Your First Car

1964 Galaxie convertible...

... 390ci, 4-speed, only 800 were made that year...

... put an 8-track tape player in it...

... an' chrome reverse all around...

... Mom made me sell it when I bought a `67 Mustang...

... which I ended up losing in a divorce...

... I still dream about the Galaxie from time to time.

A 1941 Chevy, for $50. It was the first Chevy with no running boards. The compression was so bad that my friends had to push as I floored it going up steep hills.

s-l225.jpg

Those were some GOOD friends, Bro!

Either that, or it was a reflection of the quality weed you could get :dunno:

`

... Mom made me sell it when I bought a `67 Mustang...

... which I ended up losing in a divorce...

... I still dream about the Galaxie from time to time.

I hope that every male over the age of 40 has a story involving a Mustang and a woman.

:beer:

A 1941 Chevy, for $50. It was the first Chevy with no running boards. The compression was so bad that my friends had to push as I floored it going up steep hills.

s-l225.jpg

Those were some GOOD friends, Bro!

Either that, or it was a reflection of the quality weed you could get :dunno:

`

I was only 15 years old when I bought it with money I earned at a grocery store. All my friends were 15 and 14, so I was the only one who had a car. my popularity ranking instantly went through the ceiling! Of course, I did not have a driver's license, a license plate, or insurance, but oddly enough, I drove that car for 7 months, and never got pulled over. Hell, I was taking girls parking on dates when other kids my age were still riding the school bus every day!

A 1970 FIAT spyder. Broke down every other week, the fan belt constantly slipped off it's pulley, the driver's side window shattered into a million shiny pieces when I slammed the door, good lord I forget the rest. FIAT? And they own Ferrari? and Chrysler? Mind boggling. The worst automotive engineering has to offer.

This was the most beautiful car I ever owned. A 1975 Pontiac Grand Am. I bought it new, during the gas shortage. It was even this color. White leather interior, black carpet, automatic on the floor, bucket seats, console, bad ass Pontiac V-8. Damn, I loved that car!

1975_pontiac_grand_am-pic-5405930407786937826-1600x1200.jpeg

This was the most beautiful car I ever owned. A 1975 Pontiac Grand Am. I bought it new, during the gas shortage. It was even this color. Bucket seats, console, bad ass Pontiac V-8. Damn, I loved that car!

1975_pontiac_grand_am-pic-5405930407786937826-1600x1200.jpeg
Sweet!

A 1970 FIAT spyder. Broke down every other week, the fan belt constantly slipped off it's pulley, the driver's side window shattered into a million shiny pieces when I slammed the door, good lord I forget the rest. FIAT? And they own Ferrari? and Chrysler? Mind boggling. The worst automotive engineering has to offer.

I had a total piece of junk FIAT that I used to drive between Houston and San Antonio. It was an ancient convertible with no top and rusted out floors that I liked to drive at night 'cause it was smoking just enough to be noticed. Less traffic at night too. I used to fly low in that car... topless, out under the stars.

This was one of the most interesting that I owned. A 1970 Opel GT. If was a real kick to drive, but after 2 transmission overhauls in 12 months, I knew that it had to go.

1970_opel_gt-pic-20307-1600x1200.jpeg

1940 Ford Coupe, little did I know how COVETED that car became to the HOT ROD fraternity!

Nice car... When did you have that one?

My pop's car originally until he got a 1956 Packard Clipper in '56...I INHERITED it!

Sold it in 1961 for a new 1961 Impala SS 409...I was the SHITS for a few years with that baby!

This was one of the most interesting that I owned. A 1970 Opel GT. If was a real kick to drive, but after 2 transmission overhauls in 12 months, I knew that it had to go.

1970_opel_gt-pic-20307-1600x1200.jpeg
Plenty of room in the front passenger seat.

I drove this from 1986 to 1996, and a permenat restoration ongoing project. i spent more money on this ca that I had spent for my first 2 houses! my wife told me when i bought it that I could stay, but it had to go. i told her that I would be driving this car LONG after she was gone. I was right! 1959 Cadillac:

2004_toyota_sequoia_sr5-pic-7925-1600x1200.jpeg

I lived in Las vegas at the time, and recovered some of my money by renting it out to a TV production that they were filming there, called "Crime Story"

sser009.jpg
bought a 58 like this before I went into the service.

Forum List

Back