Zack's Garage

o you have to put the fear in him at least once.....the shifting currents are going his way....my son is much stronger than his father now and he would not dare push his father...me he pushes all day...his father no way

o you have to put the fear in him at least once.....the shifting currents are going his way....my son is much stronger than his father now and he would not dare push his father...me he pushes all day...his father no way
I hear you. My biggest challenge is staying firm when it comes to following through with consequences. That is, if I draw a line and he crosses it I have to punish him, either by taking away a privilege or making him do extra work around the house. But he is so insistent at pushing my buttons, it's like he wants to live in a perpetual grounding sometimes.

I may not punish as much as I should. I want him to know, however, that when I tell him it will happen upon him deciding to engage in a particular behavior that it will, in fact, happen. I am probably going to be a complete lunatic by the time he is 18.

I don't know what happened. When I was a kid if you screwed up or broke the rules you got a good smack. Apparently we all grew up and decided we did not want to do that to our kids. The whacking itself probably was not a good idea, but what it did - create boundaries - was probably a good thing.

Forum List

Back