Your First Car

... Mom made me sell it when I bought a `67 Mustang...

... which I ended up losing in a divorce...

... I still dream about the Galaxie from time to time.

I hope that every male over the age of 40 has a story involving a Mustang and a woman.

:beer:

I currently own a 66 coupe. I am not as interested in driving it as I used to be. Most likely will sell it. My oldest boy is restoring a 65 GT fastback, ground up restoration, I figure it will be worth 70,000. Daughter is restoring a 65 convertible, and my youngest boy is building a "hot rod" out of an 80 Shay roadster replica.

Mark

72 Oldsmobile 98 with a Rocket 455. It was a monster. I could put 7 or 8 people in that thing.

01.jpg
1966 Chrysler. I could fit 7 or 8 people in the trunk, comfortably.

(Drive-in theaters were popular back then)

A 1969 Falcon Futura station wagon. This was the first brand-new car that my parents ever owned. I was six years old when they bought in in early 1969. Nineteen years and about 170,000 miles later, they gave it to me.

By that time, it was well past its prime, and needed a lot of maintenance and repairs to keep it going. I became very adept at performing such maintenance and repairs. Alas, the day came when something broke that I was unable to fix. This picture was taken just before we hauled it off to the junkyard,

“You wouldn't cry that much over me!”, my wife exclaimed. I guess there are some things that women just don't get.

Falcon_Bokeh.jpg

I think the best car any of my friends had was a town and country station wagon we took out the spare and set up the well so it would hold a 1/4 keg and ice we ran the tap tube into the back seat and used to go on road trips

There's just something about the cars from that time that is missing in todays cars

I;m not a mechanic by any stretch but I really want to buy another Nova SS and fix it up

Just couldn't resist

Chuck Berry - Riding Along In My Automobile:

There's just something about the cars from that time that is missing in todays cars
I agree, I'm an aficionado of those older cars from the 60s and 70s era.

They are very easy to modify and work on. And they can haul a lot of friends around. Back then there was no such thing as a plastic timing chain gear. Every mechanical part of the drive train was made from steel.

'69 Buick Skylark for 400 bucks. Drove it for a week before the transmission went out. Went back to riding my bike to work to save up 400 more bucks to get it back on the road. Brakes were bad when I got it and they got a lot worse until I sold it. Had more than a few sporty down hill runs.

1112712_48aecd9621_low_res.jpg

This is the ultimate car, as far as i am concerned. I had a friend whose father had one. Four bucket seats, floating guages in a glass dome, swivel front seats, console all the way back tthrough the back seats, and the famous Chrysler hemi.Today, it would be worth around $100,000. This is the one that got away. I LOVE this car!

This one passed me last year on the interstate. Cool ride

bananacar_1020_765_70_s.jpg

Forum List

Back