ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Vast rivers and waterfalls discovered across Antarctica

'This is not in the future – this is widespread now'

Ian Johnston Environment Correspondent @montaukian
18 hours ago

Water is flowing across Antarctica in vast rivers, lakes and waterfalls and has been for decades, scientists have discovered.

While temporary meltwater streams have been encountered before by polar explorers like Ernest Shackleton, it was thought liquid water was relatively rare because the continent is so cold.

However a new study of aerial photography and satellite images found “widespread drainage of meltwater” as far south as 600km (375 miles) from the South Pole and as high as 1,300m above sea level – about the same height as Ben Nevis.

This included rivers of up to 120km, 80km-long lakes and waterfalls that were 120m across.

The researchers warned the amount of liquid they had found could increase the rate of melting on Antarctica above currently expected levels.
Watch video: http://www.independe...y-a7691361.html

antarcticwaterfall2.jpg

wow, so much for being fake..Boy'do I love fucking with you conservatives...

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Q. How much must we lower CO2 from its present 410ppm in order to stop the rivers and waterfalls?

A. $15 trillion

What Mattieboy sees in his small mind, when he thinks of Antarctica....

1e8ff05229767d68ba6e816090daacfc.jpg

So the world is about to get some additional real estate; and y'all are jerkin' yourselves into a lather... It's fortunate the human life span is so short, given y'alls ability to cope with change.

Well then help humanity and stop using the internet, do not drive, or better yet erase all of your footprint from society to save the world for the future.

Does any of my tax dollars go to this worthless organization.

You're worthless...Hell, Anarchist...I say you're a mistake and should of been aborted.

Our military blowing 6 trillion on iraq and the middle east is far dumber...Science is a good thing....
My bio mom didn't abort me. But she did abandon me and put me up for adoption einstein.

Vast rivers and waterfalls discovered across Antarctica

'This is not in the future – this is widespread now'

Ian Johnston Environment Correspondent @montaukian
18 hours ago

Water is flowing across Antarctica in vast rivers, lakes and waterfalls and has been for decades, scientists have discovered.

While temporary meltwater streams have been encountered before by polar explorers like Ernest Shackleton, it was thought liquid water was relatively rare because the continent is so cold.

However a new study of aerial photography and satellite images found “widespread drainage of meltwater” as far south as 600km (375 miles) from the South Pole and as high as 1,300m above sea level – about the same height as Ben Nevis.

This included rivers of up to 120km, 80km-long lakes and waterfalls that were 120m across.

The researchers warned the amount of liquid they had found could increase the rate of melting on Antarctica above currently expected levels.
Watch video: http://www.independe...y-a7691361.html

antarcticwaterfall2.jpg

wow, so much for being fake..Boy'do I love fucking with you conservatives...

/---- OH NO there's fresh water. Aieeeeeeee were all gonna die. Quick send AlGore more money. Aieeeeeeeee

Does any of my tax dollars go to this worthless organization.

You're worthless...Hell, Anarchist...I say you're a mistake and should of been aborted.

Our military blowing 6 trillion on iraq and the middle east is far dumber...Science is a good thing....
My bio mom didn't abort me. But she did abandon me and put me up for adoption einstein.

Matthew is just upset today.

Trump has yet to be impeached.

Trostkyism has yet to become the norm here in tge states.

All those he disagree with have yet to be aborted.

So just remember Matthew is special and not in the good way...

Oh, I was also adopted so I just take those like Matthew as the ass he is.

Forum List

Back