Zakk Wylde's top 11 guitarists.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Jimmy Page at #1 is a good pick, and I would have Zakk on my list, but Paul Gilbert instead of Steve Vai and I would have Joe Satriani in there somewhere. It's a pretty good list otherwise.

It's great that he mentioned Alan Holdsworth but he probably could have had some honorable mentions like Ritchie Blackmore, Steve Howe and David Gilmour.

I did NOT know that he could really play.
I saw him at Dollywood in the 80s I guess it was.....He put on one hell of a show.

They had a power outage the evening before when Charlie Daniels was slated to play so to honor his commitment he stayed and played after Glen Campbell so we got a two-fer.

Daniels invited Campbell out and they play together for a bit.....It was great!

This is interesting:

Zappa was a musical genius, not my favorite at all, but there's no denying that he was. Prince and Freddy Mercury, too.

Whereas Frank Marino was a very good guitar player, Zappa was a musical genius.

I'd still rather hear Frank Marino, does that make sense? :dunno:

Page had a great band to help carry him - JB and JPJ were very good at filling in when
needed.....

Jones did most of the arrangements on LZ tunes but Plant & Page screwed him royally in the end. That creep Page got most of the credit for Zep's success but it should have gone to Jones.

Either way imho they sucked to high heaven after their first two LP's.

How did I not know that Glen Campbell was as good as he was? :bang3:

I actually just learned how to play Back in Black this year.... and believe it or not it's not as easy as it sounds especially dancing on one foot wearing shorts. ( Moscow 1991 playing to a million Russians)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back