available, and taking any jobs that may be available.

Under similar circumstances in my own life, I have worked as a short order cook, security guard, stocking shelves in a grocery store, and other similar, menial things, all at minimum wage.

Every situation is unique. My heart goes out to those who cannot work due to real medical issues, who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, and especially to women with families who were abandoned by the childrens' fathers.

One can only hope that in each case, the people are playing by the rules (not abusing drugs, etc), availing themselves of whatever public benefits are rightly available, and taking any jobs that may be available.

Under similar circumstances in my own life, I have worked as a short order cook, security guard, stocking shelves in a grocery store, and other similar, menial things, all at minimum wage.
Yeah, it is a rough situation and the demographics worldwide are turning bad in regards to any short run recovery.

Forum List

Back