Your worst job

Originally posted by jimnyc
That's right, you bastard! I'm holding you to a 25 year install warranty too! Should I have any problems in that time your sorry ass better get back up here and fix it! :finger:
:laugh::laugh:

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Quoted
" you stupid fu@$er, I thought you knew what you were doing! Now I have to spend another two Fu$#ing dollars to drive your sorry ass back to the store!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever see the movie better off dead? I swear I have nightmares of Jim coming after me chanting "I want my two dollars" on the bicycle and all!

My friend and I used to chase her little brother around the house chanting that. He used to deliver the morning paper. I forgot all about that:D

Summer of 96. window rock arizona.

got a job with a small company setting up a brand new network for the Navajo Nation. Nothing but a set of 7 mobile homes all hooked together in an ad-hoc fashion. Since I was the new guy I got to do all the crawling underneath these trailers dragging the cat5 cables. such lovely fun laying underneath the trailers with all the black widow spiders (Im an arachaphobe, imagine the fun) and after the first day of work it was then that I was told to stay away from rodents and the rodent crap because of the Hanta Virus.

Someone was dumping illegally on some property one of my family members owned with an ex, random trash, including what appeared to be the burnt piece of a house, refrigerators, washing machines, small debris, beer cans and the occasional dirty magazine..anyway, nobody had been to the property in a while so we had no way to know it was happening, but one day someone from the county called and demanded that we come remove the garbage.

So at the age of 14 or so my father paid 10 cents for every five-gallon bucket of garbage I picked off the lot, nothing for the fridges. We'd fill up a little tow trailer with the debris and haul it to the dump, about twice a day, and I earned about $1.20 to a trailer load. We came home smelling like the garbage. The trip out was an 1:45 and to the dump and back was another hour. We did this on saturdays off and on for about a year.

We moved into our house in Gig Harbor, WA, at the ripe old age of 15. It's on a 250 foot cliff overlooking Puget Sound. The drainage pipe from the house to the side of the cliff was made of concrete (house was about 20 years old at the time) and had apparently collasped a few months prior in a small landslide. So my dad has to replace the pipe. That entailed the two of us digging a ditch from the house (where the drainage started) about 50 feet to the edge of the cliff. The soil is about half dirt (and very clay-ish dirt, at that) and half rock. Two days with a pick and shovel, and we finally finished.

Then we had to fill it back in...

Originally posted by Moi
I stripped off my clothes and cleaned in the nude. Hopped in the shower afterwards, got dressed and greeted the press.

Wheres a camera when you need one?!?!? :D

Originally posted by Sir Evil
For me that is a easy one! however it was a one day job that I did not get PAID for it happens like this!

Next time you need some handy work call 1-800-eat shit!:laugh:

Hahahaha!! Neverheard this story..nor was I there....but after knowing Jim for almost 10 years now....I can tell you this storry is 100% real!!! GREAT story!!

Originally posted by Jackass
Hahahaha!! Neverheard this story..nor was I there....but after knowing Jim for almost 10 years now....I can tell you this storry is 100% real!!! GREAT story!!
Poor James....how many computers in the family aren't going to be fixed now????

Originally posted by Jackass

Thanks, you POS! :D

Boy I missed this one - Evil, that story was great, and how true of an event - you know Jim, his little temper sure can flare!!! Never get Jim upset when fixing your computer, especially over the phone, he starts off nice, but click on the wrong thing and it's "what are you f'ing retarded", then if that isn't bad enough, you get when it done, "next time, call my toll free number 1-800-go-f-yourself"

Evil and Jim together = PRICELESS!!! though nothing beat the job Jim and I WANTED to do at the beachhouse, and that was to release a nice big YACHT!!!! think that should be another thread, memories of a vacation.

Talk about worse jobs though, this was a job I had to do at home. The plumbing got backed up, of course, the Husband tells me to fix it, yeah ok - I decided to ask Dom a.ka. abdulDom to help me - we find that the main line is backed up and under the house we go. Evil had given me a part that hooks up to the hose that expands when put into a pipe to flush back ups. Well, we get under there, and first we find that the pipe going to the toilet is off, and needs cleaning, we have a hammer and go over and had to pick through, yeah, clogged up things there, and then after cleaning, I decide to hammer the pipe back to where it belongs, bad move, splashed with any thing left there! splash one! disgusting and smelly, but we continue. Over to the main pipe and knowing I have to lift it in order to put the hose there, we lean over and both pull, to only be attacked by sewage - don't know why, but it basically exploded all over us. The terms "full of shit" surely stood that day!!!! Soaked and all we continue with the hose and put it into the pipe, now it gets better, you hear a sound, then louder, and I am thinking, what the hell is that - than louder, and there she goes - not realizing that whatever was there, forced it's way through, and over to the next door's basement, that's where the pipe leads too! it blew it so hard, it flooded the basement with sewage!!! hhhahahaha!!!!!! After 6 showers that day, but still laughing, I still couldn't get rid of the smell - but what made it all worth it, was seeing the Marshall want a be next door with boots on and a shovel cleaning up the basement next door!

A long time ago - maybe not so long - I worked as a bartender in Disney World. The hours were from 10pm till 2am or 1 - cannot recall.

We had to call uniforms - costumes
The work area was known as the stage
We had to attend 'Disney University' for three days
After that we had to take a 'see how fast you can run
around the bar test and still smile'
There were more bosses than I could possibly remember and they were always writing staff up - yes including myself.
You had to be a 'superstar' at all times.
You had to have an answer for EVERYTHING no matter what the question - No matter what!

Originally posted by winston churchi
A long time ago - maybe not so long - I worked as a bartender in Disney World. The hours were from 10pm till 2am or 1 - cannot recall.

We had to call uniforms - costumes
The work area was known as the stage
We had to attend 'Disney University' for three days
After that we had to take a 'see how fast you can run
around the bar test and still smile'
There were more bosses than I could possibly remember and they were always writing staff up - yes including myself.
You had to be a 'superstar' at all times.
You had to have an answer for EVERYTHING no matter what the question - No matter what!

I've gotta know, how did that job come to and end? Non-compliance?

No - though it would have led that at some point. I left Orlando and moved to Miami where I worked on board a cruise ship for a while.

As for Disney, that was not a career job of course - I couldn't see working there as a career but some do. I couldn't work in a place where there were so many managers of different levels.

At the time, they had an overall manager for food and beverage and then another manager under him. There was then a beverage manager and a food manager under them. Under the beverage manager was a supervisor and under this supervisor there were four more supervisors. Under those supervisors there were something like leads or head of dept - don't know the official title. These were nothing more than servers and bartenders who , when a manager wasn't around, took that position without having authority - BUT - it was for the sole reason of reporting what was going on.

On top of that the food dept was broken down the same way and because I was in beverage I also worked under the food managers / supervisors and so on when the beverage managers were not around. They worked separate but together.

If you wanted to transfer from one dept to another you had to wait six months and within that six mos. have a clean record. But most staff, including myself, had some sort of a write up that prevented you from even applying for a transfer. Too long of a bathroom break? Write up. Made the wrong drink and had to toss it? Write up. One minuet late for work or your shift? Write up.

Thanks WC, now I have a headache :confused: How could you remember all that?
When I was a server at a Bingo hall, there were 5 brothers who owned the hall. One would tell you to do one thing, then the other would come over and balk about how he didn't say to do that, and who told you to do that in the first place? When I would say his brother, he would say "don't listen to him, I told you...... Then the other brother would come over, and same thing would start all over again. Sometimes I would just walk away, and let them argue about how many drinks I should have on my tray, or some other minor detail.

Originally posted by Said1
Thanks WC, now I have a headache :confused: How could you remember all that?
When I was a server at a Bingo hall, there were 5 brothers who owned the hall. One would tell you to do one thing, then the other would come over and balk about how he didn't say to do that, and who told you to do that in the first place? When I would say his brother, he would say "don't listen to him, I told you...... Then the other brother would come over, and same thing would start all over again. Sometimes I would just walk away, and let them argue about how many drinks I should have on my tray, or some other minor detail.

Now I have a headache!
They argued about how many drinks you should have on your tray? Okay Disney never went that far...

As for remembering, I remember it because it was Disney I suppose.

Forum List

Back