YouTube permanently bans pro-life channel Lifesite

Go get a job at You Tube then, if you feel the need to see every video they remove.
I don't feel the need to see every video. That's irrelevant to any point made in this thread.

I find that level of skepticism exhausting.
Thinking for yourself often is for people not used to it.

Would you like another go?
You said you like proof of things and question if the videos violated the TOS, didn't you? What else would satisfy you other than seeing the vids? Admit it, you don't like the decision so you are going to declare it unfair whether it is or not. There is nothing else to add at this point.

You said you like proof of things and question if the videos violated the TOS, didn't you? What else would satisfy you other than seeing the vids? Admit it, you don't like the decision so you are going to declare it unfair whether it is or not.
Did I say it was unfair? I have no idea if it was unfair or not... I can't see the vids to know.

The original post that you replied to:
Well... We'll never know if it was justified or not with the evidence gone...

Is English your first language? Does that have some sort of meaning I'm unware of?

There is nothing else to add at this point.
If you aren't going to actually address the things I say, I have no idea why you thought it was a good idea to reply to me.

How much Chinese or foreign influences are within these "private" companies that are screwing with social issues in America?

Orwell was only half right. Our freedoms and right to expression is under far more threat from the private sector which is more powerful and directly influences the government sector.
What you speak of is known as state-corporate fascism, prominent examples being fascist Italy under Benito Mussolini and wartime imperialist Japan under Emperor Hirohito.
FASCISM AND THE CORPORATE STATE
Sorry I had to cite Britannica, because Snopes has "debunked" such wild conspiracy theories and proven that modern corporations can do no wrong!

this makes me cringe

I notice your link doesn't mention why. Here ya go:

Google, YouTube’s owner, later said it had banned LifeSiteNews for violating its COVID-19 misinformation policy, including “content that promotes prevention methods that contradict local health authorities or WHO.” Channels that receive three strikes in a 90-day period will be permanently removed, a Google spokesperson told Daily Caller News Foundation.

Were they selling bleach cures? (Don't laugh--there was a preacher making a bundle off it.) Apparently, it was more than a Pro Life site.

I commend You Tube for trying to limit swill on their channel that can cause harm to people. There is NO credible reason to go against the CDC or WHO precautions; gullible people can lose their lives or cause the death of others by following cockamamie advice from snakeoil salesmen. This virus has killed half a million Americans in one year and a mutated version which is several times more contagious is spreading as we speak. This has nothing to do with being pro life or Christian, just goddamned dumb. GOOD FOR YOU TUBE!
thats just more proof they dont apply their rules equally,,
I don't follow. They have a policy, it was violated x 3, they banned it.

Give me an example of them not applying that equally.
heck dr fauci has violated it several times and nothing he says is removed
When has he contradicted WHO? Given advice contrary to the CDC?
he does it about twice a week,, i've seen people quote him and get deleted but when he says it nothing happens,,

tell us whats it feel like to be a useful idiot??

Really? link?

All of a sudden right wingers don't support a private businesses right to do its business however it wants to.

All of a sudden, Left Wingers don't support the freedom of speech in public.

Private platforms are public spaces now?

They put themselves out there as a place where the public could be heard and got concessions and protections from the Government to do it. Now, they want to be a "private" company and that's fine, but they should no longer get the concessions and protections.

All of a sudden right wingers don't support a private businesses right to do its business however it wants to.

They put themselves out there as a place where the public could be heard and got concessions and protections from the Government to do it. Now, they want to be a "private" company and that's fine, but they should no longer get the concessions and protections.

That doesn't alter the fact they have terms of service users agree to and a legal right to act on those who violate it. They are not a public entity, but a private company, regardless of the access they provide to their private property.

That doesn't alter the fact they have terms of service users agree to and a legal right to act on those who violate it. They are not a public entity, but a private company, regardless of the access they provide to their private property.

And, that's why it's a political discussion, not a legal discussion. We should take away their concessions and protections and let them be sued like the publishers they have become.

Good, then you won't mind when conservative groups take over all media and communication businesses then ban, block, erase, dump and censure all leftwing topics, groups, views, opinions and communication.

That doesn't alter the fact that they get special legal protections for being a online "public square"... They need to lose that if they are indeed not a online "public square"

That doesn't alter the fact that they get special legal protections for being a online "public square"... They need to lose that if they are indeed not a online "public square"

I never can quite figure out the deal there or what exactly is wrong. If people are saying that the laws regarding the big tech giants need to be updated, I would agree, but not for the reasons you tend complain about.

They can't discriminate based on political ideology (and a host of other factors) - but they can have ToS rules that help maintain a good community and an environment where people feel free to speak. That means they can have rules against things like "hate speech" (where as the government can not). As long as everyone is treated the same under those rules. There is nothing wrong with that. If someone feels unfairly targeted they have recourse to courts right?

What makes no sense to me is that opponents of the current system want them to be regarded as "publishers". In that case they still would not be required to allow everyone equal voice, and they could be liable for content. That means even more censorship to avoid being sued.

They can't discriminate based on political ideology (and a host of other factors) - but they can have ToS rules that help maintain a good community and an environment where people feel free to speak. That means they can have rules against things like "hate speech" (where as the government can not). As long as everyone is treated the same under those rules. There is nothing wrong with that. If someone feels unfairly targeted they have recourse to courts right?
No. That's the whole point. There is no recourse against facebook. There would be against a newspaper... You know... the people who CHOOSE what can and can't be read.

People are getting banned for saying "women aren't men" or vice versa. People getting banned for "Learn to code" against the very people who said miners should "learn to code" after losing their jobs... When that those people lost their job, people told him to "learn to code"... banned.

What makes no sense to me is that opponents of the current system want them to be regarded as "publishers". In that case they still would not be required to allow everyone equal voice, and they could be liable for content. That means even more censorship to avoid being sued.
That's exactly right. They should have something that is like the boards here... An "ignore" function. That's all that is necessary. If you are a public square, then you can't get sued.

If a Newspaper hosts lies/deceptions/whatever is illegal and you can sue them.. So should you be able to sue Facebook for hosting those lies/deceptions/whatever is illegal. Unless... they are a public square.

Forum List

Back