YouGov poll: 43% of Republicans could imagine supporting a military coup in the United States

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Ok, this is sad, this is just plain, old sad:

YouGov | Could a coup really happen in the United States?

military1.png

Wow.

"One nation, under G-d, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Just to remind.

-Stat

LOL, glass houses, Stat. I wouldn't crow about 20% myself...but either way, "imagine" is a broad enough word in this case as to be pointless. I can imagine space alien body snatchers taking over Washington, for example...

military1.png

Wow.

Just to remind.

-Stat
the government isn't the nation.

and the question was clear, 'under any circumstance'. Imagine total government control, brown shirts enforce the laws in a brutal fashion, you live in fear that your papers aren't right and your children have been taken away to reeducation camp.

How would you not want the military to take over?

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.
Do you have a link to back up that claim?

not saying it's not true, but that was never covered in any history book I've read.

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.
right..that means "they lost"...like I said.

...but the british didn't keep forces here..we kicked all of them out.

military1.png

Wow.

Just to remind.

-Stat
the government isn't the nation.

and the question was clear, 'under any circumstance'. Imagine total government control, brown shirts enforce the laws in a brutal fashion, you live in fear that your papers aren't right and your children have been taken away to reeducation camp.

How would you not want the military to take over?

It would be the military doing the brutalizing in your fantasy.

LOL, glass houses, Stat. I wouldn't crow about 20% myself...but either way, "imagine" is a broad enough word in this case as to be pointless. I can imagine space alien body snatchers taking over Washington, for example...

Ok, you get two points for that one. Indeed, "imagine" could mean a lot of things.

You are one smart new member.

And yes, 20% is also a little scary, if you ask me. Bad Dems, bad Dems!! Down boy, down!!!

:lol:

My point is: where the fuck are we as a society when this kind of stuff becomes parlor talk?

Wow.

Do you have a link to back up that claim?

not saying it's not true, but that was never covered in any history book I've read.
you could do the search and have the answer faster than I can find it and post it...I will anyway, though...hang on..

wow, most dems would rather be serfs and peasants to the government than have a bunch of evul cons free them.

Your fascist conservative brand of "freedom" is way worse to live under than what we have today under the Constitution.

Leave it to a far left drone to find some obscure non scientific poll (from overseas at that) to try and make another pointless post..
That's because Hillary's poll numbers are so bad he quit talking about them. Don't tell him we know though okay?

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

But we already knew that, eh, baby Huey?

I can multitask. If that word is too hard for you, you can just look it up, 214.

RWs here have said the US military would never fire on militia nutters.

Why don't we just give them Texasss?

Yeah, I know - we'd be sending them aid because they can't think or do for themselves.

Leave it to a far left drone to find some obscure non scientific poll (from overseas at that) to try and make another pointless post..
That's because Hillary's poll numbers are so bad he quit talking about them. Don't tell him we know though okay?

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

I can multitask. If that word is too hard for you, you can just look it up, 214.
SO that nasty old Whino you are supporting in the election is truly falling by HUGE amounts. You plan on supporting her right up to prison? Or the firing squad?

Uhm, no.

You are stupid.

See how the far left can not handle it when their "facts" turn out to be nothing!

Forum List

Back