Zone1 Your Ideal Place To Live: Region, Home Style, Surrounding, Etc.

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
If $10 Million dollars landed in your lap today, would you move? If so, where would you move to and why? What, in your opinion, are the perfect living conditions?

I would move to a mountainous region. I'd have a substantially built log cabin with plenty of room, but not massive. I would have a large greenhouse to grow heirloom vegetables and herbs. It would be off grid with a large solar power system and an oversized battery bank. Large kitchen (indoors) and an outdoor kitchen with a giant BBQ pit.

I would raise chickens and goats for food (eggs, meat, milk). It would be a natural water source (lake, river, large pond, stream, etc.) where I could fish. Plenty of deer and other game around to hunt.

I'd have a covered porch where I could sit outside and enjoy nature. There would be wind chimes all over the place as well as hummingbird feeders and plenty of seeds for the squirrels and other birds. I would want to be at least 50 miles from the nearest town, and that town could only have a population of no more than 10,000. I would be hundreds of miles from any big city.

I'd have a decent 4WD pickup; a backhoe; a skid steer; plenty of guns and ammo; and a satellite system that gave me the opportunity to put my Xbox Series X to good use.

I would live happily ever after.

Difficult to say. I'd strongly consider Texss for sure. Buy a slightly above average sized home in the nicest community where I could afford to pay the home off completely. Relax, star gaze and watch nature.

Your Ideal Place To Live: Region, Home Style, Surrounding, Etc.​

IMO, the best place to build a home and live would be at the head of the Potomac River. Right where DC is. I've determined this area is the most wasted real estate in the country and I would buy the property, evict everyone there and bulldoze the place, except for a few nice buildings, monuments and the Smithsonian.

Then I would build nice homes there, a shopping mall, a plaza of movie theaters, then sell the homes cheaply to others, subsidized by all the billions saved in government waste and that which used to go paying rich politicians which return absolutely NOTHING for the money paid them.

Being older and single I have to stay close to needed services. I do like to vacation in the 'nort' woods however. So peaceful.
There are cities with top ranked medical care that aren't cities with pro sports teams.

If $10 Million dollars landed in your lap today, would you move? If so, where would you move to and why? What, in your opinion, are the perfect living conditions?

I would move to a mountainous region. I'd have a substantially built log cabin with plenty of room, but not massive. I would have a large greenhouse to grow heirloom vegetables and herbs. It would be off grid with a large solar power system and an oversized battery bank. Large kitchen (indoors) and an outdoor kitchen with a giant BBQ pit.

I would raise chickens and goats for food (eggs, meat, milk). It would be a natural water source (lake, river, large pond, stream, etc.) where I could fish. Plenty of deer and other game around to hunt.

I'd have a covered porch where I could sit outside and enjoy nature. There would be wind chimes all over the place as well as hummingbird feeders and plenty of seeds for the squirrels and other birds. I would want to be at least 50 miles from the nearest town, and that town could only have a population of no more than 10,000. I would be hundreds of miles from any big city.

I'd have a decent 4WD pickup; a backhoe; a skid steer; plenty of guns and ammo; and a satellite system that gave me the opportunity to put my Xbox Series X to good use.

I had all those things mentioned most of my life until my health problems and had to sell out. I hope you make it. :thup:

Would have been the Crestline/Arrowhead area for me....But that was a long time ago.
Shopping in Crestline appears to be a bit of a challenge this spring.

---Crestline market roof collapses from snow---

Holy crap man... we must be brothers.
That is very close to what I would do myself.

A 1400-1600 sq ft cabin in the hills of S Carolina on a piece of landlocked property only accessible y helicopter. 40-50 acres with supplies dropped in on a monthly basis. No other human rings around.
Alien rings okay?
094e1746f73d1109cfb5c4b403d39d1b--crop-circles-labyrinth.jpg

Forum List

Back