Your thoughts on what the hell North Korea is doing

The crazy fat kid appears to be ramping up: Inside North Korea’s Accelerated Plan to Build a Viable Missile
Does anyone want to guess what he and the North Korean government are thinking? Are they so isolated that they don't understand the world will have to squash them? Fairly soon?
IMO, Kim's main objective is to distract the NK people from their misery. What we can't have happen is for him to distract us from the reality that he doesn't have as much power as he or the scaremongers would have us believe.

Your thoughts on what the hell North Korea is doing

Saber rattling.....same thing they have been doing for 60 years

The crazy fat kid appears to be ramping up: Inside North Korea’s Accelerated Plan to Build a Viable Missile

Does anyone want to guess what he and the North Korean government are thinking?

Are they so isolated that they don't understand the world will have to squash them? Fairly soon?

:wtf:
You think anyone tells the crazy fat kid anything except yes sir? The man lives in a bubble world. He is the pinnacle of leftism, believing his own delusional dreams of running the world.

All Kim the Third wants to do is maintain the Status Quo. So his best bet is to appear mildly nutters, keep China, South Korea, the US and Japan bickering over how to deal with him, and try not to starve too many of his own people.

It's worked for his grandfather and dad, and seems to be working for him so far. The problem is no one really knows where the lines are, and it's not just one line, because each Country has their own.
I do wonder if things have deteriorated internally to the point where they're desperate, and they think this is the only way to (a) blackmail the world into working with them, and (b) maintain their power.

Of course, I'm trying to think rationally, and that may not be the right approach with these guys.
This is a game of chicken and rationale has nothing to do with it.

It has its own rationale. We shouldn't assume Kim the Third is actually crazy, nor should we discount it, but just because an action isn't rational by our standards doesn't mean the other guy isn't rational by their own standards.

Japan didn't get into World War II with the intention of losing, they had a plan, the problem was it was a bad one, in retrospect.
If Trump had any balls, he'd nuke NK.

how_about_no_evil.jpg
Poossy. :D

Are they so isolated that they don't understand the world will have to squash them? Fairly soon?

Since I am not in nkrea, and really can only go by what the media claims, I really don't know much other than it is said they want to nuke us and they like to shoot missiles into the ocean. What is it that could make them hate the ocean so much, and why hasn't the ocean retaliated? Also, if these claims are true and they do want to nuke us, Are we going to wait until they decide nuking the ocean is not the way to go about it?

Actually, it appears that NK now has a submarine capable of launching a missile from under water. If true, then right now today, they already have the capability to come within 400 miles of our shore and hit us (international waters), or closer, hit us 400 miles inland from the ocean. All they need now is a nuclear tip.

Since I am not in nkrea, and really can only go by what the media claims, I really don't know much other than it is said they want to nuke us and they like to shoot missiles into the ocean. What is it that could make them hate the ocean so much, and why hasn't the ocean retaliated? Also, if these claims are true and they do want to nuke us, Are we going to wait until they decide nuking the ocean is not the way to go about it?

Actually, it appears that NK now has a submarine capable of launching a missile from under water. If true, then right now today, they already have the capability to come within 400 miles of our shore and hit us (international waters), or closer, hit us 400 miles inland from the ocean. All they need now is a nuclear tip.

I'll believe it when I see it

The Soviet Union was doing to the world what North Korea is doing now, times about a hundred, for seventy five years.

Then they met Reagan and where are they now?

Once Kim Jong Un meets President Trump, where will he be then??

Eight years from now?

Kim will be in power and the Newly Elected Democratic President will give in to his demands as usual...

Also you forget Gorbachev had a lot to do with the fall of the former U.S.S.R. but don't kid yourself to think Russia is not the same threat it was when it was the U.S.S.R. because Putin is also a threat and is part of the reason why North Korea does not care what the United States of America will do...

Oh so only dead Americans will convince you?
Nice.

Oh so only dead Americans will convince you?
Nice.

N Korea has only obsolete diesel subs which have to travel mostly on the surface making them best suited for coastal defense. A journey of that distance would be easy to detect
They would also need to develop a Polaris type missile as well as a sub based warhead...of which they have neither

The Soviet Union was doing to the world what North Korea is doing now, times about a hundred, for seventy five years.

Eight years from now?

Kim will be in power and the Newly Elected Democratic President will give in to his demands as usual...

Also you forget Gorbachev had a lot to do with the fall of the former U.S.S.R. but don't kid yourself to think Russia is not the same threat it was when it was the U.S.S.R. because Putin is also a threat and is part of the reason why North Korea does not care what the United States of America will do...

Eight years from now?

Depending on how Kim behaves it may not be eight years before he meets President Trump, literally and/or symbolically.

Long before that there may be a North Korean Gorbachev appearing. After all who would have thought about "glasnost" and "perestroyka" under Brezhnev?

History repeats itself. Pyongyang may be the new Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Kim Jong Oon is tempting DJ Trump to make a move.

He is also embarrassing Xi in China.

He may also want an excuse for invading S.Korea as well.

If I were Trump I would alert S.Korea that we are about to attack the North with a retaliatory missile strike. Hopefully he has already done so.

Then once the S.Koreans have mobilized in defense, strike N.Korea with missiles.

Best time to attack is after midnight in N.Korea with the fat boy is in bed with his harem of girlies.

If I were Trump I would alert S.Korea that we are about to attack the North with a retaliatory missile strike. Hopefully he has already done so.

Then once the S.Koreans have mobilized in defense, strike N.Korea with missiles.

Best time to attack is after midnight in N.Korea with the fat boy is in bed with his harem of girlies.
South Korea just got a new leader..I doubt anything happens soon..

South Korea just got a new leader..I doubt anything happens soon..
It only takes a couple of weeks to mobilize your reserves and deploy your active duty military.

Does not take a seasoned politician.

Forum List

Back