Young Victoria... Netflix

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
2009 movie.
We both had not seen it.
It is a pretty good period piece. It tells the story of young Queen Victoria, prior to being Queen and then the first year of being Queen. I have no idea how historically accurate it is.
All in all - worth watching. Emily Blunt does a great job, one of those actors capable of displaying a paragraph of conversation with their expressions.
And to boot - she is VERY easy on the eyes.

2009 movie.
We both had not seen it.
It is a pretty good period piece. It tells the story of young Queen Victoria, prior to being Queen and then the first year of being Queen. I have no idea how historically accurate it is.
All in all - worth watching. Emily Blunt does a great job, one of those actors capable of displaying a paragraph of conversation with their expressions.
Have watched it twice. Great presentation.

Only thing was picking Emily Blunt, who is VERY beautiful.
Queen Victoria was a dog. She had virtually no physical qualities that was attractive. As photos of her show.
As per usual, paintings of royal families were always very favorable, and indeed most paintings of Victoria barely resembles how she actually looked. She had a manish/plump face.

21BOOKBAIRD2-facebookJumbo.jpg

d36f8b9b0995f13feda5ed70816ada97--victoria-and-albert-young-queen-victoria.jpg

Queen Victoria was a dog. She had virtually no physical qualities that was attractive. As photos of her show.
As per usual, paintings of royal families were always very favorable, and indeed most paintings of Victoria barely resembles how she actually looked. She had a manish/plump face.

View attachment 782994

View attachment 782995
Looking at photos of women in the distant past, few if any were very good looking. Thank God they have 'evolved' better looks.

I have seen the movie if I am not mistaken and it is well done. From my world history class I found it amusing how she would refer to Benjamine Disraeli as '' Dizzy'' The actress added that in her portrayal of the Queen.
0afeaf9798cd1209d04fd4ada45017c8.png

Last edited:
2009 movie.
We both had not seen it.
I agree it was good. I like Emily Blunt in the part.

If you like this you might like Victoria a 3 season British production which came out in 2016-2019 and appeared on Masterpiece Theater and is available at no cost on Prime. It covers Victoria's life from the time she became queen to the end of her reign. It is amazing the impact this woman had on history, expansion of the British Empire, defining acceptable behavior for the world, and populating European royalty with here family.

View attachment 782994

View attachment 782995
What she lacked in beauty she made up for in leadership skills, intelligence and an incredible sense of duty. She was only 4 foot 11 tall but she had a commanding presence and voice.

Forum List

Back