Young and Republican?

Guess that's why Huckabee is the Republican nominee right?

It polls very highly among Republicans...however that doesn't mean its the one single all important issue that all Republicans care about above all others.

It polls very highly among Republicans...however that doesn't mean its the one single all important issue that all Republicans care about above all others.

Oh ok, but you still have distorted what I have said so try again. I said that traditional conservative thinking is that government doesn't have all the answers.

Most Americans agree with President Bush's opposition to same-sex marriage — but most also oppose amending the U.S. Constitution to ban it, saying instead that it should be a matter for the individual states to decide.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Relationships/same_sex_marriage_poll_040121.html

Is this what your talking about most republicans support opposition to same-sex marriage? Seems as though most Americans both democrat and republican support it.

Oh ok, but you still have distorted what I have said so try again. I said that traditional conservative thinking is that government doesn't have all the answers.

My point is that liberals also think that government doesn't have all the anwsers and if thats what defined them, then the two ideologies would be the same when they clearly aren't.

I didn't distort anything you said, I merely pointed out that liberals as well as conservatives don't think that government is the anwser to everything.

My point is that liberals also think that government doesn't have all the anwsers and if thats what defined them, then the two ideologies would be the same when they clearly aren't.

I didn't distort anything you said, I merely pointed out that liberals as well as conservatives don't think that government is the anwser to everything.

But liberals think that government can solve our nation's poverty by raising taxes right?

The marriage amendment, would be from the extreme right spectrum. Not basic conservative thinking.

Extreme? Didn't an overwhelming majority of republicans in congress - and probably close to 100% of conservative republicans - try to amend the constitution to ban gay marriage?

Extreme? Didn't an overwhelming majority of republicans in congress - and probably close to 100% of conservative republicans - try to amend the constitution to ban gay marriage?

Most Americans agree with President Bush's opposition to same-sex marriage — but most also oppose amending the U.S. Constitution to ban it, saying instead that it should be a matter for the individual states to decide.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/u...ll_040121.html

Is this what your talking about most republicans support opposition to same-sex marriage? Seems as though most Americans both democrat and republican support it.

Try reading Larkinn stated that conservative thinking states that goverment can tell people who they can marry. Well by this poll it seems as though a majority of Americans think they can tell people who they can marry. Never in Larkinn's post did he mention a same-sex amendment.

But liberals think that government can solve our nation's poverty by raising taxes right?

No. They do however think you can make a dent in it. Wait, more social services help people get out of poverty? Wow, who would have thunk it.

No. They do however think you can make a dent in it. Wait, more social services help people get out of poverty? Wow, who would have thunk it.

False assumptions. Show me how spending on social services has went down? As a result of us spending on social programs in the past.

Where has spending on social services got people out of poverty? I mean if all this money is being spent on social services then we should see a reduction in social spending right? The huge dent in poverty should reap the benefits in reduced social spending. If people are out of poverty they don't need to draw benefits right?

Where has spending on social services got people out of poverty? I mean if all this money is being spent on social services then we should see a reduction in social spending right? The huge dent in poverty should reap the benefits in reduced social spending. If people are out of poverty they don't need to draw benefits right?

The problem is that they are massively disorganized and under funded. We don't need more programs to give people money, we need programs to help people get back on their feet. We need programs to give people legal representation in small disputes, we need to make education better and cheaper and not tie funding of schools to local property taxes, we need to have social programs that help people get jobs and learn technical skills and get health insurance. We need to make employers give women maternity leave, and allow low income individuals with children to get childcare. We need to improve public transport, or subsidize cars for low income individuals. We need to do these things on the state and local levels with the feds funding them.

The problem is that they are massively disorganized and under funded. We don't need more programs to give people money, we need programs to help people get back on their feet. We need programs to give people legal representation in small disputes, we need to make education better and cheaper and not tie funding of schools to local property taxes, we need to have social programs that help people get jobs and learn technical skills and get health insurance. We need to make employers give women maternity leave, and allow low income individuals with children to get childcare. We need to improve public transport, or subsidize cars for low income individuals. We need to do these things on the state and local levels with the feds funding them.

Oh so now your admitting that government probably isn't the most efficient agency to handle poverty, imagine that.:eusa_think:

You mean all these years it's just that simple, its been disorganized and underfunded. It seems as though some liberals would have figured that out by now.

Wait so Liberals think that government should tell us what marriage is and who we can marry?

Conservatism and Liberalism have both lost their roots and neither are coherent ideologies nowadays. Thats why the oh so internationalist Obama/Clinton duo are stupidly threatening to withdraw from NAFTA.

Not that NAFTA is any good, but please don't tell me you actually think they'd REALLY withdraw.

In times like these when this government is up to their necks in debt, incapable of balancing a budget, and teetering on the brink of bankrtuptcy, those social services only make the country poorer in the long run.

The dollar is performing like shit right now, largely in part because our government has been way too irresponsible fiscally. The weak dollar is what has been crushing people financially.

Surely you don't think that it's the single fault of the tax cuts, right?

Helping people is NOT what our welfare programs DO. And in fact when changes are offered to do JUST that, Liberals oppose them. Our Social Programs breed dependency.

My little Sister was on public aid, She got off by getting 3 jobs. I will NEVER forget what her oldest son told her.

" Mom, quit working, you don't need to, the Government will pay."

He had learned the lesson the liberals want taught.

Pick up a newspaper, and see what republican control of government, and republican policies have done to the country.

Ok, I'm not going to say that I'm a staunch republican. I vote for the man/woman, I don't dabble with party politics. However, don't point the finger strictly at republicans. If I'm not mistaken...Bill Clinton (Democrat) got involved in the Balkans in the 1990s and we were never attacked. He also was offered Osama Bin Laden on a silver platter and refused to take advantage of it. (How so much could have been avoided) Some say , "Well, they were committing genocide, they were cleansing." I do agree that something should have been done, however, Saddam Hussein killed many thousands more.
My next suggestion is to read your history book. Look at your last 10 presidents and see how many got involved in wars were we were never attacked. Spanish-American War, Korea, Vietnam are just a few of the conflicts. So before people start pointing the finger at republicans and Bush. Just realize that he is not the first of his kind and that there have been plenty of Democrats that have done the same. If we really want to be technical about it, it was the Democrats in the South that succeed from the Union spurring the Civil War.

Oh so now your admitting that government probably isn't the most efficient agency to handle poverty, imagine that.:eusa_think:

Its not the most efficient, but it IS the most comprehensive.

You mean all these years it's just that simple, its been disorganized and underfunded. It seems as though some liberals would have figured that out by now.

Its more complicated than that, but that is at the heard of the issue.

Not that NAFTA is any good, but please don't tell me you actually think they'd REALLY withdraw.

Its a possibility, and the rhetoric is dangerous.

In times like these when this government is up to their necks in debt, incapable of balancing a budget, and teetering on the brink of bankrtuptcy, those social services only make the country poorer in the long run.

Yeah, that makes sense. When the government is suffering from things that make everyone poorer, lets cut off the disadvantaged. :rolleyes:

The dollar is performing like shit right now, largely in part because our government has been way too irresponsible fiscally. The weak dollar is what has been crushing people financially.

Umm, no. The credit crunch and the rising price of oil have been crushing people financially. On a personal level, at least in the short term, the weak dollar helps people. Foreign imports become much cheaper.

Surely you don't think that it's the single fault of the tax cuts, right?

No, I don't. But thats a large part of the problem.

Helping people is NOT what our welfare programs DO. And in fact when changes are offered to do JUST that, Liberals oppose them. Our Social Programs breed dependency.

Examples?

My little Sister was on public aid, She got off by getting 3 jobs. I will NEVER forget what her oldest son told her.

" Mom, quit working, you don't need to, the Government will pay."

He had learned the lesson the liberals want taught.

Good for her. And no, thats not the "lesson that liberals want taught". To think so is extremely moronic.

Forum List

Back