Your Political 3 Wishes.. (2)

Ooooh! So many wishes, so little time...

1. The current tax system be abolished and then we adopt a Fair Tax, ala Neil Boortz's proposal. It's really cool, since rich people buy more stuff, they automatically pay more taxes. People with less money, not so much...

2. The Electoral College becomes history. With today's technology, one person-one vote. Each registered taxpayer recieves a one-time-good use PIN and must provide positive ID at a certified polling place where appropriate technology is made available.

3. The way people campaign for office changes. First, no more can be spent than the value of that office, i.e. if the salary per year is $100,000 and the term of service is four years, the candidate is limited to $400,000 to run. Second, campaign contributions can only be taken from verifiable residents of the district/area that will be represented while in office. Third, no one holding a law degree may campaign for any office that is not directly related to the judiciary system, i.e. a lawyer can run for country judge. Finally, any and all laws will apply to everyone. That would mean that if Congress decides to inflict Social Security taxes as a retirement program, they cannot exempt themselves. If the "common" man has no choice, neither do they.

Lots of other wishes, but I think these would be pretty close to the top of my list to turn this country around.

1. Campagin Finance Reform with full disclousure of the name and amount of all contributors;

2. An Amendment to the Constitution making number 1 safe from an activist Supreme Court;

3. Universal Preventative Health Care for all American Citizens.

I'm thinking this thread is how Congress works..or rather doesn't work...:eusa_whistle:

A pretty universal wish, it appears, is to get the money out of politics. Nobody likes bought legislators. If it is something we all want, why is it that We the People don't seem to have the power to stop it?

A pretty universal wish, it appears, is to get the money out of politics. Nobody likes bought legislators. If it is something we all want, why is it that We the People don't seem to have the power to stop it?

because it is and has been the natural order of things

We do. We just have to stop voting for career politicians and replace them with people who will represent their constituents honestly and with integrity. The problem is that people like you won't do that. You will keep voting for your own party no matter what the evidence of corruption.

1. The current tax system be abolished and then we adopt a Fair Tax, ala Neil Boortz's proposal. It's really cool, since rich people buy more stuff, they automatically pay more taxes. People with less money, not so much...

2. The Electoral College becomes history. With today's technology, one person-one vote. Each registered taxpayer recieves a one-time-good use PIN and must provide positive ID at a certified polling place where appropriate technology is made available.

3. The way people campaign for office changes. First, no more can be spent than the value of that office, i.e. if the salary per year is $100,000 and the term of service is four years, the candidate is limited to $400,000 to run. Second, campaign contributions can only be taken from verifiable residents of the district/area that will be represented while in office. Third, no one holding a law degree may campaign for any office that is not directly related to the judiciary system, i.e. a lawyer can run for country judge. Finally, any and all laws will apply to everyone. That would mean that if Congress decides to inflict Social Security taxes as a retirement program, they cannot exempt themselves. If the "common" man has no choice, neither do they.

Lots of other wishes, but I think these would be pretty close to the top of my list to turn this country around.

With you 100% on 2 and 3.

The Republicans keep the house
The Republicans take the Senate
The Republicans make Obama a one term president

And in addition:

I would hope the Rubublicans would have strong libertarian-leanings.

I would hope for a balanced budget.

I would hope for lower corporate taxes and lifted regulations on businesses, so they could stay in and thrive right here, in America, creating JOBS for those who still want them.

I would have one wish for Americans.

That you stop believing the bullshit you're fed. These people - the ones y'all keep electing....they do not give a shit about you. They care only about power and money. Face that fact and stop electing corrupt bastards. Fucking sheep electing fucking wolves.

That is the closest I've ever seen you come to sounding like an OWS protester.:clap2:

Congrats, keep going, thinking for yourself is a great thing. Turn off FOX news, stop reading the Wall Street Journal, give it a few days and you wqon't believe how much better you feel.

The part where you said, "they do not give a shit about you. They care only about power and money. Face that fact and stop electing corrupt bastards." is spot on. Just keep following the logic and you;ll be just fine. Again, good for you.:eusa_angel:

Again, for the terminally stupid kid (that's you):

1. I do not even get Fox News so watching it is a tad tricky. Idiot.

2. I rarely read the WSJ - unless they are publishing something that impacts on my job - in which case I do read it.... along with the Washington Post and a variety of other 'left leaning' outlets.

3. I don't 'sound like OWS', they sound like me... because I've been saying it for fucking years.

4. You are a fucking idiot. Please don't 'thank' me. I don't need thanks from fucking sheep.

And...

5. I have always thought for myself. I was raised that way. Pity that more Americans are not.

[1.]A constitutional mandate that a Constitutional convention would be held every 36 to 50 years whereby the technology that has revolutionized the world would be adopted into the document and the arcane, the obsolete, and the frankly impractical would be written out or amended. The first re-writing would include:

• An amendment that banned most types of firearms. Nobody needs an MP9. This is just common sense
  • An amendment that sets out totally non-geographic congressional districts decided by either zip codes or area codes within a state. If you have 10 representatives in Congress and your state has 80 zip codes, each representative gets assigned 8 zip codes at random with each election that he or she wins. So what group of Ohioans you represent from 2012 to 2014 is different than the group of Ohioans you represent from 2014-2016 (you may have a few repeat zip codes but you won't get all ten that you had again)..
  • An amendment by where Presidential elections are totally paid for by the government. If speical interests wish to air political ads and stations choose to run them, they then must offer, free of charge, the same exact time to opposition viewpoints. If Planned Parenthood wants to fund a 3 minute ad attacking the GOP and runs it on MSNBC, then MSNBC must run an opposing 3 minute ad the same time slot on a following day. Absolutely no advertisements would be held the Monday prior to the day of the election.
  • Quadrinneal elections would be held from Midnight of the first Tuesday after April 15 to the Midnight of the following Tuesday. In other words, a one week quadrinneal election. This would allow time to address any instances of voter fraud, intimidation, and allow for any technicalities.
  • Constitutional amendments dictating the terms for all Presidential debates to include all persons who have legitimate shots at winning the election. No fewer than 6 debates where the first part is moderated, the 2nd part is Lincoln Douglas style
  • Total revamp of the Electoral College by where the winner must win BOTH the popular and electoral votes.

[2.]Political primaries for President that are held in blocks of states. This would allow true national competition. That Iowa and New Hampshire have such a disproportional say in the elections of our President is absurd on every level. I would divide it up by the twelve Federal Reserve geographical districts so that you have 6-8 election days over a few month's time so candidates can focus on those states; not a single state.

[3.]Total penal code reform. Standardized punishments for the same crimes throughout the nation. Automatic review of any proceeding that ends in prison time regardless of the condemn's ability to pay for it. An audit of every prison in every state to make sure that minimum standards are kept. Total removal of all prison skill/work programs (I saw a stat that it costs more to send a person to prison than it costs to send a student to most colleges). Total removal of restricted visits to all but those prisoners who may endanger national security. If someone gets a visitor every day, they should get to see their visitor every day. Who the hell does this hurt? I think we all agree that prisons are a good idea but unnecessary hazing of inmates is simply a devaluation of our collective humanity.

[4.] That Les Miles is written in for President by 300,000,000 people.

I like a lot of those proposals. I disagree that since the "rich buy more stuff" they pay more. They often buy better stuff so they pay a one time tax where as that Ford Focus I buy will have to be replaced in 30 days with another car whereas that Bentley that Daddy Moneybags buys will last a few decades. (LOL)

102.jpg

1. Congress stops the bullshit
2. Both sides learn to compromise

3. Um.....um.......someone help me here?.......I forgot the third one

Your post is a bit lengthy, so I will parse in order to best address each point. Begging your pardon...

[1.]A constitutional mandate that a Constitutional convention would be held every 36 to 50 years whereby the technology that has revolutionized the world would be adopted into the document and the arcane, the obsolete, and the frankly impractical would be written out or amended. The first re-writing would include:

• An amendment that banned most types of firearms. Nobody needs an MP9. This is just common sense
    The fact that we are a well-armed constituency is probably the biggest single reason we have not be completely converted to the type of government system that has repeatedly failed. It's the reason why attacks on us, in our territory, have been few and far between. I suspect that it will be the only thing that ultimately stands between a free country and complete anarchy.
  • An amendment that sets out totally non-geographic congressional districts decided by either zip codes or area codes within a state. If you have 10 representatives in Congress and your state has 80 zip codes, each representative gets assigned 8 zip codes at random with each election that he or she wins. So what group of Ohioans you represent from 2012 to 2014 is different than the group of Ohioans you represent from 2014-2016 (you may have a few repeat zip codes but you won't get all ten that you had again).
    I think we should leave how the states apportion their voting districts to the states themselves. For state and local elections, each state should be in control. For national-level elections, there should be one designated date allocated to vote for that office.
  • An amendment by where Presidential elections are totally paid for by the government. If speical interests wish to air political ads and stations choose to run them, they then must offer, free of charge, the same exact time to opposition viewpoints. If Planned Parenthood wants to fund a 3 minute ad attacking the GOP and runs it on MSNBC, then MSNBC must run an opposing 3 minute ad the same time slot on a following day. Absolutely no advertisements would be held the Monday prior to the day of the election.
    This is a bit tricky. I don't believe that government should be involved in funding elections. I did mention earlier a way that would address the amount of funds used to campaign for any office. I'd like to add that any monies contributed to a candidate revert to a fund held in trust for the district/area represented. Such funds could be spent according the wishes of the electorate represented. Mandating that providers of advertising venues must provide "free equal" time to all comers is also tricky. That's basically undercutting a private business' ability to earn money. I would like limitations on advertising prior to voting, too.
  • Quadrinneal elections would be held from Midnight of the first Tuesday after April 15 to the Midnight of the following Tuesday. In other words, a one week quadrinneal election. This would allow time to address any instances of voter fraud, intimidation, and allow for any technicalities.
    I like the idea of providing a longer period or a week to accomodate all the various needs of voters.
  • Constitutional amendments dictating the terms for all Presidential debates to include all persons who have legitimate shots at winning the election. No fewer than 6 debates where the first part is moderated, the 2nd part is Lincoln Douglas style
    I really don't see what a Constitutional amendment would do to improve debates? Could you further elaborate?
  • Total revamp of the Electoral College by where the winner must win BOTH the popular and electoral votes.
    I'm with you on this one. Let's just totally eliminate the Electoral College. Either that, or break up the all-or-none version of casting the electoral votes. Originally, the representative sent to the Electoral Convention cast his vote as his constituents had cast theirs. Somewhere we lost our way and now every electoral vote is cast as the majority in the state have been cast. If you look at the electoral maps from previous elections, you will see a very clear distinction between the blue-red districts. Blue tends to be urban, red, rural.

[2.]Political primaries for President that are held in blocks of states. This would allow true national competition. That Iowa and New Hampshire have such a disproportional say in the elections of our President is absurd on every level. I would divide it up by the twelve Federal Reserve geographical districts so that you have 6-8 election days over a few month's time so candidates can focus on those states; not a single state.

Let's just have primary elections all at the same time? State elections can be any time the states want to have them, but federal elections will be decided by the fed. Like you, I am sick of seeing candidates pandering to some electorates while totally ignoring others.

[3.]Total penal code reform. Standardized punishments for the same crimes throughout the nation. Automatic review of any proceeding that ends in prison time regardless of the condemn's ability to pay for it. An audit of every prison in every state to make sure that minimum standards are kept. Total removal of all prison skill/work programs (I saw a stat that it costs more to send a person to prison than it costs to send a student to most colleges). Total removal of restricted visits to all but those prisoners who may endanger national security. If someone gets a visitor every day, they should get to see their visitor every day. Who the hell does this hurt? I think we all agree that prisons are a good idea but unnecessary hazing of inmates is simply a devaluation of our collective humanity.
I haven't given much recent consideration to this issue, so will remain mute at this time.

[4.] That Les Miles is written in for President by 300,000,000 people.

Forum List

Back