Your worst job

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I thought this would be an interesting topic. I'll start with mine.

When I was 12, my mother thought it would be a good idea for me to get a summer job. Being 12, my options were fairly limited to babysitting and Dickie Dee ice cream vendor. I went with Dickie Dee, since I thought I would be getting free ice cream while I was peddling away all day. Well, it didn't turn out to be what I expect, not even close. For starters, I was assigned to the worst area in the city, they didn't give me any instructional traning, and I had no idea how heavy those little contraptions could be (very heavy, especially up hill :D ). I managed to stick it out until I ran out of ice cream, but, on the way back to the warehouse, I was robbed at knife point.

When I told the manager what happened, he fired me! He said he thought I was to small for the job anyway (exact words). Needless to say, I went home very up set.

A few WEEKS later, some police officers arrive at my house to question me about the "incident". They asked what happened, and I told them, what I could remember. For some reason they seemed very skeptical when listening to my answers. At this point, my mother stepped in and asked the officers why they were questioning me with such an attitude. They answered that the manager didn't think I was that upset after being robbed at knife point! Then they went on to explain that kids do that all the time, so they can keep the profits and get paid.
My mother told them to get the F*@k out, and that was pretty much the end of it - and the summer job idea.

I did a little air conditioning/ heating duct work for my dad when he owned a company in that industry.

Not only did I get the luxury of laying in dirt, cat crap and dead animals, but I got to breathe asbestos and fiberglass and do it 10 hours a day.

To top it all of, I was working for my dad. -Which was incredibly terrible in its self since it wasn't a very good household.

I worked at Roy Rogers. :(

Not only was it humiliating to have to wear that apron and cowboy hat, but I was the only guy there that had to work at the register where you had to greet the customers! All the other guys were making burgers, flippin fries or cleaning the dishes. And every week they came up with a new greeting we had to say to EVERY customer that came to your register. "Welcome to Roy's, Partner, what can we rustle up for you?"

And yes, we did spit in your burger.

I got tired of this job, so I quit last week. :D

I have to say that his job that I am at is the worst !! I feel like I am in the 3rd grade... I have worked for Allstate for 7 yrs but you can change offices so I did 9 mths ago and it was the worst decision of my career !!

Originally posted by jimnyc

Not only was it humiliating to have to wear that apron and cowboy hat, but I was the only guy there that had to work at the register where you had to greet the customers! All the other guys were making burgers, flippin fries or cleaning the dishes. And every week they came up with a new greeting we had to say to EVERY customer that came to your register. "Welcome to Roy's, Partner, what can we rustle up for you?"

i can just picture that...lol

I didn't really have any bad jobs. I've been a papergirl, worked in a dog kennel, Casual Corner, 2 grocery stores, municipal governments, as a headhunter and a real estate developer. There have been a few bad incidents.

1. When I worked at Casual Corner we had this customer who smelled awful. She would try on outfit after outfit...stinking up every one. She normally only bought a blouse or skirt...we ended up throwing away tons of clothes.

2. Worked as a cashier in a grocery store...not really bad incidents so much as watching food stamp after food stamp being used by people with cars better than mine, buying steaks and wine & beer whilst I ate mac & cheese night after night. And I worked.

3. Cleaned professors' houses in college...one guy had the playboy pad. He was famous for leaving open playboys/penthouses on his bed on my day there. He also left his used ones and toys all over too, expecting me to clean them up. If my textbooks hadn't cost $70 each sometimes I'd have quit for sure.

4. One year we did a housing complex ... grand opening, the toilet explodes sewage everywhere. With reporters, government officials and my company big wigs, I was there on my hands and knees cleaning. Couldn't take time to run home for change of clothes so I stripped off my clothes and cleaned in the nude. Hopped in the shower afterwards, got dressed and greeted the press.

Geesh, thanks for bringing up those memories!

Seriously, if it don't kill ya, it only makes ya stronger.

Originally posted by jimnyc

When you quit did you bang on the bathroom door and yell "hope that was one hell of a piss Arnold!" ? :D

Originally posted by MtnBiker
When you quit did you bang on the bathroom door and yell "hope that was one hell of a piss Arnold!" ? :D

"I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass!"

My all time favorite flick!

Originally posted by NewGuy
I did a little air conditioning/ heating duct work for my dad when he owned a company in that industry.

Not only did I get the luxury of laying in dirt, cat crap and dead animals, but I got to breathe asbestos and fiberglass and do it 10 hours a day.

To top it all of, I was working for my dad. -Which was incredibly terrible in its self since it wasn't a very good household.
I did almost the exact same thing for my dad as a teenage, except it was replacing fiberglass insulation in the belly of mobile homes after there was a fire. Holy crap was that a mess, cat crap, bugs, dead stuff, mud, wet burnt insulation all while I was in a 3' crawl space.

Originally posted by Moi
2. Worked as a cashier in a grocery store...not really bad incidents so much as watching food stamp after food stamp being used by people with cars better than mine, buying steaks and wine & beer whilst I ate mac & cheese night after night. And I worked.

I worked at a Bingo Hall (I could go on forever about that place) while in college, and the people in there were unreal. I overheard this one girl say to her friend "I hope I win, this is the last of my cheque." the other girl responded by saying "me too, I need diapers"!! Maybe they weren't on welfare, but I'd have to be hard pressed before I'd spend my daughters diaper money. One of the girls did wind up winning, she stayed for the next session. Then there was this other couple..........

too fucking funny.... :rotflmao: :laugh: :clap:
thats almsot as bad as someone who doesnt know what your doing checking your work like they knew what they were doing...lol my moms a good one for that

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Quoted
" you stupid fu@$er, I thought you knew what you were doing! Now I have to spend another two Fu$#ing dollars to drive your sorry ass back to the store!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever see the movie better off dead? I swear I have nightmares of Jim coming after me chanting "I want my two dollars" on the bicycle and all!

That's right, you bastard! I'm holding you to a 25 year install warranty too! Should I have any problems in that time your sorry ass better get back up here and fix it! :finger:

Forum List

Back