Zawahiri Rants and What It Implies

You didn't answer the question:

Until I showed you, were you unaware that Murtha said we could redeploy to kuwait, bahrain, and quatar? (in addition of logistical staging areas in okinawa)

Be honest. You were clueless, that murtha said baharain, kuwait, and qatar. Otherwise you would have jumped into the thread, with the "he said okinawa!" post

Ok--and redeploying to these countries will help how?

Do you really need this explained to you?

You honestly don't understand the tactical importance of Keeping troops forward deployed in kuwait, qatar, and bahrain?

Then how do we stop the bombings and any other attacks here. The justification most often cited by non-interventionists is that the infidels are on Islamic lands? So how will redeploying from Iraq into other Islamic lands be beneficial?

Then how do we stop the bombings and any other attacks here. The justification most often cited by non-interventionists is that the infidels are on Islamic lands? So how will redeploying from Iraq into other Islamic lands be beneficial?

Please, This is common knoweldge for anyone who follows international news. I don't know what they're teaching you on the rush limbaugh show ;)

Our presence is largely welcome in Qatar and Bahrain. These are relatively liberal and secularized arab countries. Maybe there are a few citizens in those countries that don't like us there, but overwhelmingly we are welcome on their soil. Our presence there isn't as inflammatory as it is in saudi arabia or iraq. Hell, even the kurds of iraq would welcome us to stay on kurdish muslim land.

No--please explain how they can help more there than where they are at now.

You really don't follow the news?

Here's a hint: We killed Zarqawi with military forces staged from outside iraq (kuwait, or qatar, I don't remember which).

Please, This is common knoweldge for anyone who follows international news. I don't know what they're teaching you on the rush limbaugh show ;)

Our presence is largely welcome in Qatar and Bahrain. These are relatively liberal and secularized arab countries. Maybe there are a few citizens in those countries that don't like us there, but overwhelmingly we are welcome on their soil. Our presence there isn't as inflammatory as it is in saudi arabia or iraq. Hell, even the kurds of iraq would welcome us to stay on kurdish muslim land.

Wow, you can't stop the diversions. It's not about me, if it were to be such, you'd already know that I am not a Limbaugh fan, but that really isn't the issue, is it?

Hey, our presence is largely welcomed in Iraq, that hasn't made the going there any easier. 'Largely' doesn't seem to cover it. Then again, I don't think that is the issue either. It doesn't matter what the citizenry feels, it's what those terrorists feel. My guess, if we were, which we are not going to, withdrew our military and commercial interests from all Islamic lands, they would change their complaints or rationale to something else.

YOU are the one who doesn't get what's going on.

Wow, you can't stop the diversions. It's not about me, if it were to be such, you'd already know that I am not a Limbaugh fan, but that really isn't the issue, is it?

Hey, our presence is largely welcomed in Iraq, that hasn't made the going there any easier. 'Largely' doesn't seem to cover it. Then again, I don't think that is the issue either. It doesn't matter what the citizenry feels, it's what those terrorists feel. My guess, if we were, which we are not going to, withdrew our military and commercial interests from all Islamic lands, they would change their complaints or rationale to something else.

You forget---there are many who have never even read Bin Ladens' fatwah so they presume to know what will satisfy his cult. I can assure you there is nothing in there about American presence in ANY Islamic lands being acceptable. What's left of his cult NEVER propose ANY conditions for ceasing the violence. Dead makes things up using his own imagination as to what will solve the problem.

You forget---there are many who have never even read Bin Ladens' fatwah so they presume to know what will satisfy his cult. I can assure you there is nothing in there about American presence in ANY Islamic lands being acceptable. What's left of his cult NEVER propose ANY conditions for ceasing the violence. Dead makes things up using his own imagination as to what will solve the problem.

Agreed. In his own mind, he's got the answers, like Murtha. Why? They don't like Bush, that means whatever they suggest that is different, is correct.

Our presence is not welcome in iraq. 30,000 dead and wounded americans in your war demonstrates that. You war has become a recuiting tool for al qaeda that bin ladin could have only dreamed of. Our soldiers are under constant attack there. At least half of iraqis in polls taken approve of killing americans. Those who are on "our side" aren't doing a whole lot to help us.

Kathy, you need to wake up. Your war on iraq has been a collasal mistake and fueled more terrorism. You can't lump all muslims together, as you're prone to do. We've had bases for years in qatar and bahrain, with very little problems. We're largely welcome there, and few of their citizens try to actively kill us there. That's a big difference from iraq. I suggest it behooves you to learn about the nuances and differences in the arab world, before asserting the redeploying to bahrian would be the same as remaining in iraq "because its an islamic country". This is the kind of simplistic, uniformed thinking that got us into your war.

Our presence is not welcome in iraq. 30,000 dead and wounded americans in your war demonstrates that. You war has become a recuiting tool for al qaeda that bin ladin could have only dreamed of. Our soldiers are under constant attack there. At least half of iraqis in polls taken approve of killing americans. Those who are on "our side" aren't doing a whole lot to help us.

Kathy, you need to wake up. Your war on iraq has been a collasal mistake and fueled more terrorism. You can't lump all muslims together, as you're prone to do. We've had bases for years in qatar and bahrain, with very little problems. We're largely welcome there, and few of their citizens try to actively kill us there. That's a big difference from iraq. I suggest it behooves you to learn about the nuances and differences in the arab world, before asserting the redeploying to bahrian would be the same as remaining in iraq "because its an islamic country". This is the kind of simplistic, uniformed thinking that got us into your war.

Show me ANY evidence that redeploying our troops will stop al quaeda. ANY

You do not have a clue to 'what I'm prone to do.' YOU are the one that is buying into false information, what's worse, you fail to even consider there may be another side to an issue, which may not only have a point but more to add. My opinion on the war in Iraq and those leading it has evolved. I do read the opposition and weigh the points that make sense.

It's called, being informed.

You do not have a clue to 'what I'm prone to do.' YOU are the one that is buying into false information, what's worse, you fail to even consider there may be another side to an issue, which may not only have a point but more to add. My opinion on the war in Iraq and those leading it has evolved. I do read the opposition and weigh the points that make sense.

It's called, being informed.

with all due respect, on another thread you refused to call your war a mistake. I know exactly where you're coming from: you supported this mistaken war from the outset, and you continue to refuse to admit it was a mistake to invade. I'm sure you're probably a nice person and all, but frankly I'm tired of war cheerleaders pretending that they know what's going on, when in fact you all have been wrong time after time after time. From WMD, to spending four years trying to claim the war is going well, to denying that there's an insurgency or civil war, I can't think of a single siginificant prediction that war supporters have been right about. Pretty much everything I predicted would come true, has come true. Not that I'm brilliant, its just that I informed myself with real news and credible media sources.

The fact that you didn't know that murtha said we should redeploy to kuwait, baharain and qatar suggest to me that you're still reading the same wingnut "news" sources, that have been wrong and misinforming you for the last four years.

When the news sources you read are wrong on iraq year after year after year, it's beyond me why you still trust them. The "liberal" media that you rant about has been right far more often than you or your wingnut sources.

Honestly, I think its time to stop with the propaganda. Iraq has pretty much turned out as I feared as far back as five years ago. Please don't lecture me that I'm the one that's misinformed. I've pretty much been right about iraq for 5 years; you've been pretty much wrong about iraq for 5 years.

with all due respect, on another thread you refused to call your war a mistake. I know exactly where you're coming from: you supported this mistaken war from the outset, and you continue to refuse to admit it was a mistake to invade. I'm sure you're probably a nice person and all, but frankly I'm tired of war cheerleaders pretending that they know what's going on, when in fact you all have been wrong time after time after time. From WMD, to spending four years trying to claim the war is going well, to denying that there's an insurgency or civil war, I can't think of a single siginificant prediction that war supporters have been right about. Pretty much everything I predicted would come true, has come true. Not that I'm brilliant, its just that I informed myself with real news and credible media sources.

The fact that you didn't know that murtha said we should redeploy to kuwait, baharain and qatar suggest to me that you're still reading the same wingnut "news" sources, that have been wrong and misinforming you for the last four years.

When the news sources you read are wrong on iraq year after year after year, it's beyond me why you still trust them. The "liberal" media that you rant about has been right far more often than you or your wingnut sources.

Honestly, I think its time to stop with the propaganda. Iraq has pretty much turned out as I feared as far back as five years ago. Please don't lecture me that I'm the one that's misinformed. I've pretty much been right about iraq for 5 years; you've been pretty much wrong about iraq for 5 years.

For several hours now, you've misdirected and diverted. At this point you are taking the 'hail mary pass' of being a legend in your own mind. Fine.

As for 'my war' there have been many threads you can cite where I say that the reasoning was correct, but the execution was wrong. The surge seems to be working and that would be a good thing, but so far is not acknowledged by the right or left MSM.

Forum List

Back