YouGov poll: 43% of Republicans could imagine supporting a military coup in the United States

Leave it to a far left drone to find some obscure non scientific poll (from overseas at that) to try and make another pointless post..
That's because Hillary's poll numbers are so bad he quit talking about them. Don't tell him we know though okay?

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

But we already knew that, eh, baby Huey?

I can multitask. If that word is too hard for you, you can just look it up, 214.

Careful there, Stat.

Dorko has friends in very low places. He threatened me with having his good friend, Joe Arpaio come here, delete my threads and hand over my "personal info" to him so Dorko could come after me.

Dorko, with his 214 point IQ (or belt size) is obviously well connected and a very dangerous "man".

Question for Dorko - why do you want to derail this thread?

LOL, glass houses, Stat. I wouldn't crow about 20% myself...but either way, "imagine" is a broad enough word in this case as to be pointless. I can imagine space alien body snatchers taking over Washington, for example...

Ok, you get two points for that one. Indeed, "imagine" could mean a lot of things.

You are one smart new member.

And yes, 20% is also a little scary, if you ask me. Bad Dems, bad Dems!! Down boy, down!!!

:lol:

My point is: where the fuck are we as a society when this kind of stuff becomes parlor talk?

Wow.

I'd rather focus this energy in a constructive way like going to mars or curing diseases.... ;)

Leave it to a far left drone to find some obscure non scientific poll (from overseas at that) to try and make another pointless post..
That's because Hillary's poll numbers are so bad he quit talking about them. Don't tell him we know though okay?

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

I can multitask. If that word is too hard for you, you can just look it up, 214.
SO that nasty old Whino you are supporting in the election is truly falling by HUGE amounts. You plan on supporting her right up to prison? Or the firing squad?

Still desperate to derail the thread.

Why?

Coward.

LOL, glass houses, Stat. I wouldn't crow about 20% myself...but either way, "imagine" is a broad enough word in this case as to be pointless. I can imagine space alien body snatchers taking over Washington, for example...

Ok, you get two points for that one. Indeed, "imagine" could mean a lot of things.

And yes, 20% is also a little scary, if you ask me. Bad Dems, bad Dems!! Down boy, down!!!

My point is: where the fuck are we as a society when this kind of stuff becomes parlor talk?

Wow.

I'd rather focus this energy in a constructive way like going to mars or curing diseases.... ;)

RWs would be favor of that ONLY if they can take their pop guns.

RWs here have said the US military would never fire on militia nutters.

Why don't we just give them Texasss?

Yeah, I know - we'd be sending them aid because they can't think or do for themselves.
We already have Texas clown trash.

Really? I thought you lived next door to Arpaio.
Good for you for admitting you are clown trash.

Hint: commas matter. Doofus.
Yeah, I know - you don't get it.

Wow.

RWs would be favor of that ONLY if they can take their pop guns.

Many of these militia groups are far left and do not care about laws, just look at you far left drones are supporting and voting for.

That is why you need to distract from the up coming loss in 2016..

Only desperate people would try to make a political point out of a poll that starts with "could you ever imagine yourself". Couldn't we conclude that the 57% of republicans and 71% of democrats who said no are lacking in imagination ? The radical left is becoming unstable with this junk.

Last edited:

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

SO that nasty old Whino you are supporting in the election is truly falling by HUGE amounts. You plan on supporting her right up to prison? Or the firing squad?

"nasty old Whino [sic]"?

Boehner isn't running.

We know the radical right. The poll is far from pointless.

Ok, this is sad, this is just plain, old sad:

YouGov | Could a coup really happen in the United States?

military1.png

Wow.

"One nation, under G-d, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Just to remind.

-Stat
the government isn't the nation.

and the question was clear, 'under any circumstance'. Imagine total government control, brown shirts enforce the laws in a brutal fashion, you live in fear that your papers aren't right and your children have been taken away to reeducation camp.

How would you not want the military to take over?

It would be the military doing the brutalizing in your fantasy.
Try not being a complete moron.

and just know this, if the government does run the country, you will be a happy serf, a happy little serf that never looks up and always does as he's told and snitches on those that don't so he can get a scrap from the government table.

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.
Do you have a link to back up that claim?

not saying it's not true, but that was never covered in any history book I've read.

Probably because those history books were written before Bush jr's failed warmongering in Iraq.

The British were having wars with other nations at the same time. Subduing a population in an area as huge as America meant a massive commitment of troops and that included all of the logistical support that goes with it. On top of that they had already lost the "hearts and minds" of the rebels by waging war instead of negotiating a settlement.

The parallels are there in plain sight. It was a really dumb move for the Brits to wage war on a former ally. It was an even dumber move to believe that they could be subdued by military force. Invading America was no different to Napoleon and Germany invading Russia. It doesn't matter how big your army is and how strong it is if the enemy can simply disappear and then come back to ambush you whenever it wants.

The only successful suppression of that type that the Brits managed was in South Africa and it still took them two attempts because the Boers used "commandos" to attack the British forces. Eventually the Brists had to use scorched earth tactics and invented concentration camps. In the end they allowed self rule and lost the colony to independence because of the resentment the wars has created.

Stupidity and warmongering go hand and hand and just having the most powerful military doesn't guarantee success.

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.

A foreign occupying force is no comparison to a small percent of domestic citizens.

41% of US citizens will kill the hell out of any of the 29% who dare attempt a coup.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.
right..that means "they lost"...like I said.

...but the british didn't keep forces here..we kicked all of them out.

No, the Brits withdrew their forces just like we did in Iraq.

Ok, this is sad, this is just plain, old sad:

YouGov | Could a coup really happen in the United States?

military1.png

Wow.

"One nation, under G-d, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Just to remind.

-Stat

Considering the malevolent regime currently in power, and the lack of any real opposition to it, why would such a sentiment be a surprise?

"Indivisible" is an ideal. The Democratic Party cannot function without dividing people into categories and turning them on each other. They thrive on chaos. Since going mad and removing their masks following Gore's loss in 2000, they've made a concerted effort to stir up all the interest groups that form their base and turn them into a screeching mob that can be manipulated. The same old story of all totalitarianist beginnings.

Perhaps now you have a better understanding of a certain amendment. One cannot compromise with total incompatibility.

wow, most dems would rather be serfs and peasants to the government than have a bunch of evul cons free them.

Your fascist conservative brand of "freedom" is way worse to live under than what we have today under the Constitution.
You have no grasp of freedom, fascism or the Constitution

Ironic coming from someone throwing around terms like serfs because he doesn't understand the basics of how this nation functions.

Do you have a link to back up that claim?

not saying it's not true, but that was never covered in any history book I've read.

Probably because those history books were written before Bush jr's failed warmongering in Iraq.

The British were having wars with other nations at the same time. Subduing a population in an area as huge as America meant a massive commitment of troops and that included all of the logistical support that goes with it. On top of that they had already lost the "hearts and minds" of the rebels by waging war instead of negotiating a settlement.

The parallels are there in plain sight. It was a really dumb move for the Brits to wage war on a former ally. It was an even dumber move to believe that they could be subdued by military force. Invading America was no different to Napoleon and Germany invading Russia. It doesn't matter how big your army is and how strong it is if the enemy can simply disappear and then come back to ambush you whenever it wants.

The only successful suppression of that type that the Brits managed was in South Africa and it still took them two attempts because the Boers used "commandos" to attack the British forces. Eventually the Brists had to use scorched earth tactics and invented concentration camps. In the end they allowed self rule and lost the colony to independence because of the resentment the wars has created.

Stupidity and warmongering go hand and hand and just having the most powerful military doesn't guarantee success.
so the history books that told me that we had a very large area to retreat to was right and that your claim that it was money is just something that you assume.

and we won in Iraq, we toppled a ruthless dictator

Forum List

Back