Your timing is exquisite, Mr. Norquist

Norquist meets privately with GOP to reinforce anti-tax pledge - latimes.com

And some Republicans have grown weary of the pledge -- saying they want more options in handling the nation's tough budgetary matters.

Even before Norquist, the feisty president of Americans for Tax Reform, set foot on the Hill on Thursday, a top Democrat, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, offered a prebuttal to the visit.

"All of you should know that the most powerful man in Washington will be visiting Congress this coming Thursday, and it's not Bryce Harper," Reid said earlier in the week, invoking the Washington Nationals' new star slugger, a fellow Nevadan.

"It's Grover Norquist," Reid said. "Grover Norquist is the only Republican leader who can truthfully say he has the entire Republican Party in the palm of his hand. ... So if you want to know what the Republican position is on any of the enormous economic challenges facing this country, don't waste your time asking Governor Romney, Speaker Boehner or Senator McConnell. Just ask Grover."

Reid was referring to the GOP leaders -- Mitt Romney, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, House Speaker John A. Boehner and Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader.

Norquist's meeting with a gathering of House Republicans was private.

Private, huh? I wonder why.

How many times did you Bitch when Pelosi and Reed Held Private meetings about Major Policy issues?

lol

Yeah, and Pelosi and Reid arent members of Congress either, Just like Norquist! Nanana boo boo

Really? Were rocks involved?

Remember when all the Republican candidates said they wouldn't even raise taxes $1 even if it meant that there would be $10 in spending cuts? Yeeeeaaaaah. That was because they signed Grover's pledge.

What would've happened had they broke their pledge? I know HW Bush broke his no new taxes and got canned.

Dunno. There's not one full set of balls among them. ALTHOUGH: They are starting to rebel.

And some Republicans have grown weary of the pledge -- saying they want more options in handling the nation's tough budgetary matters.

Even before Norquist, the feisty president of Americans for Tax Reform, set foot on the Hill on Thursday, a top Democrat, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, offered a prebuttal to the visit.

"All of you should know that the most powerful man in Washington will be visiting Congress this coming Thursday, and it's not Bryce Harper," Reid said earlier in the week, invoking the Washington Nationals' new star slugger, a fellow Nevadan.

"It's Grover Norquist," Reid said. "Grover Norquist is the only Republican leader who can truthfully say he has the entire Republican Party in the palm of his hand. ... So if you want to know what the Republican position is on any of the enormous economic challenges facing this country, don't waste your time asking Governor Romney, Speaker Boehner or Senator McConnell. Just ask Grover."

Reid was referring to the GOP leaders -- Mitt Romney, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, House Speaker John A. Boehner and Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader.

Private, Huh? I wonder why.
Private, Huh? I wonder why.

The GOP members didn't want any pictures taken of them kissing Grover's ring. Or perhaps it wasn't his ring.

I would like to see them all groveling at his feet. All Grover Norquist does is remind Republicans why their constituents sent them to Congress. If they don't like it, tough. The voters can find someone else who is more compliant.

Really? Were rocks involved?

Remember when all the Republican candidates said they wouldn't even raise taxes $1 even if it meant that there would be $10 in spending cuts? Yeeeeaaaaah. That was because they signed Grover's pledge.

Yep, they have had to swear off falling for the sucker deal. The tax increases are immediate and the spending cuts are far off in the future. To many gullible Republicans have fallen for that scam in the past.

As the country falls apart because of too low taxes, especially on the bloated rich- and the non rich have no money to spend. Myopic loudmouth charlatan morons everywhere. Pub dupes!

The problem is that they refuse to raise taxes for any reason then next year they say "The deficit is getting...bigger? WTH?" It's like stepping on a bug then being surprised that it died afterwards

The problem is that they refuse to raise taxes for any reason then next year they say "The deficit is getting...bigger? WTH?" It's like stepping on a bug then being surprised that it died afterwards

The deficit is growing because of liberal social programs, especially Obama's spending spree. Taxes aren't the problem.

Democrats don't have private meetings? Okay....

More importantly, are you one of those people that think it would be possible to cover the deficit with a tax rate increase on "wealthy" people?

We spend: $3.6 trillion
We collect: $2.3 trillion

You think we can raised tax rates and collect another $1.3 trillion? Hint: no frickin' way.

Therefore, what's the point of wanting to raise taxes?

More importantly, are you one of those people that think it would be possible to cover the deficit with a tax rate increase on "wealthy" people?

You think we can raised tax rates and collect another $1.3 trillion? Hint: no frickin' way.

So we can spend more then borrow more from China, of course!

DUH!!

:lol:

So we can spend more then borrow more from China, of course!

DUH!!

:lol:

But of course! :eusa_whistle:

Give up on posting your own thoughts and opinions Boop?

One question though. Did it bother you when dems bribed each other with OUR MONEY behind closed doors during the healthcare debacle?

she has a major hardon for old Grover.
now if this was Soros meething with Democrats? we'd hear silence

The congressional oath office states "that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter"

Any congress person who has taken the Norquist oath is in violation of their congressional oath and should be removed from office.

The congressional oath office states "that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter"

Any congress person who has taken the Norquist oath is in violation of their congressional oath and should be removed from office.

it's not a oath, it's a pledge,

good grief

Forum List

Back