Your favorite perfume/cologne...

The most expensive perfume for women:

Clive Christian Imperial Majesty ($215,000)

Top 10 Most Expensive Perfumes for Women - TheRichest

I wonder if they make it in a scratch and sniff? Or how long they would laugh if I wrote and asked them that!

The most expensive perfume is not only pricey, it is also fancy. From the bottle to the way it is delivered, there’s no wonder it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. The bottle’s design is meant for royalty with a collar made with 18 carat gold. It does not even end there, a five carat diamond is stuck to the fabulous golden collar. Each bottle is delivered in a Bentley. Interested buyers ought to order one now since it is a limited offer.

(I'd like to see them drive that Bentley out here on these dirt roads!) LOL

I think his second best sounds good, but never tried it:

2. Clive Christian No. 1 for women ($2,150)

Costing 90% less than the most expensive perfume in the world is by Clive Christian again. Clive Christian No. 1 has a scent for men and for women. What makes it expensive is the bottle, made out of crystal, it has a neck that is made out of 24-karat gold-plated sterling silver. Aside from that, it is made from a combination of bergamot, orris, sandalwood, natural gum resin, vanilla, and ylang ylang extract. But since these ingredients are not available year round, it is not so easy to come up with this brilliant fragrance.

Last edited:
my first perfume ever was Oscar by Oscar de la Renta. I still love it.

I wore that for years. I still love it too. I wore Anne Kleine as well. Those are among the 'pretty' fragrances.

I also liked Jungle Gardenia. I got some from a place called Long Lost Perfume, now out of business. They had bought the old formulas and were selling them. I got that, Evening in Paris, and Great Lady. I can understand why we don't wear them now. But I do like them and occasionally will wear one of them.

I still like Charley too.

Correction: I guess Long Lost is not out of business: http://www.longlostperfume.com/

Here is another site: http://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Long-Lost-Perfume.html

Last edited:

I wore that for years. I still love it too. I wore Anne Kleine as well. Those are among the 'pretty' fragrances.

I also liked Jungle Gardenia. I got some from a place called Long Lost Perfume, now out of business. They had bought the old formulas and were selling them. I got that, Evening in Paris, and Great Lady. I can understand why we don't wear them now. But I do like them and occasionally will wear one of them.

two that i remember and would class as pretty...

white shoulders and its sister most precious. I preferred the scent of most precious over white shoulders.

two that i remember and would class as pretty...

white shoulders and its sister most precious. I preferred the scent of most precious over white shoulders.

I think I still have White Shoulders. I don't remember the other one.

There was a cheap one I liked in high school, Aquamarine. Revlon, I think. I worked in the school office first period when I was a Senior, and I remember the secretary having a sneezing fit every morning. I think it was my perfume.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125986.html

Last edited:
The most expensive perfume for women:

Clive Christian Imperial Majesty ($215,000)

Top 10 Most Expensive Perfumes for Women - TheRichest

I wonder if they make it in a scratch and sniff? Or how long they would laugh if I wrote and asked them that!

The most expensive perfume is not only pricey, it is also fancy. From the bottle to the way it is delivered, there’s no wonder it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. The bottle’s design is meant for royalty with a collar made with 18 carat gold. It does not even end there, a five carat diamond is stuck to the fabulous golden collar. Each bottle is delivered in a Bentley. Interested buyers ought to order one now since it is a limited offer.

(I'd like to see them drive that Bentley out here on these dirt roads!) LOL

I think his second best sounds good, but never tried it:

2. Clive Christian No. 1 for women ($2,150)

Costing 90% less than the most expensive perfume in the world is by Clive Christian again. Clive Christian No. 1 has a scent for men and for women. What makes it expensive is the bottle, made out of crystal, it has a neck that is made out of 24-karat gold-plated sterling silver. Aside from that, it is made from a combination of bergamot, orris, sandalwood, natural gum resin, vanilla, and ylang ylang extract. But since these ingredients are not available year round, it is not so easy to come up with this brilliant fragrance.

I have two you should try, Sunshine...

the first is Bal a Versailles perfume by Jean Deprez It is french and utterly beautiful.

the second is Nilang Lalique perfume which comes in a bottle made by Lalique and it is equally beautiful. The first perfume is for winter the second perfume for spring.. it is an Oriental floral with Jasmine as the high note.

I will share a third that is a nice summer fragrance - Tuberose by Estee Lauder

Last edited:
I love love Patchouli (well done,not headshop, French perfumiers know how to get it right, it's expensive but worth, with a bit of vanilla ....hmmm beautiful.)

Also white flowers...particularly Orange Blossom perfumes (Italian or French juice)

Niche perfumes always....very hard to find and impossible to get at the Mall.

patcchouli..... reminds me to much of the hippies and the whole height ashberry crap. Not a good memory smell for me.

i know :) that's why i said "well done" :) and not headshop.

having said that..... I like to smell of incense and hippie and spiritual and karma and all dat!:D:tongue:

I know what you are talking about, Skye. The French always get it right when it comes to perfume. They are masters at it..

Forum List

Back