Your covid story?

My wife tested positive and was on oxygen for a week or two. I had congestion and coughing for about the same period. We both came through it better than some flu outbreaks. I have a persistent smell of burning from time to time but that's it.

In 53 years I have never been berated for my parking in a drive through. In 53 years I have never been forced to use only the drive through. It was 100% attitude because of the asinine covid reality we find ourselves in
Listen to yourself and your “first world” problems. Boo whoo you had to use a drive through and wait for your food to be delivered to you in your car. Life is sure rough. The asshole who berated you is just an asshole. Blame him not a virus

Today I went to Wendy's, and placed my order. They told me to pull up to the next window. I was so furious about COVID that I sucked off two guys in the parking lot.

Grampa Murked U
Geez
I don’t recommend you do that !!! Very dangerous escalation!
Why was he mad at you ?
You have to factor in the “ guy factor “

Stay safe , my friend

Today I experienced my first covid ruled induced hysteria.

I went to get a big breakfast with hotcakes and bacon this morning. As usual our closest McDonald's is closed except for the drive through. It's Sunday morning so naturally they're busy and it takes 20 minutes to get through the drive through. They always ask you to pull forward and wait for someone to bring your food out. Today the stack of vehicles was BIG and I was told to pull up behind the car directly in front of me. I did so WITHOUT blocking the crosswalk. The asshat behind me was furious when they told him to pull up beside me. He had to pull forward and backward a couple times to get around me.
When he got beside me he proceeded to give me his verbal vomit of hate and whatever else made his morning bad.

I processed it for about 30 or 40 seconds and ultimately got mad at the bullshit he kept screaming out his window. I got out of my truck and walked over to his window which he rolled up and began to give him my opinion of his ridiculous attitude. He CRACKED the window in his brand new truck and ran his mouth some more. I walked back to my passenger door and removed my brand new Chiefs jacket and turned around to approach his truck.
The pussy rolled his window up and DROVE AWAY WITHOUT HIS FOOD.

Wtf is wrong with people???
Seriously, our society has lost its fucking mind

I feel your pain. That being said, and with my own silent but long pent-up COVID anger issues notwithstanding, almost reads as if you were on the verge of a fight to the death—over drive through rage; over the aggressive (and ultimately harmless) words of a stranger. First thoughts: it's very good and your very lucky the asshole in question sped off. Hard as it is to accept he did the smart thing; you, not so much. Man, you never know (these days in particular) what small bit of social pressure it can take to make a fellow human being explode and go zero to homicidal in-between breaths. The both of you are quite very lucky you all walked away free men and alive. All of that also being said, I get it: tensions are running high as hell with all the endless COVID bullshit and I hate most everyone these days myself, who I meet at random, in public.

My own COVID story? The failure of two small businesses, so far. Family who will not even look at each other over getting or not getting the mRNA jabs. Family to be absent from another round of holiday meals for fear of COVID. An uncle who nearly died from mass sepsis after his second jab. A great aunt going blind from the jab(s). A close acquaintance suffering kidney problems from the jab. Another close acquaintance dealing with perpetual pneumonia since the jabs. I could go on and on.

We don't do McD's. Their burgers have skyrocketed and they are gross to boot. Instead, I go to Jack In The Box when I want fast food. Call me crazy, but I LOVE the greasy tacos they deep fry, lol. 2 for 1.29. Can't beat that.

They have been closed for nearly 2 years straight retard.
What better time to upgrade the interior than when it is impossible to get help BECAUSE OF COVID
So, have you discussed this with the owners of the restaurant or are you just making ASSumptions based on your personal biases?

My Covid time frame was this past summer from July 11th through July 21st. A fever, a mild cough, and a slight infection in my right ear was all that I had on my plate. Instead of my sense of taste and smell, my appetite is what went out the window. If only it had stayed there is all that I have to say.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (still trying to lose the weight that I gained back last year)

Forum List

Back