YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

Obamacare is so popular, they had to threaten people to purchase Obamacare else be punished by a government fine that's how popular it is.

Yes.....premiums you couldn't afford to pay and had to have the government help you pay, and deductibles so high you couldn't afford to pay them...which meant you didn't actually have access to healthcare.....you were just paying money for insurance that you couldn't afford....

Imagine being relatively healthy, but forced to purchase overpriced health insurance with a deductible so high the insurance will never pay a dime of your healthcare costs. You end up paying for all your healthcare out of pocket plus the sky high Obamacare premiums. Why? So liberals assholes can take your money and dole it out to deadbeats to buy votes. It would be cheaper to just not purchase health insurance and pay as you go. Healthcare savings account would further reduce out of pocket.

Obamacare was primarily a Dem tax increase and wealth redistribution scheme to buy votes from moochers and deadbeats.

actually, the goal was to destroy the healthcare system....and to put those people in the position you stated....so that their only hope for help was to turn over our healthcare system to the democrats and single payer.......so that everyone would have the same quality of healthcare as our Vets do through the VA.....it is about control over Americans through their healthcare....that is all he democrats wanted...

Yes that was the long term goal, give Dem's control over the nation's healthcare system which would justify never ending tax increases. We would end up like Germany where fucking government takes 75% of every dollar you earn.

It is a Civil Rights issue...the Government can't force you to buy something.....

Nolte: Obamacare Mandate Repeal Is the Most Important Civil Rights Victory in Years - Breitbart

Going all the way back to 2009, it was obvious Obamacare would end up looking like a Rube Goldberg machine powered by totalitarianism. Who would have ever guessed, though, it was such a fiasco that the mandate would actually cost the government money — a delicious irony that would result in its undoing.
It works like this…

For the sin of being born, Obamacare mandates that every American purchase health insurance. If we do not purchase this totally unnecessary, godawful product (more on this below), we are required by law to pay a hefty tax to the federal government.

Somehow, and I do not really care how, this tax actually costs the government money, some $340 billion — with a “B” — every ten years.

Only Bill Ayers’ pal and his merry band of congressional nincompoops could crawl so far up their own backsides that they were able to find a tax that increases the deficit.

But thank heavens they did. Had they not, the Senate would not have repealed the mandate Friday night.

After the humiliation of failing to keep their defining promise to repeal Obamacare, the Senate turned to tax reform, which also looked sketchy due to deficit projections. But then the clouds parted and the stars aligned with the discovery that repealing the Obamacare mandate would save the government this $340 billion.

Talk about a win-win. Here was a way to kill the most hated (and crucial) part of Obamacare and pass tax cuts. And that is exactly what happened — the American people won a sweet two-fer: lower taxes and freedom from a fascist mandate.

------------

If I purchase a car, I am voluntarily taking on certain civic responsibilities that require the purchase of insurance. I have no problem with that. The Obamacare mandate is something altogether different.

For no other reason other than the fact I am born, the mandate is the federal government forcing me to buy something. This is nothing less than a legalized violation of my civil rights.

Forget the fact that Obamacare so over-regulates the insurance industry that we are now required to purchase a ridiculously expensive, one-size-fits-all Cadillac plan with a deductible so sky-high most of us will never use it. That is the least of this outrage, and something the Senate still needs to fix.

What I am talking about is the principle of the state forcing you to purchase something for your own good and for the good of others.

Sorry to be crude, but f**k that.

Setting a precedent that allows the government to force me to buy something for my own good is as un-American as it gets. What if studies show that the key to a long life is owning a Bible and gun? Is it okay with you Obamacare fans if Trump and Co. mandates the purchase of those?

Then why do we have to buy car insurance?

1. Do they tax you a special tax if you don't? No! They just won't issue you license plates, duh!

2. Do YOU pay higher auto insurance premiums, so that a poorer person can pay less? NO!
1. You get fined if you have no insurance which is still a way to force you to buy a product..
2. Your insurance premiums do help pay settlements for other drivers..

Nice semantics, lol. That is NOT what I asked you, what I asked was----------->do YOU pay higher premiums than others based on their income?
Of course they charge more for bad credit versus lower premiums for those with good credit. The underwriters feel that those with bad credit are more likely to commit insurance fraud...But they make it so easy...

So let me get this straight, lol----------->when purchasing insurance of any kind out in the open market, you get a LOWER rate according to you, IF you are more responsible, have a higher credit score, and are more likely, NOT to scam the system.

But in your GLORIOUS Obamacare, it is bassackwards, lolololololol.

Not to mention, if you REFUSE to pay the higher premiums for these people, they TAX you as punishment; in essence FORCING you to pay something, regardless if you like it or not.

You can't make this stuff up folks, the muddled mind of liberal logic.

The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.
Okay, how will this help? Walk me through it.

It is a Civil Rights issue...the Government can't force you to buy something.....

Nolte: Obamacare Mandate Repeal Is the Most Important Civil Rights Victory in Years - Breitbart

Going all the way back to 2009, it was obvious Obamacare would end up looking like a Rube Goldberg machine powered by totalitarianism. Who would have ever guessed, though, it was such a fiasco that the mandate would actually cost the government money — a delicious irony that would result in its undoing.
It works like this…

For the sin of being born, Obamacare mandates that every American purchase health insurance. If we do not purchase this totally unnecessary, godawful product (more on this below), we are required by law to pay a hefty tax to the federal government.

Somehow, and I do not really care how, this tax actually costs the government money, some $340 billion — with a “B” — every ten years.

Only Bill Ayers’ pal and his merry band of congressional nincompoops could crawl so far up their own backsides that they were able to find a tax that increases the deficit.

But thank heavens they did. Had they not, the Senate would not have repealed the mandate Friday night.

After the humiliation of failing to keep their defining promise to repeal Obamacare, the Senate turned to tax reform, which also looked sketchy due to deficit projections. But then the clouds parted and the stars aligned with the discovery that repealing the Obamacare mandate would save the government this $340 billion.

Talk about a win-win. Here was a way to kill the most hated (and crucial) part of Obamacare and pass tax cuts. And that is exactly what happened — the American people won a sweet two-fer: lower taxes and freedom from a fascist mandate.

------------

If I purchase a car, I am voluntarily taking on certain civic responsibilities that require the purchase of insurance. I have no problem with that. The Obamacare mandate is something altogether different.

For no other reason other than the fact I am born, the mandate is the federal government forcing me to buy something. This is nothing less than a legalized violation of my civil rights.

Forget the fact that Obamacare so over-regulates the insurance industry that we are now required to purchase a ridiculously expensive, one-size-fits-all Cadillac plan with a deductible so sky-high most of us will never use it. That is the least of this outrage, and something the Senate still needs to fix.

What I am talking about is the principle of the state forcing you to purchase something for your own good and for the good of others.

Setting a precedent that allows the government to force me to buy something for my own good is as un-American as it gets. What if studies show that the key to a long life is owning a Bible and gun? Is it okay with you Obamacare fans if Trump and Co. mandates the purchase of those?

the feds have never ever made you buy car insurance
They did when I was in the Army..

bs you still had state license plates and registration

you fool no one

besides that the "army" did not force you to buy a car to insure

you potheads are think your so tricky

--LOL

additionally

no one forced you to do anything

it was "your choice" to decide to live by

the rules to operate a motor vehicle on the public roadways

certainly not a "mandate"

Well, considering the GOP lied to us for eight years about Repeal & Replace, maybe their flock will find a way to celebrate this remarkable and absolutely game-changing achievement.

Oh, i'm not letting feckless GOP leadership completely off the hook. I've probably been Ryan, Boehner, and McConnell's harshest critic over the years. But i have to give credit where due. The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.
So now that there is no mandate will you be dropping your health insurance immediately?

Nunya business.

Sure it is. I want to know if I am going to be paying for your irresponsible behavior.

That's weird...you and all your fucked up in the head buddies don't seem to care about picking up the tab for filthy illegal wetbacks. Help me understand, is it just REAL Americans you hate to help?

Oh, i'm not letting feckless GOP leadership completely off the hook. I've probably been Ryan, Boehner, and McConnell's harshest critic over the years. But i have to give credit where due. The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.

NOt really. All they did was make it easier for deadbeats to not buy insurance until they get sick.

Watch how fast the INsurance Industry screams bloody murder on this one.

NOt really. All they did was make it easier for deadbeats to not buy insurance until they get sick.

Someone's always gonna 'scream bloody murder.' Someone's always gonna be 'outraged' over something. But the Mandate was an awful Government-overreach abuse of power. It had to go. Good riddance.

So, you believe we should subsidize the "greedy" insurance company's? Isn't that what leftists call them, rich and greedy!

Okay, how will this help? Walk me through it.

It works like this…

------------

the feds have never ever made you buy car insurance
They did when I was in the Army..

bs you still had state license plates and registration

you fool no one

besides that the "army" did not force you to buy a car to insure

you potheads are think your so tricky

--LOL

additionally

no one forced you to do anything

it was "your choice" to decide to live by

the rules to operate a motor vehicle on the public roadways

certainly not a "mandate"
A state mandate...

So, you believe we should subsidize the "greedy" insurance company's? Isn't that what leftists call them, rich and greedy!

No, I think we should have single payer and be done with it.

But if we aren't going to do that despite it working perfectly well in the rest of the world, then you need an individual mandate if you aren't going to allow the insurance companies to cheat people after they've already paid premiums.

That was the deal.
They can't cheat their customers.
Their customers can't cheat them.

The party of personal responsibility doesn't want people to be personally responsible.
We want people to be responsible but individual freedom trumps everything if you follow the constitution.

You have every right to be lowlife white/ghetto trash if you so choose.

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

how stupid do you lowlife loons have to be to cheer for people being unable to buy health insurance.

now go pretend you're a christian.

scum

No, I think we should have single payer and be done with it.

But if we aren't going to do that despite it working perfectly well in the rest of the world, then you need an individual mandate if you aren't going to allow the insurance companies to cheat people after they've already paid premiums.

That was the deal.
They can't cheat their customers.
Their customers can't cheat them.

I wonder how all of Donald's white trash deplorable are going to feel when they go back to having no health care.

:rofl:

Liberals need to send in their fair share of taxes.
I do, at least zero...

I have this suspicion that Moonglow is a billionaire who pays no taxes.
It's all how you fudge fix the books...

Real liberal billionaires hire tax lawyers to lobby Congress to make everything legal. No fixing or fudging is needed.

Ok...maybe Moonglow is not a billionaire....

Liberals need to send in their fair share of taxes.
I do, at least zero...

I have this suspicion that Moonglow is a billionaire who pays no taxes.
It's all how you fudge fix the books...

Real liberal billionaires hire tax lawyers to lobby Congress to make everything legal. No fixing or fudging is needed.

Ok...maybe Moonglow is not a billionaire....
Yeah sure the trend with Trump Ent... is shadow companies...Subchapter "S"..

$700 tax on every person who doesn’t want to buy Obamacare.

Bye bye tax on the poor.

Dems are scum. Trump just lowered taxes on the poor.

Forum List

Back