Your Favorite Things About Israel

This view of the jetty at Tel Aviv beach is how I remember it.

I always bring my fins, mask, and snorkel with me when I travel, and I swam out under the boardwalk, then freedived over to the jetty.

Very beautiful invertebrate sea life on all the rocks there.

Freediving gear is very lite so it travels well.

Scuba is too heavy.

There are scuba shops in Tel Aviv but I did not have time to rent any gear there.

(These three videos are a beautiful way at looking at Israel from North to South.
Some of the narration may be incorrect historically, as where the narrator is saying that Israel was under French Mandate. If anyone catches any more of those, feel free to post about it and give the correct information)
---------------
The idea of creating a tourist route passing through all Israel, was offered in 1985 by Abraham Thamir.
The Shvil Israel trail was laid by thousands of volunteers - both Israelis, and foreigners. It is not just a simple trail. It is a national property and a subject of pride.
The trail begins in the kibbutz Dan, in the north of Israel. At the junction of the borders of Lebanon and Syria. Then, continues through the Upper and Lower Galilee, Genisaretsky lake, Carmel's mountain, the Mediterranean coast, Judaic mountains and the Negev desert. The trail comes to an end in Eilat, on the bank of the Red Sea.

(More information on youtube link )

Last edited:
Published on Apr 27, 2016
The trail goes south through an eucalyptus grove on the east coast of Tiberias Lake. From above it is entirely visible.
Yardenit - the place where the Jordan river leaves Tiberias Lake.

It is time to come back акщь Jerusalem to the Shvil Israel trail.
The Eyn Cobi source is a beautiful place to take a little rest.

Forum List

Back