Your Green Future

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Govts conducting witch hunts to punish "offenders" of their dogma. For your consideration, Hermosa Beach, California. Carbon neutrality means punishing you for using a car, which will hurt local business'. Force you to switch from nat gas appliances and heating to electric and of course solar panels and wind mills...lots of em. Now tell me if I'm wrong US carbon emissions continue to fall due to wider use of nat gas which is more efficient than elec is it not. Turn stove burner boom you are at temp right now while elec has to heat up. As for price think they left some zeros off since one windmill costs more than that unless that price is per business.
One more thing, since our power grid is getting stretched alrdy, is really wise to dump more unnecessary demand on it. CA will also be shuttering their nukes and throw crazy Gov Brown in the mix you got a good start on an economic apocalypse.
The Green Guillotine - California Political Review
Hermosa Beach’s green political activists also know eliminating residents’ demand for carbon is only half the battle; they must also cut-off the supply. Like the DEA dusting Colombia’s coca fields with herbicides to stem the production of cocaine, Hermosa Beach’s politicians will choke-off the supply of climate-killing carbon through “Community Choice Aggregation.” This is a state-approved plan that allows cities to create a municipal utility to purchase and sell energy from green sources. In other words, when Hermosa residents fire-up their new electric stoves the power will come from solar panels and wind turbines. Some estimate the set-up cost could be as much as $1,000,000. Residents and businesses will automatically become customers of the new utility unless they choose to “opt out.”

Very good information............

In several states in the US, we have suckers who have essentially voted for this shit......and that's the ruse here. People in Spain and Germany found out the hard way after embracing these green schemes but never considering the costs associated with them. When they did their heads exploded when they started getting their electric bills.........too late. The fucking politicians sell the dopes of the world on the after its all been built cost.....as if the utility is going to eat that cost and the cost of building transmission lines. These people are scheisters.

When people get educated about renewables energy, they cant run fast enough away from it. Unfortunately, that education comes in the form of an enormous electric bill after the shit is already built.:coffee:

Texas City Leads The Way On Renewable Energy

SHAPIRO: Mayor Ross wears a lapel pin from Trump's inauguration. He's sitting on a park bench in Georgetown's historic town square.

ROSS: You know, it is the greatest city on planet Earth.

ROSS: So I think people all over the country wonder, how is it that such a red city like Georgetown, such a conservative place, was one of the first cities in the country to be powered 100 percent by renewable energy?

ROSS: You know, because it's our love of green - green rectangles and green energy.

SHAPIRO: (Laughter) Green rectangles meaning dollar bills.

ROSS: Yes, so - yeah, if you got an Andrew Jackson or a Benjamin Franklin on - well, I prefer, you know - Benjamin Franklin's my favorite. But really with the first and foremost, it was a business decision.

SHAPIRO: When the old power contract was up in 2012, Georgetown city managers sat down to look at their options. They realized that wind and solar power are more predictable. The prices don't swing up and down like oil and gas. So the city can sign a contract today and know what the bill is going to be for the next 25 years. That's especially appealing in a place like Georgetown where a lot of retirees live on fixed incomes.

We're driving up to this municipal building in Georgetown, Texas, and the roof is covered in solar panels.

3 American cities that use 100% renewable energy — and 7 that plan to join them within 20 years

3 American cities that use 100% renewable energy — and 7 that plan to join them within 20 years

Just the beginning.

SHAPIRO: Mayor Ross wears a lapel pin from Trump's inauguration. He's sitting on a park bench in Georgetown's historic town square.

ROSS: So I think people all over the country wonder, how is it that such a red city like Georgetown, such a conservative place, was one of the first cities in the country to be powered 100 percent by renewable energy?

ROSS: You know, because it's our love of green - green rectangles and green energy.

ROSS: Yes, so - yeah, if you got an Andrew Jackson or a Benjamin Franklin on - well, I prefer, you know - Benjamin Franklin's my favorite. But really with the first and foremost, it was a business decision.

SHAPIRO: When the old power contract was up in 2012, Georgetown city managers sat down to look at their options. They realized that wind and solar power are more predictable. The prices don't swing up and down like oil and gas. So the city can sign a contract today and know what the bill is going to be for the next 25 years. That's especially appealing in a place like Georgetown where a lot of retirees live on fixed incomes.

We're driving up to this municipal building in Georgetown, Texas, and the roof is covered in solar panels.

Just the beginning.
Off topic

Just the beginning.

I await word that they've disconnected themselves from the outside grid.

Just the beginning.

And started banning parking and nat gas

Just the beginning.
Off topic
Not off topic at all. These are cities that have decided to go to renewables for economic reasons. And I don't see any of the horrible things that you people seem to pull out of your assholes concerning doing just that.

Just the beginning.

Why should they? Like the German cities that have gone this route, they may find themselves selling excess electricity back to the grid, and making extra income in that manner.

Just the beginning.

Is that in their agenda, or just something you pulled out of your ass?

Just the beginning.

Why should they? Like the German cities that have gone this route, they may find themselves selling excess electricity back to the grid, and making extra income in that manner.

Why should they? So they don't use yucky non-green power. Ever.

Just the beginning.

Is that in their agenda, or just something you pulled out of your ass?
Didnt even read did ya

Just the beginning.
Off topic
Not off topic at all. These are cities that have decided to go to renewables for economic reasons. And I don't see any of the horrible things that you people seem to pull out of your assholes concerning doing just that.
What Hermosa is doing is not for econ reasons

In several states in the US, we have suckers who have essentially voted for this shit......and that's the ruse here. People in Spain and Germany found out the hard way after embracing these green schemes but never considering the costs associated with them. When they did their heads exploded when they started getting their electric bills.........too late. The fucking politicians sell the dopes of the world on the after its all been built cost.....as if the utility is going to eat that cost and the cost of building transmission lines. These people are scheisters.

When people get educated about renewables energy, they cant run fast enough away from it. Unfortunately, that education comes in the form of an enormous electric bill after the shit is already built.:coffee:

I read where electricity bills in Germany have has risen about 50% since 2007, to subsidize the building of wind and solar infrastrucure projects. For most Germans it's unaffordable, and they're going back to coal and gas energy production. It's sorta funny, for a political party that espouses concern for the low income people they are sticking it to them to pay for all these great alternative energy ideas that won't make a difference in GW.

Just the beginning.

The issue was not the 'yuckyness' of different kinds of power, but the cost and predictability of the cost. And the renewables won on that basis.

I read where electricity bills in Germany have has risen about 50% since 2007, to subsidize the building of wind and solar infrastrucure projects. For most Germans it's unaffordable, and they're going back to coal and gas energy production. It's sorta funny, for a political party that espouses concern for the low income people they are sticking it to them to pay for all these great alternative energy ideas that won't make a difference in GW.
energy poverty...old people freezing to death cause they cant afford it

Link?

Just the beginning.

The issue was not the 'yuckyness' of different kinds of power, but the cost and predictability of the cost. And the renewables won on that basis.

The issue was not the 'yuckyness' of different kinds of power, but the cost and predictability of the cost.

If their cost of power increases, will you admit they were misled?

energy poverty...old people freezing to death cause they cant afford it
And which political party opposes any kind of help for these old people with their electrical bills? The real cost of electricity is lower now than it was in the 90's.

Table 8.10 Average Retail Prices of Electricity, 1960-2011 (Cents per Kilowatthour, Including Taxes)

Just the beginning.

The issue was not the 'yuckyness' of different kinds of power, but the cost and predictability of the cost.

If their cost of power increases, will you admit they were misled?
Only if it increases more than the increases in cost of power for those that are around them.

Link?

The transformation is placing a heavy burden on its citizens. Germany spent 25 billion euros ($26 billion) on renewable energy in 2016, most of which—23 billion euros—consumers paid through a surcharge on their electricity bills. The rise in that surcharge is the single biggest reason that the amount the average German household spent on electricity rose to 1,060 euros in 2016, up 50% from 2007.
Germany’s High-Priced Renewable Energy Revolution

Forum List

Back