Young and Republican?

David_N

Feb 29, 2008
Hello all,

Is this possible, or a real misnomer? I'm 20, and come from a very conservative / military background.

David

There's a liberal backlash where I live. Young conservatives are seen as freaks. Everyone's entitled to their point of view, of course!

Texas-based, though I'm in the military.

Texas is obviously Bush territory, but there's a localised backlash against the establishement at the moment. It's difficult to not be affected by it. Also, military service tends to predispose someone towards conservatism -maybe?

There's a liberal backlash where I live. Young conservatives are seen as freaks. Everyone's entitled to their point of view, of course!

well they are in for a big disappointment if they think Hillary will be much different than McCain on any issue of substance be it the war, immigration,or the economy ..the style will be different a few pet projects will be different but ultimately the same puppet masters will pull the strings

Im 25 and very conservative politically. I was the only outspoken conservative in my college classes. They were dominated by liberals and the ones that werent were getting brainwashed by liberal America-hating professors.

Im 25 and very conservative politically. I was the only outspoken conservative in my college classes. They were dominated by liberals and the ones that werent were getting brainwashed by liberal America-hating professors.

So you're saying conservatives are easily brainwashed?

Pick up a newspaper, and see what republican control of government, and republican policies have done to the country.

Hello all,

Is this possible, or a real misnomer? I'm 20, and come from a very conservative / military background.

David

Being young and conservative just means you have a lot more sense than a majority of other young people. Being in the minority doesn't mean that your wrong. Conservative= thinking, that the government isn't the solution for everything.

Being young and conservative just means you have a lot more sense than a majority of other young people. Being in the minority doesn't mean that your wrong. Conservative= thinking, that the government isn't the solution for everything.

Wait so Liberals think that government should tell us what marriage is and who we can marry?

Conservatism and Liberalism have both lost their roots and neither are coherent ideologies nowadays. Thats why the oh so internationalist Obama/Clinton duo are stupidly threatening to withdraw from NAFTA.

Wait so Liberals think that government should tell us what marriage is and who we can marry?

Conservatism and Liberalism have both lost their roots and neither are coherent ideologies nowadays. Thats why the oh so internationalist Obama/Clinton duo are stupidly threatening to withdraw from NAFTA.

Conservative thinking is what I am talking about. Not specific canididates.

Sure they do. They just want to tell us what marriage is and who we can marry by THEIR definition.

The marriage amendment, would be from the extreme right spectrum. Not basic conservative thinking.

Sure they do. They just want to tell us what marriage is and who we can marry by THEIR definition.

Actually a lot of us would like government out of marriage completely. We know the traditionalists will never go for that tho.

Forum List

Back