Your thoughts on what the hell North Korea is doing

The crazy fat kid appears to be ramping up: Inside North Korea’s Accelerated Plan to Build a Viable Missile

Does anyone want to guess what he and the North Korean government are thinking?

Are they so isolated that they don't understand the world will have to squash them? Fairly soon?

:wtf:

All Kim the Third wants to do is maintain the Status Quo. So his best bet is to appear mildly nutters, keep China, South Korea, the US and Japan bickering over how to deal with him, and try not to starve too many of his own people.

It's worked for his grandfather and dad, and seems to be working for him so far. The problem is no one really knows where the lines are, and it's not just one line, because each Country has their own.

The crazy fat kid appears to be ramping up: Inside North Korea’s Accelerated Plan to Build a Viable Missile

Are they so isolated that they don't understand the world will have to squash them? Fairly soon?

All Kim the Third wants to do is maintain the Status Quo. So his best bet is to appear mildly nutters, keep China, South Korea, the US and Japan bickering over how to deal with him, and try not to starve too many of his own people.

It's worked for his grandfather and dad, and seems to be working for him so far. The problem is no one really knows where the lines are, and it's not just one line, because each Country has their own.
I do wonder if things have deteriorated internally to the point where they're desperate, and they think this is the only way to (a) blackmail the world into working with them, and (b) maintain their power.

Of course, I'm trying to think rationally, and that may not be the right approach with these guys.

China is in the biggest danger as any attack would put troop increases at their door plus they would be putting China economic power in a crippled position.

I do wonder if things have deteriorated internally to the point where they're desperate, and they think this is the only way to (a) blackmail the world into working with them, and (b) maintain their power.

Of course, I'm trying to think rationally, and that may not be the right approach with these guys.

The issue hinges on if Kim the Third really buys into the whole cult of personality about him, or just sees it as a means to the end of keeping and holding power.

One also has to remember that being an American, with our polyglot of cultures and ethnicity does not really prepare us for understanding such a homogeneous place as North Korea. It's easier to rally a people to an "Us vs. Them" state of fervor when the "Us" is so uniform culturally and after so many decades, politically.

This is a game of chicken and rationale has nothing to do with it.

China is in the biggest danger as any attack would put troop increases at their door plus they would be putting China economic power in a crippled position.

They have the most boots on the ground, but not in the general area. China would have to mobilize for weeks to get the 2-3 field armies on the border needed to invade if they were pushed for it.

South Korea actually has a more viable strike option if warranted, but they also have one of the most fortified borders in all of creation to go through/over/around.

Okay, then what is their reason for starting a game of chicken, when doing so puts their very existence at stake?

It has its own rationale. We shouldn't assume Kim the Third is actually crazy, nor should we discount it, but just because an action isn't rational by our standards doesn't mean the other guy isn't rational by their own standards.

Japan didn't get into World War II with the intention of losing, they had a plan, the problem was it was a bad one, in retrospect.

It has its own rationale. We shouldn't assume Kim the Third is actually crazy, nor should we discount it, but just because an action isn't rational by our standards doesn't mean the other guy isn't rational by their own standards.

Japan didn't get into World War II with the intention of losing, they had a plan, the problem was it was a bad one, in retrospect.
If Trump had any balls, he'd nuke NK.

If Trump had any balls, he'd nuke NK.

how_about_no_evil.jpg

Fat Boy and his regime in NK has always been about thick propaganda. Their entire culture is based on brainwashing. Everything they do within the country is about image. Everything they do without is about image. They blast propaganda 24/7 on loudspeakers across the border into S. Korea. They are like a little barking dog. They are so full of bull that they themselves have come to believe it. They have bluffed the nations of the world for decades and we have allowed them to get to where they are now, becoming a real, serious threat. If it were up to me, I would have already turned Pyongyang into a city of glass beads on that day all the heads were there having their big "celebration." Let them suck on that.

Since I am not in nkrea, and really can only go by what the media claims, I really don't know much other than it is said they want to nuke us and they like to shoot missiles into the ocean. What is it that could make them hate the ocean so much, and why hasn't the ocean retaliated? Also, if these claims are true and they do want to nuke us, Are we going to wait until they decide nuking the ocean is not the way to go about it?

What they are thinking is China and Russia will have their back along with Iran.

As long as China and Russia keep on protecting that failed dictatorship the government of North Korea will keep on playing this game.

Soon the United States of America will have to step up and slap the fat kid in Ninja PJ's but will also have to worry what China reaction will be and if the U.S. can win a war against China, Russia and Iran?

Since I am not in nkrea, and really can only go by what the media claims, I really don't know much other than it is said they want to nuke us and they like to shoot missiles into the ocean. What is it that could make them hate the ocean so much, and why hasn't the ocean retaliated? Also, if these claims are true and they do want to nuke us, Are we going to wait until they decide nuking the ocean is not the way to go about it?

Kim got upset when his dad told him he could not be the Little Mermaid for Halloween...

It is the best reason why he hate the Ocean or were you in your Mermaid outfit and taunting the Dictator in Ninja PJ's?

The Soviet Union was doing to the world what North Korea is doing now, times about a hundred, for seventy five years.

Then they met Reagan and where are they now?

Once Kim Jong Un meets President Trump, where will he be then??

Forum List

Back