YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Let them die!

Right?

Oh, Republicans love it when Americans suffer. Dying is best of all, right?
Only if they are leftist traitors.

But i have to give credit where due. The Mandate is gone.
Umm, not until both the House and Senate approve identical bills that repeal the mandate, and Trump signs it into law. Which hasn't happened yet. The version the House passed didn't have the mandate repeal.

Now the House and Senate committees get together and agree on a combined version. Hopefully that one will still have the mandate repeal. Then they each vote on the combined version, hopefully pass it, and it goes to Trump for his signature. THEN the mandate is finally repealed.

An alternate course, would be for the House to simply pass something that says, "We accept the version passed by the Senate, and deem it passed by the House." They could do that right now, and Trump could sign the Senate bill fifteen minutes later, and it's DONE. But they probably won't use that method.

All that said, the Senate passing the bill as they did, is a HUGE step forward, especially with the mandate repeal in it. Kudos to them!

Let them die!
Right?
As usual, when leftist fanatics are given something they hate but can't come up with an argument against, they start ranting hysterically like this.
They've been doing it a lot recently. Get used to it, Demmies. You've got seven more years of it coming. :itsok:

Faux high-horse outrage shite. The Mandate was an awful Government-overreach abuse of power. It should have never been allowed to happen. Good riddance.

Okay, let's grant that.

so..... what's your alternative.

If you are going to say, insurance companies can't cap benefits and they can't deny you treatment for a "pre-existing" condition, what is going to keep them afloat. If the young and healthy won't buy insurance and the old and sick can't be denied insurance, how do they stay afloat?

Premiums will skyrocket particularly for pre existing conditions. I don’t see how this is good for the many Americans who finally have health insurance. And most Americans will see little benefit from tax cuts.

I'm sure they will go up, but it kind of won't matter. They won't be able to DENY coverage for pre-existing conditions, and a high premium means you still have to pay the benefit. It's the equivalent of letting you buy car insurance AFTER you've had an accident.

OK, ok, I will go along with you, as soon as you tell everyone how to pay for it. 1st clean up all the entitlement mess though, before you create another one!

Medicare Part E- Medicare for everyone. The problem isn't paying for it, we already spend 18% of our GDP on health care while the rest of the industrialized countries spend 8 - 11%.

Clinton, GW, and Obama would NEVER address this problem. Seems Trump won't either. I am all for fantasyland scenarios where everyone gets something, but lets decide how to pay for it 1st; and that is after we balance the books on S.S., and Medicare.

simple enough. Tax the rich to pay back all the money you stole from the SS and MC trust funds to pay for Corporate Welfare and bloated military spending.

So I'm sorry you typed out the rest of that babble when the solutions are so obvious.

Correct, poor people did get coverage. And who are the poor? Those who don't want to work or work very little.

I think if you offered any poor person a job that pays a living wage, they'd take it.

SO here's a concept- Let's get rid of welfare and replace it with workfare. You show up with a resume, and they get you a job, somewhere. Then you manage your own budgets.

Big business wouldn't go for it, though. Then they'd have to attract employees instead of choosing them.

n the meantime, people who do work 40 hours plus a week were paying for the coverage for those who didn't work, and those very same people could not afford insurance for themselves.

I get so aggravated about concerns of the poor instead of the concerns of the middle-class. Why do Democrats put so much effort into providing for the non-productive in our society instead of the productive? Why do they show such disdain for the producers of our society?

why do you think anyone considers you a "producer", guy.

Your boss won't even spring for your health insurance, that's how much of a "producer' you are.

The thing is, most people on Medicare ARE working. They just aren't making enough because their bosses are even cheaper than yours.

n the meantime, people who do work 40 hours plus a week were paying for the coverage for those who didn't work, and those very same people could not afford insurance for themselves.

I get so aggravated about concerns of the poor instead of the concerns of the middle-class. Why do Democrats put so much effort into providing for the non-productive in our society instead of the productive? Why do they show such disdain for the producers of our society?

why do you think anyone considers you a "producer", guy.

Your boss won't even spring for your health insurance, that's how much of a "producer' you are.

The thing is, most people on Medicare ARE working. They just aren't making enough because their bosses are even cheaper than yours.

Sure they are. I see how hard they are working in the HUD house next door to me with their four kids. You call that working?

Yes I am a producer. I produce taxes via work, I produce a comfortable place to live for my tenants, I produce the transportation that hauls products that make it to your store so you have the items you wish to purchase, I don't take any government handouts--I give the government. I never had any children so I didn't get burdened with the expense.

And once again, see a shrink about your obsessive compulsive disorder. I hate to think my insurance situation is giving you nightmares every night since I now live rent-free in your head.

Correct, poor people did get coverage. And who are the poor? Those who don't want to work or work very little.

I think if you offered any poor person a job that pays a living wage, they'd take it.

SO here's a concept- Let's get rid of welfare and replace it with workfare. You show up with a resume, and they get you a job, somewhere. Then you manage your own budgets.

Big business wouldn't go for it, though. Then they'd have to attract employees instead of choosing them.

You don't know how FOS you are. Look.....I spend every day in industrial areas. They are all loaded with HELP WANTED signs. Some of them have been up for months and even years. A few of those place are our customers, and they're not offering too bad of wages for non-skillled work.

The problem today is our social programs. They pay so much that it's not worth the effort for some to get off the drugs and take these jobs. One of our drivers found another job and he's leaving after next week. My employer (once again) will have a hell of a time replacing him because as always, he won't be able to find anybody that can pass a drug test.

That's what's wrong in our country.

Let them die!

Right?

And what are the Democrats saying to Americans with their open border mentality? You know, Kate's law that the Democrats are stopping? Not only did that foreigner kill her, the Democrats didn't even convict him.

That's protecting Americans?

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Just because the Senate put in their bill doesn't mean shit until Congress (which didn't have it in their bill) come together. And not for 2018.

Well, no, he didn't.

He just raised insurance costs on everyone else.
Premiums will skyrocket particularly for pre existing conditions. I don’t see how this is good for the many Americans who finally have health insurance. And most Americans will see little benefit from tax cuts.

Premiums are already sky high. They are unaffordable at any speed.

--LOL

i helped someone the other day on the ACA website

the cost of their premiums and out of pocket

was more then what they will have in gross income
Because the Republicans have spent the last years trying to destroy it rather than impliment any of the many proposed fixes. They refuse to do anything so it will on the backs of us.

how was trump responsible for that before he was elected

these premiums had been decided long ago

You don't know much to have helped someone healthcare.gov, do you? Premium's are decided yearly.

Obamacare is so popular, they had to threaten people to purchase Obamacare else be punished by a government fine that's how popular it is.

Obamacare is so terrible the Republicans couldn't come up with something better to replace it.

Yes, GOP leadership could be much better. Room for lots of improvement. But i'll congratulate and thank them on this Yuge achievement.

Ok, so what tangible positive effect should we expect to see now that the mandate is gone? Besides "MOAR FREEDOM"

It's gone, deal with it. It was an Un-American Government overreach use of force. Good riddance.

LOL, I mean that's great and all. So what benefit will we all experience now as a result?
Keeps asking the same question over and over after it was answered countless times. Typical America hater.

Well, no, he didn't.

He just raised insurance costs on everyone else.

Why should poor people pay $700 to make insurance cheaper for others?

No answers, huh, Progs?

Obama put a tax on every poor person in America who didn’t want Obamacare.

That’s fucked up...
No he didnt. Poor people got coverage. Stop lying.

There isn’t a $695 penalty for poor people who don’t buy Obamacare?

Why don’t you explain the Obamacare mandate for all of us? How does it work, specifically?

I’ll hold my breath over here while you figure out how to explain the Obamacare mandate.

No, Mr know it all you explain the mandate and at what cutoff someone has to pay the penalty and tell us about the 50+ excemptions someone may apply for. You seem to have all the answers smart man.

This is fine with me. On the other hand I question if those without health insurance should be allowed to be treated.if they get a bad illness then what?

Nope people that refuse to cover themselves should not be allowed treatment and refused at the ER, but then there is that pesky law.

Why should poor people pay $700 to make insurance cheaper for others?

No answers, huh, Progs?

Obama put a tax on every poor person in America who didn’t want Obamacare.

That’s fucked up...
No he didnt. Poor people got coverage. Stop lying.

There isn’t a $695 penalty for poor people who don’t buy Obamacare?

Why don’t you explain the Obamacare mandate for all of us? How does it work, specifically?

I’ll hold my breath over here while you figure out how to explain the Obamacare mandate.

No, Mr know it all you explain the mandate and at what cutoff someone has to pay the penalty and tell us about the 50+ excemptions someone may apply for. You seem to have all the answers smart man.

If the mandate is meaningless then getting rid of it means nothing.

Forum List

Back