You will now see flag draped coffins on the news

DB , what the hell do you think Bush thought was more important?

He didnt want people to stop supporting a war because it wasnt worth the sacrafice of our people.

It was a war for oil profits and you fell for it.

The worst part is many of our bravest gave their all and were not saluted by the American people when they came home, they came home in secret so Bush could keep the dying going.

He didnt want people to stop supporting a war because it wasnt worth the sacrafice of our people.

The worst part is many of our bravest gave their all and were not saluted by the American people when they came home, they came home in secret so Bush could keep the dying going.

Right, because all the negatives about the Iraq war were never reported........

They absolutely were saluted by their country. They were each buried with full military honors and by their loved ones. We don't parade dead people up and down the public streets of America, that's other countries you may have us confused with.

And since you have so many opinions on this subject, when was it that you served? Were you worried your body might not be paraded through the streets if you died in battle? I know that wasn't something that I thought about.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
They have to have the permission from the Families, I see big lawsuits abound if any news organization over steps their bounds on this one.

why do you think seeing the war dead will weaken the resolve? or do you fear the resolve has already weaken and this is just a sign of it. i would like to see daily profiles of the dead on the news nightly, on the net and in the newspaper, pictures of who they are and what they did...no shame in that...why not be PROUD of the men and women who have given it their all? why hid them, they should be honored and remembered.
when an important person dies..they are given total attention and memorialized...laying in state etc...why not the men/wome who have died in war? perhaps it will strengthen the resolve to finish what has begun...to honor these men and women by not letting them die in vain.

What a bunch of specious bullshit. You know damned good and well the only point of showing coffins is to weaken the will of the US to maintain its resolve in the fight.

They have always been allowed to be photographed in past wars.

You are right they Bush people wanted them out of sight so that people didnt have to really think of the dead as ......well....... dead.

Actually you are wrong -- shocker -- Pictures of war dead were not allowed to be shown in WW II for the same reason Bush didn't show them. In case you don't get this without someone actually stating it, we don't want another embarrassment that was our self-defeat in Vietnam. Not on the battlefield, but at home.

yeah but FDR was a democrat, so she won't fault him.

They are going to lift the ban that makes the war dead invisible.

Bad news for Obama. His outrageous government spending programs have less than 50% approval by Americans, and he's moving thousands of troops to Afghanistan. When more dead soldiers start to coming home in coffins, that'll be the end of Obama's political career.

Bad news for Obama. His outrageous government spending programs have less than 50% approval by Americans, and he's moving thousands of troops to Afghanistan. When more dead soldiers start to coming home in coffins, that'll be the end of Obama's political career.

Yeah, I wonder how long Obama will allow the war dead to be visible, considering he will probably fight these wars with one hand tied around his balls.

They have to have the permission from the Families, I see big lawsuits abound if any news organization over steps their bounds on this one.

troofdosen'tmatter conveniently left that part out didn't she?? or he??

The chief Reason was Privacy for the families you leftist retards And the fact that he didn't want you using the dead as a political fodder for your blatherskite.

There is only ONE reason this was stopped under Bush.

To keep the American people from thinking about these peoples sacrafice.

Ya cause the numbers were not published by the papers, the TV and cable news services. The names were not mentioned in numerous papers or Broadcast news.

You are a fucking RETARD. There was only one reason to show coffins and that was so the war protestors could use the images to try and drum up support for their anti war movement. NONE of them give or gave a shit about who died or even how many, other then to hope it was higher tomorrow then today.

You are one of THOSE people.

There is only ONE reason this was stopped under Bush.

To keep the American people from thinking about these peoples sacrafice.

Ya cause the numbers were not published by the papers, the TV and cable news services. The names were not mentioned in numerous papers or Broadcast news.

You are a fucking RETARD. There was only one reason to show coffins and that was so the war protestors could use the images to try and drum up support for their anti war movement. NONE of them give or gave a shit about who died or even how many, other then to hope it was higher tomorrow then today.

You are one of THOSE people.

Not entirely accurate. First, the images they do use are rarely from the current war being fought, many protesters will the historic images and add a lot in to make their side seem more right. Also, even if not aired on TV or any other media the images are easy to get ahold of, many of the families post their own photos on blogs and such now along with a ton of private footage uploaded to the net. Thanks to the internet they no longer need TV to get anything.

Wow! The speculation is amazing and humorous at the same time.

It boils down to this: preserving the dignity of our fallen warriors. For some families, it means not showing the pictures of their loved ones and for others, it's the exact opposite: to not show the pictures is to ignore their sacrifices.

What I approve of is that it's up to the families. I think this is much more reasonable than a simple ban across the board or a simple lifting of the ban across the board. :clap2:

The chief Reason was Privacy for the families you leftist retards And the fact that he didn't want you using the dead as a political fodder for your blatherskite.

Well now rightly so, the decision is put in the hands of the family and not the government. Not all families would take media photos as an invasion of privacy.

while i don't doubt that an obvious mouth breather like yourself requires something to be on tv to be real, i can assure you the war dead have not been invisible.

They have been denied the honor they have always had in war.

why?

They were returning home and we were NOT allowed to see them return.

Why?

You are a retard, and THIS is about the most dishonest crap I have ever seen from you, and that's saying something.

Being used as leftwing propaganda is NOT an honor, and please don't try to fool yourself or anyone else in trying to say it is.

Honor and respect would be NOT using the fallen to make some bullshit, twisted political statement.

Forum List

Back